Drain the slime on the back of the throat: causes and treatment
How to treat runny nose running down the back wall of the nasopharynx?
Due to certain reasons, not always patient triggered protective functions of the body at the right time. Therefore, in certain situations the patient may develop inflammation of the nasopharynx, which is accompanied by acute symptoms. Most often disease of the nasopharynx causes an increase in body temperature and the formation of copious amounts of secretions. If the patient starts treatment in a timely manner, he will get rid of the signs of the disease at a very early stage. If the moment is missed, the patient will notice the formation of secretions from the nasopharynx.
To correct the formation constant mucus at the back of the nasopharynx it is necessary to know the cause of the disease. Only then the patient can begin the necessary treatment and restore lost functions. Treatment of dysfunction of the nasal cavity should be prescribed by the attending physician, otherwise there is a risk of complications and deterioration of health. For this reason, it is forbidden to use any traditional methods.
Why mucus is produced
In most cases, flows on the rear wall due to viral penetration. The causative agent, penetrating into the cavity of the nose, produces a number of acute complications, so the first thing you need to figure out.
Basically, this type of inflammation occurs due to the growth and reproduction of rhinoviruses and coronaviruses. To get rid of them only if the complex treatment with the use of antiviral drugs.
If the inflammation formed due to viruses, one should examine the nasal cavity for the presence of bacteria.
Rear rhinitis is quite often occurs due to propagation of streptococci, staphylococci or other pathogens.
To get rid of them difficult, so the patient is waiting for a long treatment.
Should prepare for the fact that the inflammation will occur for a long time and painful.
Measles, rubella and scarlet fever
If rhinitis which runs down the back wall of the nasopharynx, appeared in children, check for contagious diseases. Often in kindergarten or primary school child suffers from pain, rash, and profuse discharge in the case of scarlet fever.
It is important to know! Allocation in the nose and throat is the first symptom of inflammation of the measles or rubella.
Often rhinitis, flowing on the back wall of the nasopharynx, appears due to the formation of nasal polyps. Treatment in this case, it involves surgical effects, as the drugs can not eliminate the tumor of this form.
If the inflammation is ignored, the patient will have nasal congestion, constant coughing and sneezing and pain in the head, fever and other symptoms. With progression of the inflammation signs will escalate.
In case of inflammation of the pharyngeal tonsil and its pathological growth of the patient has difficulty breathing through the nose and accumulation of purulent discharge. With the growth of adenoids runoff of mucus in the nasopharynx is evident in 90 percent of cases.
With the appearance of benign neoplasms in a patient may decline a hearing, to form mucus mixed with pus and some other symptoms.
If the patient has formed even the common cold, should pay attention to it. In acute rhinitis in some patients marked accumulation of secretions, and with the progression of the disease, the mucus can flow through the rear wall.
Usually this process is accompanied by cough and fever. General deterioration of health in this process naturally, so you need to cure runny nose with vasoconstrictor drops and antiinflammatory drugs.
If rhinitis acquired acute stage, the patient is at risk of the formation of sinusitis.
Inflammation of the paranasal sinuses is always accompanied by the accumulation of mucus and pus formation. With the progression of the sinusitis mucus can drain down the nasopharynx, causing the formation of unpleasant symptoms.
Treatment for sinusitis should take place under the supervision of a physician. For security purposes, you cannot use drugs without consulting a doctor.
To ignore the advice of a specialist is not necessary, as failure to comply with treatment guidelines sinusitis can worsen. At the risk of complications patient is prescribed surgery.
When inflammation of the mucosa of part or dysfunction of the lymphoid tissue of the pharynx the patient is diagnosed with pharyngitis. The formation of mucous secretions, which pass on the posterior wall of the nasopharynx with this natural process.
Most often patients are diagnosed with viral pharyngitis, which arises from the development of adenoviruses, rhinoviruses, parainfluenza virus, and so on. In addition, strep throat can occur due to the effects of acute respiratory diseases. The bacterial form of inflammation is less common but is also the place to be.
