Cream for healing scars and scar tissue: types, characteristics and efficiency
Mechanical damage, acne, the effects of operations, «chemistry» and other interventions leave on the skin and scars which spoil the whole aesthetics and add extra facilities. Modern pharmacology offers a wide range of different drugs to combat the residual effects. Cream for healing scars and scar tissue is one of the effective means. What is its effectiveness and how fast you can get results?
The content of the article
Methods of removing scars
To completely remove an existing scar, especially if it is a consequence of the operation impossible. However, you can ensure that it was a bit noticeable. Modern methods of removing residual effects include conservative and surgical methods.
Removal of scars should be started only after complete healing of the wound. Method of treatment is chosen depending on the nature of the scar. Modern technologies include:
- Treatment creams and ointments – the most common method, which is combined with hardware removal. Medications are effective in enhancing local metabolic processes and blood circulation, promote collagen synthesis, activate a local immune response.
- Inject means is the method in which the injection method is administered a small dose of absorbable drug (Diprospan).
- Silicone film – available in plaster, which creates a moist environment. It is fixed in place of the scar for a long time.
- Microdermabrasion is a method of resurfacing the top layer of the epidermis. The procedure does not require anesthesia. The skin is processed by the micro-particles of aluminum crystals using vacuum. For maximum results it is necessary to 7 procedures, among which there should be a break of 3-4 weeks.
- Chemical peeling is a method of using chemicals to remove a layer of the epidermis. The most effective in combating normotroficheskie scars.
- Medical linen – use of compression garment, which is worn at least six months. Due to compression of blood vessels that feed the scar, stopping trophic and growth of the latter.
There are three main radical method: surgical excision of the scar, laser, plastic skin using a transfer area of the epidermis.
Laser resurfacing destroys the dead skin cells, clusive the top layer of the scar, giving it the appearance of natural skin. The result is manifested in the form of thinning of the scar, smoothing the surface, leveling tone.
Before choosing a method of dealing with residual effects should consult with experts.
Creams and ointments scars
Most modern drugs component contains allantoin – a substance which is a product of catabolism and stimulating cell regeneration. In addition, it is fluid retention in the tissues of the pathological area, which contributes to a quicker recovery.
The benefits of using creams and ointments are manifested in the following:
In some cases, the drugs are effective
Local therapy is used to deal with the following conditions:
Long-term experience of dermatologists and surgeons in the struggle with residual effects helped to create a list of the most effective means.
The drug is available in gel form, is used for external application. Contractubex has proteolytic activity and is effective against scarring keloid and hypertrophic character.
The gel can be applied even in childhood. The drug is applied to the affected area, gently rubbing into the scar tissue. The course of treatment is 3 months. Old scars cause of an application with the drug at night. In these cases, the treatment is extended to six months. In the treatment of contractures allowed prolonged usage – 1 year.
To enhance the efficiency can be combined with physiotherapy and hardware procedures.
Video about the drug
Available in the form of a cream based on urea. The tool supports the necessary water balance in the field of pathology. The drug has an absorbing, antibacterial and keratolytic action.
The second active component of Clofibrate is camphor, which relieves inflammation and has an analgesic effect. The drug is used for the treatment of already formed scars and prevent their occurrence.
Easy to apply by rubbing or in the form of applications. The course of treatment is 1-1,5 month with fresh and residual effects up to 6 months old.
The preparation of a transparent substance, having no peculiar smell. The active substance is silicone, which acts on a superficial level, and has a corrective and moisturizing effect. Scars soften, become less visible, eliminates itching and discomfort in the area of pathology.
Dermatix applied in a thin layer. Not surprisingly, it is absorbed independently for several minutes. From the scars it must be used up to 8 weeks. The drug is effective and stretch marks, restoring skin tone and elasticity.
A tool used to prevent scars and stretch marks, as well as the return elasticity of the skin. In addition, it is effective for the following conditions:
Available in a non-greasy, hypoallergenic clear gel that does not have peculiar smell. In the preparation includes onion extract, allantoin, sorbic acid and xanthan gum.
Effective against stretch marks, cosmetic scars, post-burn States, postplanting phenomena, to restore the skin after treatments. Special attention should be paid to the fact that Mederma having the result only in the suppression of young scars and scars (not more than 12 months ago).
Protivorechivoe agent based on proteolytic enzymes. Has the following action:
Tightening of scars
The duration of wound healing and scar formation process depends on the presence of infection, permanent injury to the granulation wound surface, elasticity and skin tone of the immune system.
The scar begins to form from 2 to 4 weeks after lesions of the skin and deeper structures. By this time epithelialization has been completed. Deeper layers continue the regeneration process, and is formed on the surface of the scar. There is an increase in the amount of collagen, proliferating connective-tissue elements.
The process of formation of pathological scar lasts from 1 to 3 months depending on the individual characteristics of the organism and environmental factors.
Homemade recipes from the scars
Known methods are the use of lemon juice and aloe leaves. One of these techniques is applied on a cotton sponges and fixed with a band-aid in the form of an application or compress. This procedure is done in a day. You can alternate with each other, without any interruption.
Several effective methods:
- The fenugreek. The seeds of medicinal plants purchased in the pharmacy. Pour a tablespoon of water and keep on heat for 5 minutes after the water will boil. Use as a lotion.
- Powder of sandalwood. The substance is diluted with water and allowed to stand for 10 hours. The scar area treated with the solution and allowed to absorb.
- To make a whitish scar will help ordinary cucumber. On the pathological area applied slurry of the vegetable and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Mashed banana will remove the redness and itching of the scar, make the skin more elastic. Freshly prepared slurry is applied to the scar for 20 minutes.
Rapid healing and skin reconstruction, as well as the opportunity to make the scar less noticeable promotes the following tips:
The effectiveness of the struggle with residual effects depends on the timely initiation of therapy and the correct choice of treatment. The appearance of the scar is not an intractable problem. It is sufficient to select a qualified physician and follow his recommendations.