Adenoids and allergies: what is their relationship and how it is dangerous?
Hello, dear readers! Online forums often is the information in which the parents complain that the child has an Allergy suddenly increased adenoids. Unfortunately, this happens regularly and it has its reasons.
What are adenoids and allergies? What can cause hypersensitivity? Read the article and find out whether allergic intolerance to affect the top way of breathing.
Adenoids and allergies — the relationship
Allergy is excessively increased sensitivity to anything. It can cause various substances contained in foods, medications, plants (pollen) and much more.
According to medical statistics say that most allergic symptoms associated with upper respiratory. Simply put, the symptoms are:
- runny nose;
- swelling of the mucous membranes of the nose and larynx;
- pain and sore throat.
Allergic reactions associated with the ways of breath often occur in children, as their immature bodies are too sensitive. Children’s allergies almost always end with changes of the nasal cavity and nasopharynx.
For example, triggered by the allergic rhinitis is observed in 98% of children with allergies. In addition to rhinitis, the allergic basis can develop other conditions such as adenoiditis.
This disease is associated with adenoids — «cleaning the filter» of our body. Examining the relationship between adenoids and intolerance, we come to the next question.
What are adenoids: their role in our body
This is the nasopharyngeal tonsils, which are formed in humans at birth. They are the natural filters of our body.
Adenoids are cleaned from dust and other pollutants, so their role in our bodies is extremely important. But sometimes these little bodies become problematic. This can happen due to this Allergy.
What threat intolerance for adenoids?
Due to frequent allergic attacks the lymphoid tissue may increase in size. It is nasopharyngeal tonsil.
If the adenoids are simply increased in size, it’s not bad, but if they are inflamed, you may develop the disease adenoiditis, which you can study in detail by reading a separate article.
An increase in nasopharyngeal tonsils are common in children. In the past, this variation was typical for age 3-10 years, but in the modern world, age limits are greatly expanded.
How to understand that children have allergies was having problems with the adenoids?
Is it possible to identify this problem visually? No, because the tonsils are located deep in the nasopharynx. But if you try and look at the allergies, then you may notice the following deviations that indicate problems with adenoids are allergic to the soil:
- nasal breathing is disturbed, the child ceases to breathe through the nose at all or not breathing them in the night;
- during sleep, snoring appears;
- baby wakes up at night in a panic state, asking for water, nervous;
- appear prolonged colds (lasting more than two weeks);
- frequent catarrhal diseases (a natural filter no longer cope with their responsibilities);
- deteriorating hearing;
- significantly decreases efficiency;
- appears malocclusion — a peculiar structure of the jaws;
- is disturbed it appears twang;
- frequent inflammation of the middle ear.
What are the dangers of an increase in nasopharyngeal tonsils?
Komorowski — well-known pediatrician, claims that the enlarged tonsils are the cause of the increased frequency of allergies. In addition, the deteriorating General condition of allergic.
Due to the fact that breathing occurs through the mouth, oxygen starvation begins. It causes anemia and other such deviations.
Appearance for the modern man. Suffering from adenoids it varies considerably. Provoked allergic to the overgrowth of tonsils of the nasopharynx changes lead to changes in face shape. Doctors call this «adenoid appearance».
The degree of increase in tonsils of the nasopharynx
There are only three:
- 1 — tonsils close the third upper part of the Shoe (appears that night, the child begins to mouth breathing and snoring);
- 2 — closed two-thirds of the Shoe (the child strongly snores, breathing through the mouth continuously);
- Stage 3 — closed for the opener (nose breathing becomes impossible).
Treatment of enlarged nasopharyngeal tonsils — the process is complex and time-consuming. It is often impossible to do without surgery. Want to know in which cases removal of the adenoids can be avoided? Then read carefully.
How to do without adenoidectomy, increase allergic basis?
To avoid the need for surgery will help the timely identification of the problem (preferably in the first degree) and proper treatment:
- cease to provoke allergic attacks is to avoid contact with the provocateur hypersensitivity;
- take antihistamines — Help (children), Suprastin and other;
- make immunocorrector (assigned individually);
- in dangerous allergic period (spring or summer) to take vitamins;
- conduct physiotherapy — inhalations, electrophoresis;
- wash nasal passages with a method «Proza» — in common this procedure is called «cuckoo».
The course of the above treatment should last not less than 10-15 days. Then take a one month break. After the break, therapy against allergic enlarged adenoids is repeated. By the way, the procedure «cuckoo» children respond well.
This concludes my article. Read more about increase in nasopharyngeal tonsils, allergic ground, see the separate article. Tell us about the read to your friends by clicking «share». Subscribe for updates, then you will receive notification of new publications, which appear daily. All the best to you!
The author: Elena Smirnova (dermatologist)