Dry mouth — causes what diseases cause dry mouth night
What is the cause of dry mouth?
Xerostomia or dry mouth unpleasant symptom that affects many people. In medical statistics, ten percent of the entire population of the globe at regular intervals suffer from the disease.
However, for some reason formed a strong dry mouth and what threatens this state of man? The answers to these questions will be analyzed in this article.
That can cause dryness
Every person may be familiar with the feeling of dryness in the mouth. This symptom can be both temporary and permanent.
Dryness is not an independent disease, but a symptom of certain diseases of the body.
The disease is inherent in a reduction or cessation of saliva production. This condition appears due to many reasons.
Saliva is necessary to protect the body from harmful bacteria, and also:
- the neutralization of the acid;
- digestion of food;
- promotes hydration of the oral cavity and throat;
- nourishes the teeth enamel mineral components,
The lack of production of saliva may be due to the depletion or loss of viability of the salivary glands. In addition there are the following diseases:
- Diseases of the nervous system.
- Inflammation of the Airways.
- Inflammation of the digestive tract.
- Disease of the food pipe.
- Dysfunction of processing nutrients.
- Poor absorption of vitamins into the blood.
- Inflammation of the gallbladder.
- Disease of the duodenum.
- Autoimmune diseases.
In addition to the above symptoms, the lack of saliva may be associated with long use of antibiotics or other medications. But it can also be a symptom of exacerbation of chronic diseases.
Interesting fact: in day the human body produces about two thousand milligrams of saliva.
Symptoms of the disease
In any case, dryness is a symptom of serious illness, which cannot be ignored. If you find it hard to breathe and dry mouth does not leave for a long time, please pay attention to health and review the following symptoms:
- The formation of cracks in the mouth region.
- Burning sensation of the tongue.
- Ongoing dryness in the throat.
- Stickiness in the mouth.
- The impression of bonding in the oral region.
- Strong bloating.
- Itching and burning in the cheeks.
- Dryness in the nasopharynx.
- Inflammation in the maxillary sinuses.
- Slurred speech.
- In rare cases, nausea and vomiting.
- Strong dizziness.
Dry mouth is accompanied by other symptoms. This is evidence of a breach of any organ. Pay attention to common symptoms:
- the incessant feeling of thirst;
- profuse urination;
- pain when eating;
- inflammation of the lips;
- cracks in the corners of the mouth;
- the viscosity in the mouth;
- dryness of the tongue;
- change taste of products;
- unpleasant odors from the mouth.
In this case, you need to see a doctor, otherwise it is fraught with inflammation as the loss of vitality and the absolute dysfunction of the mucosa. That’s why the patient need to consult a qualified physician for an accurate diagnosis decrees and regulations of treatment.
The main reasons
There are many reasons why saliva may be broken. It is known that a temporary dysfunction of the salivary glands can be caused by prolonged use of antibiotics or after excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages.
To the group of medicines include the following types:
- All kinds of antibiotics.
- Medication against fungi.
- Sedatives in the form of drops and tablets.
Provided that a person ill with infectious diseases, dry mouth usually passes quickly. However, long use of drugs and the General poisoning of the body from toxic substances, refer to a specialist.
It is known that the causes of dry mouth the child the same with adults.
Assuming that dry mouth is characterized by a duration – perhaps the patient formed the inflammation.
The main causes of inflammation is the following:
- the mouth breathing;
- a deviated septum;
- the formation of polyps in the nose;
- seasonal allergic rhinoconjunctivitis;
- allergic rhinitis;
- infectious inflammation;
- diseases of the internal organs;
- HIV infection;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- dehydration of the body.
If recently you have had a surgical intervention, perhaps the dry mouth associated with the operation.
Many people wonder the reason some of the disease can be dry mouth at night. This can be caused for example due to snoring or mouth breathing.
If the reason is impossible, most likely, the symptom of dry mouth is a pathological condition. These include:
- Dysfunction of the submandibular and parotid salivary glands.
- Diabetes. In this case, a chronic increase in blood sugar levels due to insulin deficiency — pancreas hormone. Therefore, a person a constant feeling of dryness in the oral region.
- Sjogren disease, in which affects connective tissue and General immune status of the organism. Because of the defeat-secreting glands, mainly salivary and lacrimal, forms a dry mouth.
- The cessation of saliva due to the fact that the duct of the salivary gland is sealed in a foreign body, or when contraction after the injury.
- While mumps is characterized by inflammation of the glands near the ears, which also affects the flow of saliva;
- The decrease of the salivary glands observed in disease Mikulich.
Pay attention to infectious inflammation. Commonly the flu and colds dehydrates the body and, as a consequence, for colds dry mouth is a common symptom.
Also this symptom is observed in such diseases as:
- trauma the major salivary glands;
- lack of vitamins;
- growth of epithelial tissue, which obstructs the openings of the salivary glands;
- depression or stress;
- surgical intervention in the area of the nasopharynx;
- genetic pathology.
Dry mouth during pregnancy
While waiting for the child, the expectant mother is experiencing inflammation. However, xerostomia is commonly manifested, as during pregnancy the salivary glands are more active than usual.
However, if you are in position you have a distinct dryness, consult a specialist.
The situation gets worse, if the feeling of metal taste. In this case, it can be a cause of diabetes.
You should not ignore the fact that during pregnancy, expectant mothers experience problems with urination. In this case, the body commonly is just not enough fluid, and the timely replenishment does not occur.
For this reason, pregnant women should take plenty of water. And also exclude from your diet spicy and sweet.
In order to get rid of dry mouth, try to take plenty of water and eat vegetables and fruits, especially lemon.
In addition, allowed to eat lollipops, but without sugar or chewing menthol gum.