Drugs for herpes: a list of the most effective
Dear friends, Hello. Today I will describe the most popular and effective drugs for herpes. Some of them are struggling with the external sores and others relieve itching and burning. What kind of medication it is better to choose? You can find this out by reading the article until the end. An enjoyable read.
What can cure herpes?
Herpes is a viral disease that should be treated comprehensively. Sometimes with a good immunity in humans rashes very little.
The body itself fights with the infection, so in this case you can do the usual herpes by external means (what – will learn later).
But if herpes is accompanied by high body temperature, abundant vesicles, itching, burning and painful condition, you will need something stronger than cream.
In addition to antiviral medications, you will need immunostimulatory to enhance immunity.
For those who have a tendency to herpes, it is important to always have in my kit of tools that combine immunomodulatory and antiviral activity.
What drug should be taken against herpes virus?
This disease can be caused by herpesvirus 8 types. Medicines should be selected only after it is confirmed the presence in the body certain type of virus. It can be pills or ointment.
If the bubbles are not distributed in the body and located, for example, only on the lips, in this case, it will be ointments, but in the case of multiple manifestations of the disease will help pills.
Sometimes time accepted the pill will prevent the appearance of bubbles on the body or the lips, and avoid common ailments.
Of course, the ointments also have their advantages:
- ointment great relieve from pain and itching;
- they are well dried vesicles;
- local funds may prevent the appearance of new ulcers.
In severe cases, an antiviral medication can be intravenously.
The best antiviral medicines from herpes virus
Here we come to the main point – to the list of best means to eliminate the herpes virus. Today, there are several basic drugs, which are perfectly cope with the disease.
This is the first herpes drug, whose effectiveness is proven clinically. In pharmacies you can find as a medicine with the same name, and the name Zovirax. Has to sell a lot of generic acyclovir – Aciherpin, Medovir, Vivorax, Elsevir, Virolex and other.
Thanks to them you can get rid of symptoms of herpes zoster, chickenpox, and herpes type 1, which most often occurs in the lips in adults.
Produced product in the form of ointments, tablets with 400, 200, 800 mg of active substance. In addition, there are special powders for the manufacture of injections.
It is best if you start taking Acyclovir as soon as I felt burning and tingling in the affected area.
To be smeared with ointment several times a day, and drink a pill once a day. Usually 5-7 days to fully cure.
If after this time the disease persists, they should go to the doctor for the appointment of another drug.
I want to note that this medication also has side effects:
- pain in the head;
- problems with the gastrointestinal tract ;
- breathing problems;
- a rash on the skin.
If you notice the manifestation of at least one of the symptoms, you should stop taking the acyclovir.
This means you can’t drink expectant mothers, lactating, and children.
This antiviral medication for herpes, which when ingested is converted to acyclovir.
It’s useful for getting rid of herpes zoster, simple herpes virus, as well as for the prevention of cytomegalovirus.
The he needs therapy with valtrex is the original drug valacyclovir. From a generic stand – Valugard, Valvir. This means the body absorbs better in contrast to acyclovir. Therefore, to completely get rid of the disease you will need less pills.
For herpes zoster you need to drink 1,000 mg three times a day for 7 days. If you have the herpes simplex type, the treatment should continue for 10 days (500 mg twice a day).
This drug can be used the infected person in the case of a genital lesion so as not to infect their partner.
Regular sexual life Valacyclovir need to drink for a year one pill a day, and if the sexual life is irregular, then drink 500 mg of the drug a few days before the alleged sexual contact.
If you will regularly take this medication, may cause nausea with the headaches. All drugs with Valacyclovir should not take those who have disorders in the kidneys.
- Famciclovir (Famvir)
This is a good but expensive tool against disease. The drug is available in pill form, 500, 250 and 125 mg.
If you need a cream with the same active substance, it is called Penciclovir. It is effective from genital herpes, cytomegalovirus, and herpes zoster.
Famciclovir is retained in the body for up to 12 hours after the first application, so that it does not spread the virus is actively suppressing all forms of herpes simple.
Due to the fact that this drug has on the body toxic effects, the dosage is better to agree with your doctor. Usually enough taking 500 mg three times a day.
Of the side effects are: skin rash; depression; gastrointestinal disorders.
This is a Russian drug that is sold in the form:
- gel for intimate use;
- ampoules with solution for injections.
As the active substance is the extract of shoots of potatoes. He has healing, anti-inflammatory effect and helps to cope with different herpes viruses, including damage to the eyes, face, herpes and genital disease.
