Droplets (spray) into the nose of Rinonorm from the cold: user manual
How to apply drop «Rinonorm»?
Almost any colds accompanied by an annoying runny nose, which exhausts human, completely depriving him of the ability to breathe properly, talk, eat, and generally conduct his usual way of life.
So in this case, it is extremely important not only to treat rhinitis, but also to facilitate the patient’s condition during this period. Here come to the aid of nose drops «Rinonorm», which further will be discussed.
«Rinonorm» — composition and properties
«Rinonorm» — pharmaceutical preparation in the form of a spray for intranasal administration, having a vasoconstrictor effect. Widely used in otolaryngology.
Issued this drug in a single dosage form is a nasal spray, which is a colorless transparent liquid, poured vials of dark glass (10 and 15 ml).
Help. The bottles are equipped with special cap with dispenser for easy use.
In addition, this drug is available in 2 types:
- for kids is the solution concentration of 0.05%;
- for adults and children over 10 years – solution concentration of 0.1%, i.e. the content of active substance is increased in 2 times.
Active ingredient nose spray «Rinonorm» is Xylometazoline hydrochloride, supplemented with auxiliary ingredients:
- Water for injections.
- Dihydrate sodium citrate.
- Citric acid monohydrate.
With this composition, the drug has the following properties:
- normalizes breathing;
- helps to narrow the network of blood vessels;
- reduces the production of mucus;
- eliminates swelling and hyperemia of the nasopharynx.
After the application of the tool begins to act after a couple of minutes, eliminating the uncomfortable symptoms of runny nose and improving the overall condition.
The duration of action of pharmaceutical liquid is stored for 10 hours.
Indications for use
This drug is used for symptomatic treatment of diseases of ENT organs:
- Rhinitis viral, bacterial or allergic nature of origin.
- Sinusitis in the acute or chronic stage.
- Otitis of the middle ear (eliminates the swelling of the auditory tube).
In addition, it is used for the preparation of the nasopharynx to anoscopically examination.
The drug eliminates all symptoms of rhinitis, thereby, facilitating implementation of diagnostic procedures.
Contraindications and side effects
According to the instructions nose drops «Rinonorm» contraindicated apply in the following cases:
- intolerance of main or ancillary components;
- dry rhinitis;
- children up to 2 years;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- the recovery period after surgical resection of the pituitary gland.
With caution used in patients suffering from arrhythmia, tachycardia, diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism.
During pregnancy and lactation use of the drug is not recommended, as there is no reliable information about the effects of the drug on child development and pregnancy.
Important! You should not use «Rinonorm» in combination with other vasoconstrictor drugs and antidepressants.
As for side effects, this medication is in most cases well tolerated by patients of different age groups.
But to completely eliminate the occurrence of such phenomena is impossible, because such cases were recorded in the practice of using farmcrest.
«Rinonorm» can provoke the occurrence of these side effects:
- The reaction of the local nature – the sensation of dryness and burning in the nasopharynx, reactive hyperemia, edema of mucous membranes of the nasal cavity.
- Cardio – vascular system – tachycardia, arrhythmias, increased blood pressure.
- CNS – dizziness, drowsiness, headache, insomnia.
If any of the above circumstances, it was noted with this therapy, you must immediately stop using this spray and consult a doctor.
How to apply «Rinonorm»
Before you apply the spray, you need to clear the nose from mucus and crusts. This is necessary in order to provide the best communication of medicinal substance with the mucosa. So therapy will be more effective.
Important! The course of treatment may not exceed 7 days, as continued use may lead to the development of drug rhinitis with atrophic changes in the mucous membranes of the nose.
Spray «Rinonorm» from the cold you must use in compliance with the dosages:
- children ages 1 to 10 years – children’s spray (0,05%) 1 dose in each nostril not more than 3 times a day;
- children age 10 years and adults – spray (0,1%) for 1 dose in each nostril 3 times a day.
It is worth to note that the time interval between nabryzgivaniya shall be not less than 6 hours.
If the past week was no improvement in condition, you must discontinue use of the tool or replace it with another, after consulting with a doctor.
Vasoconstrictors – this rescue from symptoms, but not from the cold. This is only a symptomatic treatment, aimed at improving the General condition of the patient.
Therefore, to apply such funds must be in combination with other drugs, has a therapeutic effect and eliminate the cause of rhinitis and its consequences.