Why climbed language in a child or adult: causes
Many parents anxiously notice that the child is changing language – he suddenly changes its normal color begins to peel off and climb round. Why such changes occur, whether they represent a serious disease and what treatment is required?
Geographic tongue, also known as desquamative glossitis is a disease of inflammatory and dystrophic character, accompanied by external changes in the mucous surface of the tongue. This disease does not have any «age» — it may have the same frequency meet in adults and in newborn babies. Most often geographic tongue is diagnosed quite by accident, at the next reception at the dentist.
Causes of desquamative glossitis
To date, the final causes of desquamative glossitis was not definitely identified and not installed, why do adult language.. But experts identify some factors that have a direct impact on the development of the disease:
- If you like the language, the reasons can be related to a vitamin deficiency. One of the main reasons for the development of pathology is considered to be a failure in vitamin metabolism – often it is a violation of exchange of vitamins of group B. Such failures are accompanied by disorders of digestion and of the nervous system, increased dryness and skin irritation, disturbances in the process of hematopoiesis. Also failures in vitamin metabolism characterized by bleeding gums and inflammatory changes of the mucosal surface of the oral cavity.
- Common reasons for the appearance of desquamative glossitis in children and adults can be attributed to various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Among such diseases can distinguish gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcers, gastroduodenitis, malabsorption syndrome (pathology in the normal process of transport and digestion in the small intestine rug).
- Hepatitis and other pathological conditions of the liver – a common cause that an adult can climb the language.
- Various diseases of the endocrine system and the pancreas – diabetes mellitus, acute and chronic pancreatitis.
- The presence of tumors benign or malignant nature.
- Autoimmune diseases (rheumatoid type arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, multiple sclerosis).
If the child has language. this may be due to vitamin deficiency or prolonged intake of certain medications.
In addition, if the parents notice that the kid has climbed the language, it can be a reaction of the child’s body on vaccinations.
Also in children the appearance of desquamative glossitis often acts as the body’s response to a helminth infection, the manifestation of colitis and enterocolitis. Pathological changes of the mucosal surface of the oral cavity in girls may be associated with puberty, to be exact a hormonal imbalance in the child’s body.
Symptoms of geographic tongue
The main symptoms of desquamative glossitis marked a «naked» look, so often diagnosis is not very difficult. In the majority of cases of geographic tongue refers to the painless pathology – the disease is not accompanied by any complaints and symptoms.
The appearance of geographical language exactly fits its name – on the mucous surface of the tongue appear white stripes, furrows and spots, which visually resemble a geographical map. The sizes of these spots can range from a few millimeters to centimeters. Most often, these lesions are multiple, and in extremely rare cases – a single.
In the initial stages of the disease the spots are small, but grow quickly begin to merge together and creating larger spots.
The appearance of geographic tongue in some cases may be accompanied by discomfort, itching and tingling in the area of the surface of the tongue, especially those uncomfortable sensations during the meal. When consuming too hot or cold, sour, spicy or salty foods people may feel irregularities in the sensitivity of the language up to a complete loss of taste sensations.
Diagnosis of geographic tongue
As mentioned above, diagnosis of desquamative glossitis language is straightforward and may be based on visual inspection of the mucosal surface of the oral cavity. Diagnosis of desquamative glossitis is aimed at identifying the answer to the question – why can explore the language, and is carried out in several ways:
Treatment of desquamative glossitis
Desquamative glossitis is not classified as dangerous diseases with severe consequences. Many parents, seeing that the son or daughter. the language panic, fearing that such changes in the oral mucosa can develop into cancer tumors. These fears are absolutely groundless. Desquamative glossitis never degenerates into cancer.
If geographic tongue is a secondary symptom of another underlying disease – the treatment should be complex.
To eliminate unpleasant sensations, itching and burning on the mucosa surface of the tongue can be used analgesic drugs. In order to relieve yourself from the discomfort, it is necessary to eliminate from the diet all sharp, salty, sour, too hot and cold dishes.
- Several times a day is necessary to carry out antiseptic rinsing of the oral cavity. For this purpose, use special disinfectant drugs that are prescribed by a doctor.
- Excellent effect gives oil bath. You can take sunflower, corn or olive oil, for 20-25 minutes, heated in a water bath.
- A thorough sanitation of the oral cavity – early treatment of carious teeth, gum disease, systematic cleaning.
- Effective addition to treatment will be taking multivitamin complexes. But in any case should not choose them yourself, be sure to consult with a specialist.
Adult men and women are encouraged to abandon many bad habits such as Smoking, frequent consumption of strong alcoholic beverages as well as sweets and other foods with lots of sugar.