To diagnose the type of pharyngitis should have a ENT doctor.
The consequences of the common cold is irreversible, and if the patient is not cured, the inflammation in time, the patient may receive acute or chronic sinusitis. The disease is always accompanied by secretions dripping from the nose and throat, delivering a lot of unpleasant moments.
Treatment of sinusitis begins with determination of localization of disease and of establishing all factors of its formation. After that, the patient is assigned a medical therapy.
Prolonged drainage of mucus in the nasopharynx may be caused by the effects of the environment. Other factors the formation of such a process include:
- bad ecology;
- adverse living conditions;
- professional activity, associated with constant contact with chemicals;
- an allergic reaction to pet dander, bloom, dust and other types;
- overly dry air;
- the lack of moisture in the body;
- hormonal imbalance;
- prolonged use of antibiotics.
In all cases the patient needs the help of doctors and timely treatment. Causes and treatment of mucus dripping through the back wall of the nasopharynx it is important to establish as soon as possible to avoid the formation of chronic form of the disease.
How to treat runny nose running down the back wall of the nasopharynx
To get rid of discharge and runoff in the nasopharynx it is necessary to start medication. At the time of the research, and identify factors in the education of the disease, the doctor may prescribe some treatments:
- It is necessary to wash out the nasopharynx specialized solutions or purified sea water.
- When preparing for sleep you should use nasal sprays, which prevent the formation of mucous secretions.
- The patient should sleep on a high pillow or the corner of a raised bed. Due to this dream the patient will be able to prevent the runoff of phlegm in the throat.
- Every day the patient should moisten the mucous membrane of the nose with a inhalation of essential oils and medicinal herbs.
- To prevent drying in the nasal cavity use different oils.
When using medicines, try to introduce them to the drug fell on the vault of the nasal cavity. This drug is best administered in the supine position or the head is strongly upturned. After the introduction of the drug should maintain this posture for several minutes.
After establishing all the causes and factors of formation of the disease, the specialist may prescribe the following medications:
- Drops and sprays for narrowing of the blood vessels in the nasal cavity — the Nose, Nazivin, Otrivin. Keep in mind that they are addictive, so using vasoconstrictors can be no more than five days.
- Moisturizing drugs based on marine or oceanic water, and other means Dolphin, But Sol and Aqua-Marie Humer and others. They can be used for rehabilitation of the nasal cavity. Their action is directed to the liquefaction of mucus that will benefit with the abundant discharge of pus. Such medications have virtually no contraindications and side effects, so they can be used to treat even small children.
- To provide an antiseptic impact and moisten the mucous membranes of the necessary drops of essential oils. Such drugs, for example, Pinal, improve the patency of the nasal passages and promote expectoration.
- In the course of treatment are appointed by antiviral drugs local impact. In each case, medicines are selected individually, as it is important to know the cause of the inflammation. Usually, doctors prescribe oxolinic ointment.
If the inflammation is localized not only in the nasopharynx, but flows into the throat, you must take the following actions:
- Five times a day, gargle with a solution of salt and baking soda.
- In the solution rehabilitation is useful to add antiseptic. Use them after each meal.
- To provide resistance to bacteria, the doctor prescribes pills Hlorofillipt. They must be taken every day for five pills.
- To provide the necessary analgesic effect of Dipyrone, Ibuprofen, and others. The drug can be chosen independently.
Moreover, the patient necessary vitamins and Immunostimulants. They will enhance the functions of protective systems in the body and improve the mood of the patient.
In addition, the patient should review diet. You should avoid any spicy and very hot meals. During illness it is best to eat fruits, vegetables and light soups, and you should also drink a lot of water.
In the formation of mucus, which runs down the nasopharynx, it is important to begin drug treatment. Snot on the back wall indicate a dangerous development of the disease, which can stop time treatment.