Allergy to pollen: how to distinguish it from the common cold?
Good day to you, dear readers! Allergy to pollen is one of the most common types of diseases associated with hypersensitivity. These allergies are distinguished from others that suffer every year at certain seasons. The most dangerous for them are:
What would it be? People with allergies cannot go out from spring to autumn? Read this article carefully and find out a lot of useful information about pulsovoj allergies — hay fever.
What is hay fever?
Such a reaction of hypersensitivity refers to the first type. Cause is specific antibody — immunoglobulin E, which are produced by the body to protect from the stimulus.
Dangerous for ill, in this case, is the pollen of different types of plants: herbs, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
Pollen lands on the mucous membranes of respiratory ways and eyes in the first place. Because of this the main symptoms of hay fever are as follows:
- conjunctivitis — eye inflammation;
- rhinitis on the basis pulsovoj intolerance is nasal congestion, mucus, sneezing;
- bronchial asthma-allergic type.
What are the other symptoms of hay fever occur?
Listed above are light manifestations of the disease. But, unfortunately, allergies do not always develop in the Lite version.
In severe cases it can cause: rashes on the skin in the form of Kropiwnicki and similar defects; cystitis, vulvitis, vulvovaginal; gastritis, colic, vomiting and disorders of gastrointestinal tract; meningitis and other CNS disorders.
Pollen of plant origin has very small dimensions and can therefore easily penetrate into our body. Moreover, in its composition there are certain substances that improve the permeability of human tissue such as blood vessels.
Because of this, the symptoms of hay fever always appears sharp and aggressive. Seasonal allergies are almost impossible to cure. It has terrible complications and may develop into a cross shape.
What is a cross-pollinosis?
When a cross body suffering from pollinosis starting to negatively perceive not only pollen, but also other potential irritants. People reacting to floral or any other pollen, often acquire cross-intolerance to such products:
- sensitive to the pollen of trees — apples, cherries, peach, cherry, plum, carrots, tomatoes, white potatoes, kiwi fruit;
- sensitive to the pollen of cereal — grain products and kvass, semolina, bran, bread crumbs, candies, cereals, in particular, the «Hercules»;
- sensitive to grass pollen weed (ambrosia, wormwood, and other «weeds») — watermelons, zucchini, eggplant, sunflower oil, sunflower seeds, halva, honey, citrus, chicory.
How to understand what it is allergic to?
If in the spring and summer you suddenly became ill (the symptoms of pollinosis described above), go to an allergist, who with the help of allergodil will determine what triggered your disorder.
If for any reason you can’t go to the hospital, then look closely to his condition. Depending on when exactly the Allergy, you can determine what provoked it:
What to do if your child or you had hay fever? Of course, to treat it, otherwise you can get complications.
Therapy against hay fever
Hay fever is treated comprehensively using the following tools:
- elimination of the stimulus — the removal of irritating substances from the body, what will help the sorbents, and further avoidance of it;
- pharmacotherapy — antihistamines medicines
- allergen-specific immunotherapy.
The first two points are clear. Harmful substance, the stimulus can be withdrawn from the body using adsorbents — activated carbon, Laktofiltrum etc.
Acute symptoms of hay fever will help to eliminate medications antihistamines group: Zyrtec, Zodak, Diazolin, Tavegil and others. But what is the allergen-specific therapy?
When allergen-specific therapy of allergic the body is forced to get used to the stimulus. A few weeks before the dangerous season ill start to introduce small doses of an allergen daily.
Gradually the body stops so hard and aggressive to respond to a stimulus. Thanks to allergic attacks tend to be more quickly and easily.
Useful additional tips
- in the spring, summer and fall often ventilate housing, but only in the evening;
- do frequent cleaning, paying particular attention to the dust;
- after coming off the street, rinse mouth and nasal cavity;
- do not use perfumes, air fresheners with floral scents;
- if the room had a mold, which, incidentally, is also a fungus and reproduces by spores, it should be immediately removed;
- do not go outside in the morning and in dry hot weather (under these conditions the pollen is distributed active);
- protect eyes on the street using glasses.
These simple tips will help you protect against hay fever. I hope this article answered all questions and was interesting. Share read information in the social. networks with your friends and subscribe to site updates. I wish you good health, until we meet again!
The author: Elena Smirnova (dermatologist)