Panavir is considered to be both immunomodulatory and anti-virus tool. As a side effect I want to highlight the idiosyncrasy.
Creams, gels, ointments, herpes viruses
Some prefer tablets ointments because they believe that this form of production less harmful to the organism because it is applied solely on the affected skin.
Moreover, the ointment heals bolaki, not only suppress the virus. That’s why pharmacies have a big choice antiherpetic ointments and gels.
Here is an inexpensive but effective modern external remedy for herpes:
- The ointment Zovirax, which helps to get rid of the virus on the lips. It can be applied up to 5 times a day. However, this tool is useless from certain types of virus.
- Acyclovir is an analogue of Zovirax Russian origin, but at a more affordable price.
- Cream Vivorax with acyclovir as the main active component. It is used for the treatment of various herpes viruses (simple, sexual, herpes). Apply the cream approximately 10 days.
- Ointment Bonafton used for the treatment of herpes zoster, herpes simplex, herpetic stomatitis, and keratitis. This tool, unlike others, can be used for the treatment of mucous membranes. If the virus has infected eye, the ointment is laid over the eyelid to 4 times a day. The patient may feel a burning sensation, which will be held after 5 minutes. For children it is acceptable to use no more than 0. 025 g per application.
- Cream Fenistil penciler with penciclovir. This tool helps with the appearance of herpes labialis. Children are allowed to use 12. It is best to start the application with the first symptoms.
- Gel Panavir, which includes exony glycoside. It should be applied to the affected skin 5 times a day rate of up to 10 days. This tool will help in genital encircling, simple as well as eye herpes.
- Cream Viru-Merz Serol with tromantadine, dry itchy blisters. It relieves burning, itching, helps with chicken pox encircling lesion.
- 1% ointment Helepin, which is used for the treatment of herpes of the eye. 5% of vehicle treated shingles and genital virus. The course can last up to a month.
- Oxolinic ointment with 1% or 2 % active ingredient.In addition to these popular drugs in the pharmacy you can find generic versions of the Russian and Indian production — Herperax, Aciherpin, Gerberas and other.
In addition to antiviral medications you can use tools for healing action, sometimes the wounds on his body heal for a very long time. So this is the drugs:
- sea buckthorn oil or products based on it, for example, Giporamin, which will accelerate the healing of blisters.
- panthenol and other creams with this substance is the basis that will stimulate tissue regeneration.
- rosehip oil that helps regenerate the skin in mucous membranes and other affected areas.
Treatment of herpes virus type 6
To treat this type of virus are used: interferon; antiviral drugs — ganciclovir, acyclovir, immunoglobulins. They are used only in severe course of the disease. If you have, for example, roseola, it should be limited to symptomatic therapy.
Nonspecific drugs from the herpes viruses
Some even do not guess that from the manifestations of the virus can help unconventional medicines, example, Corvalol. It is sufficient to lubricate the affected area with the crushed pill or drops a couple of times a day.
The Sage has a peppermint oil and alcohol, which eliminate swelling and antiseptic effect. However, this tool is not an antivirus, therefore, from the strong manifestations of herpes it won’t help.
As an antiseptic, you can also use hydrogen peroxide. Her action, like Pills, she can stop the spread of bubbles.
A list of the best immunomodulators
If the person at least once contracted the herpes virus, the virus will sit in the body for life. To get rid of it. It is only possible to reduce its harmful effects. If a person has good immunity, he leads an active life, has bad habits, that herpes it is not dangerous.
If the immune system is not all right, and the herpes can occur quite often. To avoid this, you can drink a course of immunomodulatory drugs.
The most effective tools for immunity herpes are:
All the medicines must be prescribed by a doctor. If you will yourself to take these medications, at least they will not bring any benefit, but the maximum will cause your immune system harm.
It is best to use from the herpes virus?
So, dear readers, to get rid of herpes, you better to be treated comprehensively, and with the aid of immunomodulatory and antiviral drugs.
Antiviral drugs of synthetic and plant origin will stop the negative impact of viruses, will dry the sores and stop spread to other areas of the body. The effect of immunomodulators aimed to help your body recover faster from illness.
It is better if you will not treat herpes without a doctor’s advice. Only a doctor can determine the type of the virus and to prescribe effective therapy.
We advise you to read share information with your friends and subscribe to site updates. Be healthy!
Author: Anna Derbeneva (dermatologist)