Seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp: methods and means of treatment
Good afternoon, dear friends! Do you often notice the dandruff? Maybe this disease affects your family?
Have you thought ever, what is the source of dandruff?
Today we’ll talk about seborrheic dermatitis, the causes of its occurrence and how to get rid of skin problems under the scalp.
Seborrheic dermatitis is one of the varieties of inflammation of the veil under the hair. When sebum secreted by pores with a surplus, aktiviziruyutsya the action of the fungus. A special flora, which is called opportunistic.
Most often seborrheic dermatitis occurs in areas that are predisposed to the development of high-fat, namely:
- décolleté and Breasts;
- the skin of the face;
- of the ear;
The causes of the disease
Seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp often manifests itself in men because of the influence on skin condition of male hormones. Also responsible for the development of the following problems:
- hormonal disorders;
- a lot of stress;
- problems with the endocrine system.
In our practice there are cases when seborrhea is hereditary. So, if all possible causes have been ruled out – the root of the problem lies in the parents. This type of disease is called genetic.
It is important to note that dermatitis can indicate deeper problems and serious disease hidden inside the body.
Favorable for the development of seborrhea can be excessive sweating and the negative effects of chemical detergents or washing powder.
If negligent attitude to this problem is not to engage in treatment and to comply with important rules to get rid of it — the usual seborrhea threatens to escalate into a more complex form, release from which may take much more time.
And under threat may be your thick hair as dermatitis entails the weakening of hair follicles.
There are three types of seborrhea: dry, oily and mixed. Now we will examine the symptoms and distinguish one from another.
Now let’s talk about how to treat seborrheic dermatitis of the hairy scalp and how to avoid relapse.
First, you need to visit a dermatologist in order to set an accurate diagnosis according to the conducted tests of blood and skin.
Next, you may be assigned additional consultation of the endocrinologist, neurologist and other doctors. The doctor will prescribe you a treatment plan and prescribe the control approximately in the middle of the course to ensure positive dynamics and recovery.
We will offer you an integrated approach that consists of proper nutrition, hygiene and basic treatment of traditional methods.
- — St. John’s wort, burdock and elecampane tablespoon to pour a half of Cup of boiling water and leave overnight. RUB into the scalp after shampooing, do not rinse.
- Also at night you can brew calendula, plantain and chamomile. A decoction to apply, gently massaging your head, rinse it is not necessary.
- — A handful of sage is boiled for five minutes in a glass of water. In the warm solution, add a spoonful of honey. Warm solution to make a lotion for inflamed areas of the scalp several times a day.
- — Nettle leaves are mixed with chopped garlic and two tablespoons of Flaxseed oil. The mask is applied to problem areas under the hood for twenty minutes.
- — The infusion of oak bark in a thermos. You need to take a dry crust and in the ratio of one to five, pour boiling water. Leave overnight, then add the maturation of honey. The resulting tool is rubbed into the hair roots, and half an hour later the hair is washed with warm water.
Pharmacy external funds
Of pharmaceutical drugs as therapy seborrheic dermatitis most commonly prescribed:
- salicylic acid – it has excellent disinfecting effect and reduces inflammation in damaged areas; to moisten a cotton pad and gently wipe the problem areas of the head.
- zinc ointment is a good antiseptic, which is aimed at healing and stops inflammation.
- lotions and magmas from the prescription Department is dispensed by prescription prescribed by a doctor and have the action that corresponds to a certain type of dermatitis.
When a particularly difficult, severe cases, the patient is assigned to treatment tablets:
- Undoclosetab, or Doxicillin – broad-spectrum antibiotic aimed at treating different problems of the skin;
- Citrine, loratadine or Telfast – antihistamines relieve itching and reduce inflammation;
- Multivitamin aimed at the acceleration of metabolic processes, nutrition of the skin and strengthening the immune system.
After the final recovery, when the scalp has been clean for a long time, to improve metabolism and strengthen the hair such prescribe physical therapy as the d’arsonval.
Treatments can be performed every day for ten minutes, in a few weeks. Camera perfectly restores the hair follicles, damaged during the disease the hair regain Shine and strength.
In addition to these procedures in the treatment of seborrhea, it is important to pay special attention to the immune system.
At lowered body resistance to any disease is treatable quite difficult, and the likelihood of relapse increases several times.
To strengthen the immune system need to comply with some simple rules:
- to adjust the diet, adding in menu, seafood, vegetables, onions and garlic;
- to take a cold shower, gradually increasing the amplitude of temperature;
- to execute simple physical exercises for several minutes each day;
- walk in the fresh air at least one hour in the evening;
- sleep at least eight hours;
- to exclude the admission of alcohol and Smoking;
- to avoid stress.
With a good strong immune system to get rid of seborrhea is not difficult, and the treatment takes a shorter period.
It is important to note that the immune system affects all processes in the body, and a healthy approach to proper nutrition and regular lifestyle, the skin becomes more resistant to fungi and other negative manifestations.
Strengthening the immune system,you’ll quickly forget about not only dandruff, but also about the banal cold.
That may be aggravating the problem?
Most importantly, what not to do when seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp is to use shampoos labeled «dandruff», which are sold in the supermarket.
Not one experiment has proved, that if such funds and create the appearance of improvement by the end of used bottle there is a strong degradation of the epidermis and hair in General.
Also don’t need to touch, scratching, trying to tear off from the skin secretion. Mechanical damage at the sites of inflammation promise to increase lesion size and exacerbate the problem.
Thus, we understood that the cause of seborrheic dermatitis is the appearance of fungus that affects the scalp.
Seborrhea can be dry and oily, and the color of the exfoliating particles and hairline.
To treat seborrhea better under the supervision of a physician. He will prescribe the necessary treatment, which includes preparations for oral administration, shampoo and outer masks or ointments.
A good helping of traditional methods in the form of goods or lotions, which depending on the composition can be washed off or left on the hair.
After recovery to restore metabolic processes at the level of the hair root is used darsonvalization, who for twenty sessions to completely restore hair density.
Special attention should be paid to healthy lifestyle and strengthening immunity. The body is a single unit and if the simple rules dermatitis will leave you forever.
So in conclusion, I recommend to view the video women, where she shows the treatment of similar diseases salicylic oil:
That’s all. We wish you beauty and health! While!