What cures a periodontist, what does and what does
A periodontist is a specialized dentist. The scope of its activities, periodontics, heals and maintains the health of the whole complex of tissues surrounding the tooth.
Doctor paradontology, or rather, the periodontist must have a broad set of necessary knowledge that the treatment had a positive effect. Because, as you know, not timely diagnosed inflammation of the oral cavity can lead not only to discomfort and unpleasant sensations, but also to the loss of teeth, as well as the penetration of pus into the blood, which can cause irreparable damage to the body. In this case, the patient will not be able to assist the dentist with a therapeutic profile, or even a surgeon.
What cures a periodontist?
Let’s consider what treats periodontist. Periodontics deals with the treatment of stomatitis, periodontosis and other diseases of the oral tissues.
The patient should consult a dentist for this profile, in case you find such symptoms as:
- bleeding gums when chewing hard food, brushing your teeth, and in severe cases, when consuming hot or cold drinks and soft food;
- the appearance of pus around the gums;
- discomfort, or pain when chewing;
- swelling of the gums;
- bad breath;
- change the color of the gums – redness or paleness;
- loosening of the teeth;
- the appearance of gaps between the tooth and gum;
- the exposure of the tooth neck, i.e. the part which goes into the gums.
If found, consultation with a periodontist are essential.
Doctor periodontist takes place in several stages. First dentist periodontist diagnose the nature of the disease, and based on the selected method of treatment to time and money were not wasted.
Diagnosis in the majority of situations is the following:
- often gum disease and periodontal disease in General is caused by, for example, diabetes, therefore, the first step toward clinical and biochemical blood analysis;
- followed by x-rays of the teeth, for an accurate assessment of the stage of the disease;
- dentist periodontist does gum swabs to clarify the microbial composition;
- the doctor is investigating indices of bleeding, hygiene and destruction of bone tissue.
Methods of dealing with diseases
After the end of the diagnostic phase, the physician goes directly to treatment. Standard methods of influencing the reception is to provide:
- the removal of the deposits from around the gums, mechanically, by ultrasound, laser, or by sandblasting;
- the flushing of the pockets formed between the tooth and the periodontium with a special antiseptic, and in the future, the appointment of anti-inflammatory drugs;
- strengthening unnecessarily moving or loose teeth;
- the surgical operations in severe cases of periodontal disease.
All the above methods of dealing with diseases of the oral cavity vary according to identified dentist a periodontist symptoms. Let’s consider that a periodontist:
- closed curettage, the removal of dental plaque from the inner wall of periodontal pockets;
- surgical curettage, which is the incision of the gum and its subsequent detachment, then the tooth root is cleaned of plaque and Tartar. The «flap» sewn back;
- the removal of a tooth, or area, in particularly severe cases.
It is easier to prevent than to cure
Almost always, the disease can be prevented by a prophylactic, just following a few tips on oral hygiene. Dentist periodontist recommends specific actions, which ultimately makes the chance for the emergence of the disease is extremely low:
There’s no fear of treatment to a periodontist, because any doctor in the first place configured to improve the quality of life of the patient, than, in particular, deals with the periodontist.