Salicylic acid wart: cheap and effective method of treatment
Hello, dear readers. It is no secret that warts many people are disgusted, because their occurrence is associated with uncleanliness of their carrier and poor personal hygiene.
Warts or warts are benign skin lesions caused by the human papillomavirus. They come in different types: common, genital, flat and old.
Of course, in our time, specialists of any medical clinic can remove warts, but this method is very costly.
There are many folk remedies, with which nasty education disappear in a very short period of time.
One such tool is salicylic acid. If she can help with this ailment or all of its positive qualities only fiction?
Some believe that the drug is not very effective in combating tumors, but there is a lot of positive feedback about the successful treatment and, most importantly, the absence of relapses.
The benefits of this tool over other drugs
- Accessibility. Dispensed drugs with salicylic acid without a prescription and they are not expensive.
- No unpleasant sensation of pain when using.
- With regular and proper application of the cure of warts occurs in almost 100% of cases.
Of course, now many manufacturers and they all offer different prices, but the action of all medicines is almost identical.
The pharmacy offers these funds on the basis of salicylic acid as:
- Patches, impregnated with a medicinal solution;
- Salicylic ointment warts.
The concentration of salicylic acid in the drug is usually from 10 to 60 percent. The higher the percentage, the more effective the tool.
The warts disappear due to the action of acids on the immune system of the body, so that he alone begins to fight the virus.
In some cases, you cannot use salicylic acid?
- If you do not have confidence in the fact that the tumor that is a wart and not another skin condition.
- Prohibited use of drugs on the mucous membranes. Treatment is done only externally.
- If you have poor circulation, and peripheral artery disease.
- Contraindications include children up to age 2 years.
So, now let’s talk about how to apply salicylic acid warts.
And I recommend that you watch our video, specially prepared for this article:
Removal of warts with ointments
First of all, you should read the instructions.
In most cases the drug is applied to the affected area of the body then is covered with a sterile napkin and secured with a bandage.
The procedure should be done several times a week for a month or until complete elimination of the tumor.
Advantages of ointments based on salicylic acid
- No traces of the warts. The trail completely disappears after 2-3 weeks, so apply the product even on the face.
- Excellent for treatment of plantar structures. For this, the first is steamed foot bath, and then applied the drug.
- Fairly quick recovery.
Disadvantages and contraindications of using the ointment
- This medication can cause pain at the treatment site, fever, skin redness and itching;
- Children apply the ointment can be no more than 1 week;
- Do not use the drug to babies under 1 year because of the high risk of toxic defeat.
Treatment of warts with a solution of salicylic acid
This medium is effective in the fight against all types of warts. It is advisable to buy 5-10% solution. Before applying you should steam the localization of education.
It is necessary for a deeper penetration of the solution under the skin. It is best to make all operations before bedtime.
In this case also used a gauze bandage or bandage. It is necessary to remember, that the solution must be washed from the skin.
Cons of the solution
- When using it is impossible to touch the skin around the affected area.
- After the solution has been washed off, the wart should be rubbed with a pumice stone. This is necessary in order to completely destroy the keratinized tissue that contains the virus-the causative agent. If this is not done, the sense of such treatment will not. Moreover, a wart may appear in a different place.
- The skin may show some redness and irritation. In this case the treatment should stop for a few days.
Compared with the previous method, to treat with the patch more convenient. It has salicylic acid and sulphur. Due to these components is achieved keratolytic and antiseptic effect.
The first step is to steam the skin, Pat dry the location of the warts and then apply the patch.
Remember, do not leave salicylic acid on the skin for more than 2 days. After this time the plaster should be removed and the wart steams.
Softened layer must be rubbed with a pumice stone. The procedure is repeated several times until the complete disappearance of education.
It is forbidden to use plaster to children because of the possibility of intoxication.
Possible side effects
As mentioned above, salicylic acid and tools based on it can cause skin irritation. To avoid this, before applying a healthy slather the skin with vaseline or fat cream.
If you use you feel discomfort, use drugs less frequently and more carefully. One of the most unpleasant moments of application – formation of scars.
What you should know when treating
- Try to keep the medication gets on the skin around the wart.
- Dead cells remain contagious. Their removal should be done very carefully to avoid re-infection. A pumice stone after cleansing, it is better to steam or disinfect.
- If you notice that the skin at the site of application of salicylic acid was more sensitive, it is necessary to defer the application for a few days jmedical.info.
- If in 2-3 months there is no improvement or a relapse, you should see a specialist or to try another type of treatment.
So, I hope you understand that not only in the medical clinics possible the complete removal of warts. Fortunately, there is a cheaper and highly effective way.
For many years people struggle with tumors with salicylic acid, and we welcome your feedback and comments about how you have gone treatment, and most importantly — did we manage to get rid of unpleasant warts. Good luck and stay healthy!
Author: Anna Derbeneva (dermatologist)