Is it possible to burn the pimples with iodine on my face: benefit or harm?
The content of the article
Which only means not going to the entrance to return the skin a healthy appearance in the presence of inflammatory lesions and blackheads. Pharmaceutical companies offer a large variety of medicines high price category. But there are simple and cheap tools used in complex therapy. This drug is considered to be iodine. Is it possible to burn the pimples with iodine on the face and how to do it properly, take a closer look.
Whether to cauterize?
Employees of the medical sphere have divided opinion. Some believe that iodine dries and tightens the skin, exacerbating the problem of acne. Others are saying about silver lining in the form of disinfection and antiseptic action, not allowing pathological organisms to continue to reproduce.
The benefits of using iodine in the treatment of pimples and acne:
Disadvantages of the drug:
Before using any drug, including iodine, you should consult a dermatologist (if necessary with the endocrinologist).
Use against acne and pimples
A mandatory condition is to check if you are allergic to components of the iodine solutions. To do this, a drop of drug is applied on the area with the thinnest skin (e.g., forearm). In the absence of hypersensitivity skin did not react. In case of redness, itching, irritation, the iodine used to ablate acne is impossible.
Before the treatment of pathological elements, the skin is cleaned with antibacterial lotion or gel cleanser. Ordinary soap is not recommended because it will increase the effect of dryness.
- Iodine is applied with a cotton swab.
- : Of the wand into the solution, it is applied directly on the pimple so as not to affect nearby healthy tissue.
- Hold in this position for about a minute. The drug will penetrate to the deepest layers of the epidermis.
- A few hours on the skin of the face apply the cream with antibacterial effect. This eliminates the feeling of dryness and tightness.
- One application of the iodine solution does not solve the problem. Burning should occur in the course of treatment.
After 2-3 days on the surface of lesions appears thick crust. After her rejection, the processes of regeneration and recovery of tissue. The crust tearing yourself it is impossible, because its place can be scars, which will spoil the appearance in the future.
To struggle with acne dermatologists recommend using a solution made independently from water, iodine and salt. To do this in half a Cup of boiling water add a tablespoon of salt and 4 drops iodine alcohol solution. A cotton pad soaked in the obtained substance, wipe the problem areas twice a day.
The same recipe, but adding 2 crushed tablets of acetylsalicylic acid, effective and subcutaneous pimples. In addition, analginum iodine will discolor color that will allow you to use the tool even before you leave home.
To draw out the purulent contents of the pustules on the surface will help the combination of iodine with the aloe leaf. The sheet is applied to the acne area at night, and after will depart purulent rod, should be cauterized with iodine. Reduces the manifestations of inflammation, redness relieved.
Why iodine might not be effective?
Not always a problem of acne and acne lies in the local pathological processes. If pimples were the result of disruption of the gastrointestinal tract or hormonal changes, iodine solution will have the expected action, but the rashes will appear again.
It will happen as long as the specialists can determine the root cause and assign the appropriate treatment. Iodine can be used as an element of complex therapy, along with systemic drugs and other local funds.
Medicinal properties of iodine solution
Iodine is widely used in local therapy. Drugs have a substance in their composition, have a pronounced antimicrobial and antifungal effect. The destruction of pathological microorganisms occurs due to coagulation of proteins in foreign cells with a drug solution.
Iodine participates in the normal functioning of the thyroid gland, strengthens dissimilation processes, and also stimulates fat and protein metabolism.
Composition and pharmaceutical form of a substance
Iodine is obtained in the form of crystalline elements from water oil drilling and the ashes of marine algae. The crystals are practically insoluble in water, so most of the drugs combine the iodine with ethyl alcohol or potassium and sodium iodides.
In pharmacies iodine can be purchased at the following drugs:
- Solutions of alcohol as a 5% and 10% concentrations of active substance. Used for external use in diseases of the skin and mucous membranes, inside – in diseases of the blood vessels and the respiratory system. Have a kind of brown substance with a specific smell.
- Aqueous solutions of iodide – Lugol’s solution, Yodopiron, Betadine, Yodonat, Povidone-iodine, Yoks. Group of drugs used for the treatment of infected wounds in dentistry, surgery, combustiology, traumatology. Effective against bacterial and viral infections, superinfection. Used in their pure and diluted, depending on the application.
Tablet means – Antistrumin, Mikroyod, Campion, Iodoral, IOD-Aktiv. Taken orally for the treatment of thyroid diseases, chronic poisoning by heavy metals, diseases of the respiratory system.
- Contrast media based on iodine – Urografin, Verografin, Triombrast. The drug is administered intravenously and excreted by the kidneys. They are visible on x-rays, which allows to assess the patency and condition of internal organs.
- The iodoform is produced in the form of powder, of powders, ointments. Used in traumatology, surgery and dentistry (root canal treatment).
Most of the funds on the basis of iodine require verification of individual sensitivity to prevent allergic reactions. Not depends on the form of used tools.
The intake of iodine inside the is indicated for the following pathologies:
Iodine enters the body with food, biological additives or medicines. The required daily allowance of 150 micrograms. In the diet he gets with seaweed, sea fish (flounder, halibut, sea bass, tuna), vegetables, beef and cereals.
It is not recommended to use iodine solutions at elevated hypersensitivity of the organism to the active ingredient, hyperthyroidism, skin disorders in diabetes mellitus and dermatitis of different etiology.
Inside is not assigned in such cases:
There are a few useful recommendations for the use of the drug in the fight against acne and pathological lesions:
- To use it, because it leaves traces on the skin.
- Not to impose on top of the place of burning bandages or band-AIDS. This contributes to greater multiplication of bacterial flora.
- Therapy acne iodine is only used topically.
- Combine with other medications used in the treatment of acne.
- You can combine the iodine with tincture of calendula and ethyl alcohol. Mixture wipe the problem areas twice a day. After complete disappearance of the rash, the leather is treated calendula infusion for relapse prevention.
Everyone is trying to find a drug that will be effective in a particular situation, however, it should be remembered that even the most effective tool should not be used lightly. Advice of dermatologist can help choose a treatment regimen, and adherence to instructions will return the skin healthy and attractive.
Lack of iodine in the body — danger symptoms. How to compensate for the deficiency of iodine