Diagnostic curettage of the uterine endometrial hyperplasia
Quite often many women be referred for diagnostic curettage after a routine General gynecological examination. Not every doctor explains what are the indications for curettage, and what that entails in this procedure. As a rule, separate diagnostic curettage of the uterine cavity prescribed for endometrial hyperplasia, for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes.
Why perform curettage with endometrial hyperplasia?
When, after a pelvic exam, the woman learns of endometrial hyperplasia, it should be understood that some types of pathology can be a signal about the presence of cancer cells.
Therefore, it is clear that if the delay and not apply the proper medication – it will sooner or later lead to cancer. In such situations, separate diagnostic curettage, assigned to the hyperplasia of the endometrium, its purpose is to obtain highly informative material which is poisoned at a comprehensive study. Such diagnosis will help to determine the nature of the retrieved tissue sample and see if there is cancer cells.
Many women are concerned about, do I need to do curettage in endometrial hyperplasia? The main thing that disturbs, is it possible to get pregnant and how is the recovery.
Actually, the absolute indication is when the thickness of the interlayer is already 15 mm, and even more.
Will look at the reasons that can act as a catalyst:
- many characteristic symptoms of endometrial hyperplasia are similar to other serious gynecologic pathologies, therefore, separate diagnostic curettage is required for diagnosis and examination of tissue;
- a large percentage of to identify cancer early, and it is important for the successful treatment;
- if uterine bleeding is an effective way to keep him in such a situation the question to do or not to do is not even discussed.
Bleeding dangerous to a woman’s life. And receiving hemostatic drugs have short-term effect will lead to anemia, fainting and worsening overall health.
Scraping of the uterine hyperplasia done in all cases that relate to pathology. Separate scraping – two in one, it is performed to diagnose and at the same time acts as a method of treatment. When cleaning removed the enlarged portions of the mucosa, which cause pain and spotting.
Method of manipulation
In fact, sometimes cleaning incorrect compared to abortion. Do not be confused, curettage is performed to diagnose the nature of the tumor and cancer cells, as well as for medicinal purposes, abortion is the destruction of the origin of life.
Scraping may be performed by three methods:
- with the use of the curette, this method is called blind;
- hysteroscopy, under the control of a hysteroscope;
- separate scraping, using one of the above methods.
As a rule, quite popular hysteroscopy. She used a hysteroscope with a video camera at the tip. The tool is found in the uterine cavity is filled with a special liquid, alternative – gas.
The advantages of introducing a fluid during hysteroscopy:
- excellent, full visibility of the mucous walls of the uterus;
- leakage of gas into the blood vessels is unlikely;
- the procedure can be used in uterine bleeding.
Also this method allows you to more accurately make the fence highly informative material. At the same time the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia, this is especially important when the pathology on the entire area of the mucosa.
Such operation is considered to be gentle. As the hysteroscope helps to control the whole process and do not damage the epithelium. As a rule, the patient is left for another 3 days in the hospital, sometimes hyperplasia can be complicated.
Only in the case if the treatment were planned, and there is no threat of uterine bleeding, the woman can return home a few hours later.
Indications for curettage and consequences
When endometrial hyperplasia cleaning is performed for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. Assigned to cleaning, if there are indications and based on the results of the ultrasound examination. Important point – the ultrasound is necessary to carry out immediately after the menses. This is necessary to ensure that the problem really exists.
- systematic failures in the menstrual cycle;
- long and heavy periods;
- the diagnosis of infertility;
- spotting between periods;
- allocation of blood from the vagina after the menopause;
- pathology of the cervix;
- missed abortion;
- if necessary, removal of particles of the fetus or placenta;
- the suspected cancer;
- failed medical abortion.
In practice, the transferred operation is easy, if the surgeon is experienced and careful. Also important is a good anesthesiologist.
Consequences, experienced by a woman:
- Tear, tear of the cervix. In some cases, weak neck, her tissues flabby and worn, so can be tears, in this situation, the tissue will heal on their own, when you break the sutures.
- Perforation. The uterus through can be pierced by the probe or extender also, if the fabric is loose and weak. Small perforation is delayed itself, and large sutured.
- Hematometra. After manipulating the uterus bleeding is the norm. But if the neck is immediately closed, the accumulated blood and clots, which cause severe pain and leads to inflammation.
- The inflammatory process. May develop on the background is not a correct application of antiseptic agents, if the operation was carried out in the presence of inflammatory focus or not prescribed antibacterial drugs.
- Excessive scraping. Usually this happens when cleaning is carried out blindly, i.e. not by hysteroscopy. Gets excessive amount of mucous and basal damaged. In this situation, the shell is not recoverable and threatens with infertility.
If scraping of the uterine hyperplasia is an experienced doctor, adhering to all the rules, complications should arise.