Discharge after laparoscopy: characteristics and types
Laparoscopy is a modern method of diagnosis and treatment of gynecological diseases. The operation is low-traumatic, safe and short term rehabilitation period. This is a great achievement in modern medicine.
What is laparoscopy?
Such surgical intervention is considered minimally invasive, so in gynecological practice it is used to remove entities of benign and malignant character of the appendages, uterus, fallopian tubes, restoration of their permeability, cross-section adhesions; plastic surgery and other manipulations.
Another significant advantage and the advantage of laparoscopy is that it leaves no scars, scars and defects at the site of the operation, and this is an important moment for women, especially the young. Every woman, which shows such an operation must know the symptoms that are safe and those that may cause concern.
What kind of discharge to expect after a laparoscopy?
Discharge after laparoscopy – this is a normal and natural phenomenon, but only if they are moderate, mild, clear, with small patches of blood. Such vaginal discharge may last approximately 3 weeks after surgery, and then their number decreases and they are lost.
They are associated with the healing process of damaged tissues and should not cause any fears and anxiety. All that is required from women is careful observance of all the rules of personal intimate hygiene and abstinence from sexual relations until the discharge stops.
Dangerous secretions that should alert are considered to be bloody strong, especially if they have many blood clots – this can indicate bleeding. Also selection may be yellow-green in color and have an unusual, unpleasant smell is a sign of infection. If the discharge is white, accompanied by burning, itching and irritation – it indicates the cash the pathogenic fungi of the genus Candida (thrush).
Candidiasis often occurs in the postoperative period, because the immune system is weakened, because after surgery prescribe antibacterial medications that reduce the protective functions of the body. Occurs infrequently and a delay of menstruation. In all the above cases you need to consult a doctor and take action.
Discharge after laparoscopic surgery
Consider all types of secretions that can occur after surgery, in order for every woman to be able to identify dangerous or not.
- Slightly transparent with small patches of blood, such a signal is the norm.
- Brown-green and yellow-green can indicate that the body developing an infection. In such a situation need professional help. You can also experience symptoms such as General malaise, weakness, fever, headache, back pain.
- White, possibly, with splashes of blood. If a woman while taking antibiotics, a laparoscopy, it may be thrush, for which this environment will be favorable. In fact, any provoking factor can be a catalyst for this fungal disease.
In order to prevent candidiasis, try to rest more, do not SuperCool and closely monitor their health. If the yeast infection is still occurred, does not itself begin taking any medications, visit your doctor, he will prescribe appropriate therapy. Beli does not always indicate it on candidiasis, can be other sexual infections, sexually transmitted.
Recovery and delayed menstruation
In fact, laparoscopy is a safe and less traumatic method, so 2 weeks is enough recovery to resume physical activity women. Many girls cycle did not change, periods come when they are meant, so the correct surgery, on 7-8 day of the menstrual cycle. Until the next month just the body manages to fully recover and gain strength.
But there are other States that are considered the norm:
- Menstrual cycle shifts. Day a laparoscopy is the first day of the new menstrual cycle, which is why spotting appear after a number of days.
- Blood and mucus discharge can occur immediately after surgery and continue for about 3 weeks. They should not cause worry and anxiety, unless, of course, will not become brown or yellow-green with an unusual smell. In this case you need to go to the doctor and take a smear.
- Also there may be a delay for a long time. This may affect the anesthesia or emotional state, for example, nervousness before surgery, etc.
There may be no discharge due to damage to the integrity of the tissues of the ovary. If there is a delay, the woman feels pain in the lower abdomen, appear clots — need the help of a doctor, a blood test and ultrasound.
First period after a laparoscopy usually very pronounced and abundant. The reason is that the healing of internal organs is slow.
Also do not forget that period after the surgery may not appear for many reasons, which may not be connected with medical manipulations. Menstruation in control of complex, cyclic processes occurring in the body, given the neural and physiological systems (pituitary and hypothalamus). Crashing in the menstrual cycle can provoke any disturbance in the body, so you need to find the cause and eliminate it, and this can be done only by a qualified technician.
It is believed that laparoscopy is a safe procedure, adverse effects which are minimized. In addition to the secretions from a woman, you might have other unpleasant symptoms: loss of appetite, frequent emptying of majevica, damage to internal organs during surgery, stroke and pneumonia.