White sores in the mouth of a child: treatment of sores
In children, problems with the mouth can be caused by different reasons. The most common cause is when the child pulls in a mouth dirty hands and enters the microbes. Because of this, and there are sores, especially when parents do not monitor the cleanliness of the home and the correct nutrition. It also occurs in the absence of calcium and magnesium. The disease can be prevented in the early stages, if you periodically monitor the condition of the oral cavity of the child.
Ulcers or sores in child’s mouth usually appear on the mucous membrane. The reasons are varied, but the most common and simplest among them the following: burn when consuming too hot food, trauma from the tooth shard, mechanical injury when exposed to brush.
Red and white sores in baby’s mouth have a medical name and the lung – aphthous stomatitis. Recent studies have determined that this disease is hereditary. Most infected by this kind of stomatitis in young girls.
The appearance of ulcerations may be caused by problems with the gastrointestinal tract and endocrine organs. The main causes of ulcers in the mouth are the following aspects:
- failure to comply with hygienic rules in full;
- lack of vitamins;
- reduced efficiency of the immune system;
- infectious diseases;
- braces, splints;
- an allergic reaction to something;
- autoimmune diseases;
- hormonal changes in the body in women;
- a toothpaste that contains sodium sulfate (these are not recommended for use daily).
Mouth ulcers the child appear very often immunocompromised persons, especially patients with HIV-infection and cancer. Ulcers can even lead to the formation of malignant tumors, so they should be treated in time.
In children have a weak immune system, so it inhibits the development of fungal infection. In addition to the sores appear the following symptoms:
- the mucosa is covered with a touch of white color;
- sometimes the temperature rises;
- can upset digestion.
The disease often enters the mouth along with bacteria, recorded with dirty hands. Therefore, you should accustom the child to wash their hands before every meal, after using the restroom, after shopping and walks.
Education the child’s mouth ulcers may be accompanied by diseases such as smallpox, diphtheria, herpes, and various allergic reactions to food. If the disease constantly recurs, the physician is likely to prescribe drugs with antihistamine action, immunomodulatory medicines, in some cases, antibiotics.
How and what is the best treatment for the child has mouth sores? Treatment should be based on identifying the cause. Usually in small children the sores appear due to yeast infection. The causative agent – the fungus that is in the permanent microflora of the oral cavity.
Treatment of mouth ulcers in a child can be done if you apply the following methods, depending on reason and stage of the disease:
- in any case it is impossible to use vitamin C – it eats ulcers. It is better to rinse the mouth with herbal solutions or antiseptics. Usually sores are caused by problems with the endocrine system and viral infections. On this basis, it is useful to rinse your mouth with calendula use;
- if there is an ulcer in the mouth of a child than it can be treated? For this purpose perfectly approaches a weak solution of potassium permanganate;
- if the sores appear due to herpes, you can buy in a drugstore a special gel, but then to increase efficiency it is possible to rinse potassium permanganate;
- the treatment can be carried out using Solcoseryl gel Metrogyl Denta. Especially well it helps if he has suffered injury as a result of destruction of a tooth;
- sores well treated when using a mixture of salt and soda. You need to mix them and add furatsilin and water. Apply locally;
- treatment can be achieved if rinse mouth with a solution of chamomile, and then locally apply the sea buckthorn oil;
- you can dissolve vitamin B12, dipped in a solution of a q-tip or disc and treat the sores;
- the treatment goes well if you mix sour cream with chopped garlic or onion and apply this mixture on the sores;
- helps chopped fresh potatoes, which need to be put on the sores;
- treatment can provide, you can mix the glycerin with turmeric. The mixture is applied to the affected area locally.
To the doctor not to go for the first time, if there is confidence that traditional medicine will help. If no improvement occurs or there are other symptoms, it is best to visit a doctor he’ll tell you what the problem is and what treatment in this case will help.
Mouth sores and treatment the child will take place without complications, if the time to go to the doctor.
In prevention should observe the following rules:
- it is recommended to follow a proper diet with all necessary vitamins and to monitor the condition of the gastrointestinal tract;
- must constantly strengthen the immune system;
- maintaining hygiene of the oral cavity;
- you need time to carry out preventive inspections and provide treatment teeth a good dentist;
- to avoid any injury of the mucosa: to give up habits of Smoking and alcohol abuse, not to eat very hot food.
After injuries ulcers can heal quickly if properly care for the oral cavity. Healing can be accelerated with the help of folk medicine and medical treatment. The infection needs to be treated locally because the effect of the drugs to be effective. Ulcers should be treated as quickly as possible, as it is quite a lengthy process that requires expert intervention.