Drops (spray) nose Afrin nasal and sinusitis: intreccia and reviews
How to take drops of Afrin?
A common problem today are the mucous or purulent discharge from the nose. They bring serious discomfort to the patient, disrupting its usual functioning. Therefore, treatment of acute rhinitis requires immediate action. Often people use drugs are the old generation, not knowing that there are improved drugs that in a matter of days to eliminate the symptoms of inflammation and cope with infectious or viral lesion.
Effective drugs leading position – «Afrin». This medication should be purchased for each patient, suffering from seasonal allergic rhinitis or acute rhinitis. «Afrin» nasal congestion helps the patient to reduce symptoms and restore breathing.
The composition and the effect of the drug
Nasal spray «Afrin» is a vasoconstrictor drug used to treat a variety of ENT inflammation. Local drug is available in the form of a nasal spray is almost white. This drug is different from many other pharmacological effects, appearance and smell.
The composition of the nasal spray contains the active ingredient called Oxymetazoline hydrochloride.
This component is actively struggling with a variety of inflammatory allergic or infectious nature.
In addition, the Oxymetazoline is often prescribed for inflammation of sinusitis, Eustachian, and edema of the mucosa, allergic manifestations in the nasal cavity. Often this component is included with the medication, designed to eliminate the sinusitis.
Auxiliary substances include:
- disodium salt of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid is a substance of organic origin, which is a white powder. It seamlessly dissolves in water or slits, but is not effective when combined with ethyl alcohol. This substance has an antiseptic effect;
- the sodium hydrogen phosphate is a compound having an inorganic origin. Salt of alkaline metal of sodium in conjunction with active substance and other additives that neutralize the virus and quickly removes it from the body;
- dihydrogen sodium — inorganic compound, an acidic salt derived from alkali metal sodium, and phosphoric acid. These components are quickly dissolved in water, form crystals that contain water molecules;
- povidone — insoluble form of low molecular weight crystalline substances, very soluble in water;
- benzalkonium chloride – a drug component that acts as a powerful antiseptic. In addition, a substance having antifungal and Antiprotozoal action. Benzalkonium chloride is prescribed in case of defeat of an organism by viruses of herpes infection and inflammatory processes in the sinuses;
- macrogol is a laxative substance, which forms hydrogen bonds together with water molecules increases the amount of moisture in the stomach or intestine;
- the simplest aromatic alcohol;
- cellulose is a plant polymer that is responsible for the flexibility and elasticity of plant tissues;
- cellulose gum is a natural dye;
- purified water;
- lemon flavoring.
Applying the drug «Afrin» we need to make sure that no allergic reactions. Otherwise the patient can form of itching, burning sensation, heavy flow, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, fever and severe changes in blood pressure.
Varieties Of «Afrin»
The drug is available in the form of drops and spray. Composition each medicine is identical. However, it is believed that the drops are less effective than the spray. Before selecting tools, check with your doctor.
When you can use «Afrin»
This combination of active substances and additional auxiliary components can take the medicine in the following cases:
- An inflammation of the sinuses with purulent discharge.
- Allergic rhinitis.
- Mucus, caused by infectious lesions of the nose.
- Disease in the sinuses, occurred on the background of previous inflammations of ENT organs.
- Disease of the mucosa of the middle part of the ear.
- Disruption of the Eustachian tube.
Treatment of any inflammation should be under constant medical supervision. Any use of medication without consultation may lead to undesirable consequences, including impaired hearing or vision.
The use of any medication in children treatment without a doctor’s permission is prohibited.
When you purchase the «Afrin» nasal read the instructions for use. Special attention will be paid to familiarization with contraindications.
Often people use drugs without knowing that they have expressed individual hypersensitivity to Oxymetazoline or excipients.
Other contraindications include:
- concomitant use of certain medications;
- inflammation of the mucous membrane of the sinuses, which is accompanied by a serious violation of the fabrics. This inflammation often goes to the larynx and the area of the nasopharynx;
- «Afrin» can not be taken in the treatment of children under the age of six.
With special carefulness it is necessary to take the drug in case of severe changes in blood pressure, chronic renal failure, and dysfunction of the heart muscle.
