Dioxidine in the sinus: how to apply, dosage adults
How to apply Dioxidine in the sinus?
Many people know the disease is sinusitis. Someone was lucky, the disease passed him by and about the symptoms her man finds out from friends or from popular scientific literature. And someone familiar with this scourge firsthand. Headache, runny nose, purulent discharge from the nose, high fever — and this is only the main symptoms of the disease.
Not everyone knows that in the sinus and sinusitis, helps a drug called Dioxidine. What is this drug when it may be contraindicated, and how to use it for the treatment of sinusitis, we will consider in this article.
What is the Dioxidine?
Dioxidine is not an antibiotic, it’s more of an antibacterial drug that successfully combats pathogenic anaerobes, Salmonella, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, staphylococci, as well as with strains of bacteria resistant to various antibiotics. As you can see, the range of action of the drug is quite wide.
In the heart of the action Dioksidina lies the ability to inhibit the growth of cells of pathogenic bacteria that do not allow them to form, destroying their membranes, thus disrupting the cell structure. To date, scientists are unable to explain how the drug successfully wins pathogens, developing without participation of oxygen.
Dioxidine has the following products:
- transparent 1% and 0.5% solution in bottles of dark color;
- ampoules 10 mg/ml;
- ointment 5% in tube.
Indications for use
Currently, the drug is used for treatment of purulent otitis media, sinusitis, open fractures with suppuration of soft tissues, trophic ulcers, that is, in all suppurative processes.
Doctors use Dioxidine in the following cases:
- directly injected into the affected area of the treatment of peritonitis, cystitis, mastitis, abcess soft tissue, pneumonia and other infectious diseases of the abdominal cavity, urinary and biliary system, of the chest;
- administered intravenously for the prevention of sepsis, meningitis and rapidly spreading purulent infection;
- apply ointment topically for sores, burns, treatment of purulent wounds.
Dioxidine is often used in hospitals for washing of the sinuses in the sinus before surgery and after it.
Contraindications and side effects
Contraindications to the use Dioksidina are:
- Children up to age 12 years. Despite all the advantages of the drug, it is composed of poison, so to treat the child like a tool should, with great caution.
- Individual intolerance of the drug.
- Pregnancy and lactation. In this case, the doctor must decide whether this tool is so necessary for the future treatment or nursing mothers.
- Diseases of the adrenal glands.
Among the side effects in the treatment process the patient may experience:
- the malaise in the form of chills, headache, insomnia;
- temperature rise;
- cramps of calf muscles;
- pain in the abdomen;
- redness of the skin.
Dioxidine in the sinus: how to use
Dioksidin it is necessary to apply only on the advice of the attending physician. Only he can prescribe the appropriate dose, frequency and duration of use.
First you need to determine the patient’s tolerance to the drug and do not have his allergic reaction. For this the maxillary sinus is necessary to enter 10 ml of 1% drug. Continue to observe the patient for six hours. Chills, dizziness, intestinal discomfort, itching will signal that the tool is no good for you.
The drug can be instilled into the nose in pure form and in complex drops. When sinusitis following are the valid dosage: adult buried Dioxidine in the nose 1-2 drops in each nostril. This can be done 3 to 5 times a day. Duration of treatment — 1-2 weeks.
Important! Open the vial of drug can be stored in the refrigerator no more than days.
Be difficult drop, use the following:
- Naphazoline, Dioxidine, Hydrocortisone;
- Naphazoline, Dioxidine, Dexamethasone;
- Naphazoline, Dioxidine, Sulfacyl sodium, Dexamethasone.
In this case, in each nostril 1-2 drops instilled, but the length of treatment — from 5 days to 1 week.
If the other antibacterial drugs do not give the desired result, you can use the ointment.
How to apply the ointment is used to recover in the sinus:
- thoroughly clean the nasal passages;
- make a cotton swab or gauze turundas;
- it can help to lay the ointment into the nasal passages;
- a bit of massaging the nose to the ointment is evenly distributed inside.
Use the product within 1-3 weeks. Longer to do so, as it can decrease sensitivity to the drug and be addictive.
Extremely rare, only in severe cases the flow of sinusitis or sinusitis, Dioxidine is used as inhalations. Despite the fact that the instructions for use on the inhalation and nothing is written, doctors sometimes prescribe them for disinfection of the nasal cavity. For these purposes, an individual nebulizer or vaporizer. The procedure can be carried out not more than two times a day.
Features of inhalation:
- Before the procedure, the nose must be well rinsed with a solution furatsilina.
- To do inhalation solution follows from the calculation: if Dioxidine 0.5% of 1 ml for 2 ml of saline solution if 1% — 4 ml.
- The solution temperature should be 20 degrees. It can not overheat or SuperCool.
- For one procedure you need to prepare 3-4 ml of the drug.
- The duration of inhalation of not more than 3 minutes.
- Ready solution can be stored in the refrigerator no more than 12 hours.
Alina, 31 years old, Novosibirsk: «Dioxidine as a means for instillation of nose for me personally fits just perfectly, especially with a very strong cold. Much more effective than sprays, good treats and disinfects.»
Nicholas, 44 years old, Chelyabinsk: «Fifteen years treating sinusitis. Went through all the punctures, physiotherapy. All this does not give a lasting result, sinusitis, returning again and again. After applying Dioksidina got rid of all the symptoms, for this gave the means of vials used vial from under the Galazolin. Very convenient, now everything is just great.»
It would seem that all is not bad, but! Active ingredient in Dioxidine is Гидроксиметилхиноксилиноксилиндиоксид. And this is a very harmful substance, essentially poison. That is why the use of the drug should be treated very carefully, use it strictly on prescription and follow the instructions.