Why is the language in the cracks: causes cracks on the tongue
The appearance of plaque, stains or cracks in the language not only brings discomfort, but is one of the symptoms of diseases of the oral cavity or vital systems of the body. Therefore, appearance of the tongue doctors can diagnose some pathology, even in the early stages.
Why is the language loose, cracked, accumulates white film, the blood on the mucous membranes which causes of the disease? Cracks, inflammatory processes on the surface of a muscular organ is called glossitis. Damage can be minor, barely noticeable, or to form deep furrows, similar to cuts, across the surface of the tongue. While there is discomfort, a burning sensation in the mouth of the patient during eating, talking.
Causes of glossitis
Tongue sore, cracked and RAID, what are the reasons?
- Allergies to food or medicine.
- Chronic diseases of the digestive, blood, endocrine system.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Deficiency in b vitamins
- Diseases of the thyroid gland.
- Worm infestation.
- Intoxication in poisoning.
- Iron-deficiency anemia.
- Running a form of stomatitis.
- Mechanical injury.
To cause the appearance of cracks and white patches on the tongue may be a large number of different diseases, to correctly identify the cause of the disease can the doctor, after examination of the oral cavity and for clinical analyses. Folding of the mucosa can also be a symptom of down syndrome, Melkersson-Rosenthal.
The types of the disease
Glossitis is of several types:
- Diamond type is manifested by the formation on the tongue cracks in the middle, surrounded by a bluish area of the mucous membrane in the form of a lozenge or of the ellipse, the cause of disease – chronic disease of the digestive tract. This case is most likely to be recurrent in nature, arise periodically exacerbation.
- At desquamative glossitis formed shallow cracks, blemishes on the tongue, covered with white bloom. Muscular body becomes like a map. The cause of the disease may be herpetic stomatitis, pathology of the digestive system, metabolic processes in the human body. Glossitis occurs in pregnant women due to hormonal disturbances, in children with a helminth infection, while teething, adolescents in the period of intensive growth. Chronic diseases of the blood and liver and provoke the formation of cracks on the tongue.
- Why does the language appear deep, cut into the cracks, what they mean and how to treat them? Longitudinal or transverse grooves on the surface of the mucous membrane in children are congenital abnormality, called folded glossitis. The deepest crack on the tongue in the middle, it usually does not cause discomfort to the person, treatment is not required. If this disease should pay special attention to oral hygiene, thoroughly clean bacterial plaque from the surface of mucous membranes.
Cracks on the tongue may not cause any discomfort and discovered by accident, and can hurt, bleed, become inflamed.
Different damage depth and area of destruction. Appearance of the mucous membranes is constantly changing.
Localization of cracks
What hurts and cracks the language of a man why lesions are formed in different places? A separate area of a muscular organ responsible for the function of certain systems:
- Cracks in the tongue appear as a result of injury, thermal burns, stomatitis, disorders of the Central nervous system.
- If cracked all language, reason – folded or desquamative glossitis.
- In the middle of the tongue formed a spot, he cracked and sore is rhomboid glossitis. Cracks on the tongue arise from the drying of the mucous membranes, a weak immune system or insufficient amount of saliva secreted by the salivary glands.
- If the language is cracking on the sides, causes – anemia and other blood diseases, pathology of the digestive system, treatment should be given after proper diagnosis. With a low level of hemoglobin in the blood affects the mucous membranes of the oral cavity and the nail plate.
Treatment is primarily aimed at eliminating the causes that caused the disease. When violations in the digestive tract in humans, there is pain and heaviness in region of stomach after eating, impaired chair, worried about flatulence, belching. In the language of crack of different depths, the dark plaque that is difficult to remove. When such symptoms require advice and treatment from a gastroenterologist.
When the intoxication is dehydration due to diarrhea and vomiting, the mucous membranes in the mouth dry, there are cracks and dark patches on the tongue. To resolve the pathology, you need to cleanse the body of harmful toxins and restore the proper balance.
If desquamative glossitis formed as a result of viral or bacterial type of the disease, need treatment, aimed at strengthening the human immune system, suppress pathogenic organisms and viruses.
Painful sensations shoot through applications of Lidocaine, Dekina. Useful conducting physiotherapeutic procedures: electrophoresis, galvanization, iontophoresis.
Some hygiene products cause drying of mucous membranes, allergic reactions. The appearance of discomfort in the oral cavity after brushing teeth, replace toothpaste and mouthwash. To give preference to need pharmaceutical preparations containing extracts of medicinal herbs.
To eliminate pain, discomfort in the oral cavity, which cause cracks in the mucosa of the language, it is necessary to do regular rinsing with antiseptic solutions (Chlorhexidine, Furatsilin, baking soda, salt). Reduce inflammation, accelerate wound healing decoction of herbs (chamomile, sage, oak bark, calendula). The surface of the mucosa can be lubricated with sea buckthorn oil, vitamin a, in the form of oil solution. The local treatment must be carried out in combination with drug therapy.
Also assigned a diet that excludes the consumption of salty, spicy, sweet, sour, hot food. It should stick to healing wounds.
In the formed cracks on the tongue accumulates food debris, bacterial plaque. This can lead to the development of the inflammatory process, resulting in formation of abscesses, ulcers, crusts of dark color. Patients the body temperature rises, deteriorating health, increased pain and swelling.
Cracks and coating on your tongue is also a symptom of various diseases of the oral cavity or internal organs. So when they appear not to self-medicate, it will only provide a temporary result. For assistance, contact a qualified technician.