Do not take the medicine in case of arrhythmia, chronic disease, which changes the amount of cholesterol, as well as in case of diabetes.
To take the drug is not prohibited, but it is not advisable during pregnancy or when feeding your baby breast milk.
Side effects of the drug «Afrin» are rare, but if symptoms you must stop taking the medication and contact your doctor.
In the case of local reaction is not excluded the appearance of dryness, itching and burning in the mucous region.
In some cases, the patients complained of dryness in the mouth and throat irritation and frequent sneezing.
In the case of long-term use of nasal spray, can result in reduced therapeutic effect. In other cases manifested:
- The increase in blood flow to the nasal cavity.
- Severe redness of the facial skin.
- The depletion of the mucosal part in the nasal cavity.
- Keep in mind that the composition of the preparation contains components that cause irritation parts. This provokes dryness and decreased elasticity.
Systemic reactions include increased blood pressure, nausea and vomiting, severe dizziness and dysfunction of vestibular apparatus. In addition, there is sleep disturbance and loss of appetite, palpitations, anxiety, fatigue, loss of efficiency.
Overdose can occur when improper treatment or violation of safety rules.
If you feel nausea or vomiting immediately after taking the medication need to undergo symptomatic treatment.
Additional signs of an overdose include:
- serious discoloration of the skin, predominantly in blue color;
- the disruptions in heart beat;
- the change of blood pressure;
- dyspnea, or severe coughing;
- decreased body temperature;
At the first symptoms of overdose you must undergo a symptomatic treatment and, in case of accidental ingestion of the drug inside it is necessary to call «Ambulance» and to drink activated charcoal.
Interaction with other drugs
In consultation with the attending physician should discuss all medications that you are taking the inflammation period.
«Afrin» is not compatible with certain medications or slows their absorption, thus extending their influence.
Do not use «Afrin» in the following cases:
- Simultaneous administration produces the anasthetic drugs is prohibited.
- You can’t take spray with other vasoconstrictor drugs.
- Eliminate the intake of MAO inhibitors or «Afrin».
In the case of simultaneous medications increases the risk of side effects.
How to use «Afrin»
After acquiring drops in the nose «Afrin» read the manual. Pay attention to special instructions.
In case of violation of the rules of the drug, possible manifestation of side effects or other unwanted processes. Follow the course of treatment, it should not exceed five days.
In the case of acute inflammation duration can be increased, but in the absence of necessary, do not break this rule.
In case of a longer treatment of relapse of inflammation and a more severe course of the disease.
Do not take the medication during pregnancy, and also at the time of lactation. Clinical studies on this subject have not been conducted, therefore not worth the risk. This drug in the period of waiting for a baby can be prescribed only by the attending physician.
We remind you that the drug is prohibited for children up to six years.
Treatment of the common cold
When cold use the drug as follows:
- Spend hygiene of the nasal cavity. To do this, rinse the nose with salt solution or any specialized medicine.
- After completion of this procedure sbryznite the drug to the edge of the aisle.
Dosing in each case selected individually, but the standard scheme involves not more than three vspryskivaniu twice a day.
Treatment of sinusitis
In the case of abundant secretions and a severe inflammation of the paranasal sinuses is necessary comprehensive treatment. «Afrin» when sinusitis has antiviral and anaesthetic effects.
Immediately before use medication medication and shake several times press the cap of the medication. Then gently insert the cap into the nasal passage and sbryznite tool. Repeat procedure every six hours.
Before buying nose drops «Afrin» read the reviews.
Irina sheykhova: «Sprashivala «Afrin» if a bad cold. The effect was visible already after three applications: the cold passed very quickly, it became easier to breath, moist the nasal passages. Now use the drug even at the first hint of nasal discharge. Everything goes fast.»
Valentin Sergeyev: «my Wife bought a «Afrin» when I have inflamed mucous membranes of the nose, appeared acute coryza with severe pain in the region of the nasopharynx. Applied following the instructions for five days. Happy with the result».
Store in a dark place, where no can get kids. Don’t keep «Afrin» in the fridge, as the temperature of storage should not exceed 25 degrees Celsius.
Store the pills no more than two years in a sealed form. After opening drug shelf life goes thirty days.