Diet for cervical erosion: features and tips
Cervical erosion is not familiar to many ladies. It is a common gynecologic disease that can be diagnosed as young girls and women of middle and old age. Pathology is among the most common a diagnosis of «cervical erosion» is placed approximately every second woman.
Cervical erosion is a pathological condition characterized by violation of the integrity of the epithelial layer covering the mucosal surface of the body. When the gynecological disease is replacement of the normal epithelial layer of the cervix cylindrical cells of the cervical canal. Externally the affected areas look like reddened mucosa erosion, which can be seen with the naked eye in the process of pelvic examination. Erosion necessarily need to be treated, as it can have severe consequences such as infertility or malignancy.
The reasons for the development of cervical erosion can be quite diverse – traumatic injury of the reproductive organs during childbirth, abortion, surgical interventions or gross sex acts. Gynecological pathology can develop on the background of inflammatory or infectious processes in the pelvic organs, hormonal imbalance in the female body, sexually promiscuous or, conversely, its complete absence.
Modern medicine offers several options for the treatment of cervical erosion, drug therapy, use of hormonal drugs and surgery. Mandatory component of treatment of cervical erosion is following a special diet.
Proper nutrition with cervical erosion is a very important place in the treatment of gynecological diseases. Following a special diet contributes significantly to the effectiveness of therapeutic schemes to combat the insidious disease. That is why the diet should be taken seriously. It is scientifically proven that lack of folic acid, vitamins A, C, E, selenium contributes to a drastic reduction of protective forces of the female body, which greatly increases the risk of falling into the female body of infections and viruses. Consequently, the basic principles of good nutrition with uterine fibroids are based on frequent consumption of food which contain all the above elements. Also a positive effect on the healing process of cervical erosion is having a sufficient amount of beta-carotene and retinol, which help to restore health and promote normal functioning of the female reproductive system.
What food contains the most useful for women with cervical erosion matter?
- Folic acid – every woman should remember that the daily rate of consumption of folic acid is not less than 5 mg. it is recommended to include in your diet foods such as beef liver and cod liver, asparagus, cabbage, spinach, dill, parsley and other greens, lettuce, any nuts, cheese, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, beans, chicken or quail eggs. You must eat various vegetables and fruit with a high content of folic acid Brussels sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli, avocado, citrus, raisins, raspberries, celery and parsnip, garlic.
- Vitamin a must be present in the diet in sufficient quantity. For this you need to regularly eat fruits and vegetables yellow or orange, bell pepper, broth hips, peaches, butter or sea buckthorn oil, various dairy products – sour cream, cheese, cream, milk, and liver.
- Vitamin C is the greatest number important item is contained in bell peppers, rosehips, kiwi, black currants, parsley, dill and other greens. Also to make up for a lack of vitamin C in cervical erosion, be sure to use different kinds of cabbage – cabbage, red, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli, tangerines, lemons and other citrus, sorrel, spinach, strawberries.
- Vitamin E is responsible for the process of regeneration and recovery of tissues, normalization of the menstrual cycle and reproductive function, and therefore must be present in the diet with erosion of the cervix. The maximum amount of vitamin E contained in different vegetable oils – soybean, corn, olive and sunflower, nuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Also the vitamin a present in butter, beef meat and liver, whole milk, cream, kiwi, legumes, and broccoli.
- Selenium – a natural sources include tuna, mackerel, mussels, sardines, herring, flounder, chicken or duck liver, bran, coconut, garlic, corn, rice, beans, lentils, mushrooms, cheese. Be sure to include in your diet products – this will allow to avoid deficiency of selenium in the body.
What foods should pay special attention to?
Women with cervical erosion, the need to monitor so that the diet are always present:
- sea fatty fish. In fatty fish contain particular substances which help to normalize the menstrual cycle and the functioning of female reproductive organs;
- olive oil vegetable oil contains large amounts of vitamin E and antioxidants which have a beneficial effect on the process of developing of mucosal epithelium of the uterus. Olive oil can be used as a dressing for salads, for cooking different dishes and simply take a teaspoon of olive oil in the morning before Breakfast;
- a decoction of rose hips – known as a natural record the content of vitamin C and other nutrients. A decoction of rose hips helps to normalize the condition of the sexual sphere, and also prevents the development of cancer tumors with erosion of the cervix. The rosehip tea can be drunk as a tea throughout the day in unlimited quantities;
- avocado – this exotic fruit is considered to be one of the best providers of folic acid, which is known to be the basis for the full functioning of the female reproductive organs. Avocados can be eaten fresh, bake or make tasty fruit salads;
- dairy products – yogurt, kefir, sour cream, yogurt, cream, cottage cheese — definitely need to include in your diet. Milk products is rich in calcium and various groups of vitamins, and therefore simply irreplaceable in the treatment of cervical erosion.
In the absence of sufficient, competent treatment of cervical erosion has certain tendency to degeneration into malignancy. There are a few foods that can significantly speed up this process, causing rapid growth and multiplication of cancer cells. Such products should be entirely avoided from your daily diet or try to eat them only in the most extreme cases. These include:
- street food and the so-called fast food;
- semi-finished products and products of fast preparation;
- fatty mayonnaise;
- canned long term storage;
- foods or drinks with a high content of preservatives, dyes, flavorings and fragrances.
Also, be aware that Smoking and regular alcohol consumption has a very negative impact on the state of women’s reproductive health. And therefore, during treatment of cervical erosion is recommended to abandon any bad habits.