Pimple in ear: how can it be dangerous?
Pimples appear in the most unexpected places at the most unexpected time. That just does not make the people to remove those pesky «upstart.» I would like to get rid of them once and for all, but unfortunately, it’s impossible. You may receive even a pimple in the ear that is dangerous for the human body.
The content of the article
The appearance of pathological lesions and ulcers in the ear is considered a serious problem because the localization does not reveal them immediately after the appearance. Especially when a pimple does not cause discomfort or pain.
Etiology of acne in the ear
Pimple may appear in the area of the ear, behind the ear or in the ear canal. The main causes of its occurrence:
The hormonal changes the body cause acne in puberty or pregnancy. Under the influence of high hormone levels, the sebaceous glands are more active and generate a secret in greater numbers than usual. This causes the blockage of the duct of the gland and the appearance of inflammatory reactions.
Hypothermia and wind can cause ulcers. Steamed leather lends itself to cooling, which causes the development of the local inflammation. Similarly acne may suffer those who love to ride a moped or motorcycle.
Fatty foods, meats, marinades, a large number of spices affect the condition of the gastrointestinal tract, and that, in turn, on the skin. Violation of the gastrointestinal tract may cause the appearance of pathological lesions on the skin, acne, including in the ear.
Frequent use of headphones, microphones causes the development of inflammatory processes in the ear. This is due to the large number of pathological microorganisms, inhabited the headset. Especially if these headphones with multiple users at priority.
The low level of local and General immunity reduces the body’s defenses, thereby allowing bacterial flora to cause pathological processes.
The clinical picture may vary depending on the factor, which inching mechanism. If the reason was an allergic reaction to a food or shampoo, rash with watery blisters. Most likely to occur behind the ear and is accompanied by itching and discomfort.
When sebum from the pores out to the surface and accumulate dirt, then there are eels. In the case of infection can be a pimple or boil.
First, you can define a small seal under the skin. If the pimple is in a place of possible visualizations, visible redness at the place of his education. If the abscess is located in the ear canal, its appearance is indicated by pain that increase when you increase the size of the pimple.
Sometimes the pain syndrome is characterized by the accession of pulsating pain, which gives to the head, jaw, neck, teeth. This symptoms says about the origin of furuncle, which is a more serious problem.
As a violation of the rules of hygiene associated with acne?
Violation of hygiene is one of the main factors of occurrence of ulcers in the ears. This does not mean that people do not take care of themselves, they just do it wrong. The basic rules that must be followed when ear hygiene:
- To restrict access of the fingers in the ear because the hands are not sterile and are a source of infection.
- If the ear is itchy, use a cotton swab.
- Cannot be used for cleaning pins, pins, matches, toothpicks and other devices, because you can not only get injured but also to contaminate it.
- Wipe clean or treat with disinfectant headset and the phone to reduce the possibility of bacterial infection.
Can I squeeze a pimple on your own?
The appearance of the first symptoms of this condition causes discomfort. And people begin any ways to find an opportunity to get rid of it.
Squeeze the pimple by yourself is not recommended. First, its location does not allow the person to do it yourself, and, secondly, a dense network of lymphatic and blood vessels can spread the infection to other parts of the body, including the brain.
Important! Pus formation is only to be removed a specialist in the hospital under aseptic conditions.
You can try to squeeze out the contents of the pimple only in case of full confidence that he was ready. Even in this case it will be necessary to apply a force that may cause pain. It can make a stranger, because the localization of acne in the ear limits the ability to see them. Before procedure wash hands with soap and water, possibly treated with antiseptic. After removing the contents of a pimple, place to handle medications containing alcohol.
Acne treatment in ears
The appearance of pain indicates the need for therapy. It is necessary not only to choose the method of treatment, but also to find out the cause of pimple. Elimination of the etiological factor gives a positive result half.
If the pain is mild, then simply wipe the skin with an alcohol preparation and try not to touch the pimple in order to avoid infection. In other cases, it is advisable to contact the audiologist or surgeon for advice. Use the following treatment methods:
Be aware! When deterioration of the General condition or local manifestations you need to go to the doctor.
In the formation of boils, you may need surgery for dissection of education and its drainage. This will prevent the spreading of infection and accelerate the healing process.
Folk remedies for the treatment
There are cases when to seek help is not possible. Then you can use folk remedies to treat acne in the ear.
Recipe No. 1. In a Cup of boiling water poured a teaspoon of salt and a few drops of 5% iodine. In the received solution moisten a cotton swab and apply to the place of occurrence of the pimple several times a day.
Recipe №2. From the aloe leaf, you can make a paste and apply on a cotton disk to the place of localization of the abscess. You can use the whole leaf of the plant. A cotton pad is fixed with plaster.
Recipe No. 3. Prepare a decoction of chamomile. Add the fresh juice of plantain and Kalanchoe. Using the obtained solution to make a lotion.
Recipe No. 4. Take a clove of garlic, cut vertically and lay in the ear canal. Changed to new in 3-4 hours. This can only be done in the absence of skin lesions.
What to buy at the pharmacy to combat pimples in my ears?
- Ethyl alcohol – disinfects the skin, dries, and has antibacterial properties.
- Chloramphenicol – ear drops. Antibacterial agent possessing anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous effect. The approximate cost ranges from 22 to 35 rubles.
- Salicylic alcohol – cost from 10 to 27 rubles per bottle. Possesses not only antimicrobial effects, but also eliminates a fungal infection.
- Vishnevsky ointment has efficacy against pathological microorganisms, improves microcirculation, is well absorbed. The cost of the drug is 30 to 50 rubles.
- Ichthyol ointment, the drug will speed up the ripening process. Its approximate cost is in the range of 160 rubles.
All the necessary preparations are in affordable price range and have a high efficiency, as evidenced by the cosmetologists and ENT specialists.
The consequences of acne
The lack of adequate treatment may cause spread of infection via the auditory canal and reach the inner ear or even brain. Independent attempts to squeeze out the contents of the boil lead to the formation of edema, pain and infection of the adjacent tissues.
Self-treatment can leave scars and spots after the disappearance of the pimple. To avoid this, you need to consult with your doctor before beginning treatment.
To prevent the «ear» of acne you should follow the rules:
- To observe personal hygiene – hair wash 2-3 times a week and ears – every day.
- Adhere to proper cleaning of the ears, to prevent mechanical damage of the ear or of the auditory turn.
- In the amplification of sebum, the skin should be cleaned with special lotions or other cosmetic products that reduce such incidents.
- Eat right and support the immune status at high level.
- Winter wear a hat, avoid drafts and hypothermia.
- When using ear headset, to use antiseptic for processing. Not allow to use my own headset to someone else.
- The frequent appearance of the «ear» of pimples, pay attention to the condition of the body and its organs, especially the digestive and endocrine system.
Compliance with the rules can reduce the frequency of pathological elements in the skin, and timely treatment to doctors or therapists for help – to avoid possible complications.
A video about proper cleaning of the ear canals