Ear drops Dexon: instructions for use
How to take ear drops Dexon?
Inflammatory processes developing in the ear, can result in severe destructive changes in the body, which in turn is fraught with the violation or a hearing loss. In order to prevent this, it is necessary to immediately begin treatment of any inflammation in the ear.
In the complex therapy of the disease usually consists of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs, among which quite often you can find such a drug as «Dexon». Consider in detail the instructions for use of ear drops, «Dexon», the properties of the pharmaceutical agent and its possible counterparts.
«Dexon» — properties of the drug
«Dexon» — farmpreparat local effects, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect. Ophthalmology and otolaryngology main use of this tool.
Produces the drug by the Indian pharmaceutical company that offers several dosage forms of this substance:
- eye and ear drops;
- tablet form;
- solution for intravenous and intramuscular injection.
In this case, we are interested in eye and ear drops, which represent a sterile, colorless (sometimes with a pale yellowish) liquid.
In the treatment of ear diseases the pharmaceuticals have such an impact:
- eliminates inflammation;
- reduces sensitivity to allergens;
- helps to cleanse the body of accumulated toxins.
In addition, the drug has immunosuppressive and antishock effect.
This drug is a combination, and a therapeutic effect of its use is due to a combination of the following active ingredients:
- Neomycin is an antibacterial substance belonging to the group of aminoglycosides. Is characterized by bactericidal action by interfering with protein synthesis in the cells of pathogenic agents. Resistance to the pathogen is produced very slowly.
- Dexamethasone – a glucocorticosteroid that possesses strong anti-inflammatory, desensitizing and anti-allergic effect.
This combination of substances «Dexon» can significantly reduce the risk of inflammation and infection.
Help. The drug has a broad impact area, but is powerless to viruses, fungi and anaerobic flora.
Contraindications and side effects
Drops «Dexon» is contraindicated to apply in the following situations:
- intolerance to components of the drug;
- the age of 18;
- viral diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva;
- tree keratitis provoked by a particular virus;
- fungal disease of the eye;
- mycobacterial infectious disease of the eye and ear;
- perforation of the tympanic membrane;
Pharmaceuticals will also be ineffective in the case of removal of corneal foreign body.
Important! During pregnancy, the drug is issued only in those situations where the therapeutic effect justifies the potential risk to the fetus.
Like many medicinal substances «Dexon» and has a list of possible side effects. This includes the following States:
- An allergic reaction manifests itself in the form of itching, redness and swelling of the skin.
- The development of secondary infections due to the suppression of the protective functions of the body.
- Fungal infection can develop as a result of prolonged use of the drug.
- The slowing of the healing process.
- Increased intraocular pressure, resulting in can develop glaucoma.
If the drug is used longer than 10 days, it is necessary to monitor intraocular pressure during this period.
When and how to apply «Dexon»
As mentioned earlier, these drops are widely used in ophthalmology for the treatment of acute and chronic diseases of the bacterial nature (iridocyclitis, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, keratitis without epithelial lesions). As for the diseases of ENT-organs, there are only 2 indications for use:
- Chronic and acute external otitis.
- Pathology of the external ear infectious-allergic nature.
Data ear drops, regardless of the type and stage of inflammation of the ear, dripped 3-4 drops 2 to 4 times a day until complete disappearance of symptoms. The treatment period can last from 1 day to several months.
Attention! Dig from the same bottle in the eyes and ears is not necessary, because it can lead to spread of infection.
You should know that with instillation of drops in the ears to touch the dropper to any surface it is impossible, because in this case, can occur bacterial contamination of the medicinal fluid in the vial.
Analogues of the drug «Dexon»
On the basis of mechanism of action and belonging to pharmacological group of aminoglycoside antibiotics and glucocorticosteroids (GCS) are the following tools as analogues of ear drops «Dexon»:
- «Byagent» – contains the antibiotic gentamicin or corticosteroids betamethasone. It has bactericidal, anti-inflammatory and antiallergic effect;
- «Garson» — combined drug containing gentamicin and betamethasone. Characterized by the same mechanism of action as the previous product;
«Sofradeks» combined preparation with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiallergic action. Contains the antibiotic gramicidin and framizetin and the glucocorticoid dexamethasone.
The above drugs have the same indications for use, like the «Dexon» and are analogues of on the part of otolaryngology.
As for ophthalmology, these drops can be replaced such drugs: «Tobradex», «Maxitrol», «Cobrathon», (eye drops) and «Tobradex» (eye ointment).
Help. Medicine «Dexon» is available in pharmacy only on medical prescription.
Despite the similarity of actions is still not advised to substitute one drug, appointed expert to the other. Only the doctor in this case, you may choose a drug based on the characteristics of the organism of each patient.
To any, even minor inflammation in the ear should be treated very carefully, because this condition can be quite dangerous because of the location of the organ of hearing and its proximity to the brain.
It is best in this case to contact Laura for getting competent help. Independently apply a variety of drugs, of course, can not ban anyone, but will they use when the patient himself does not know what exactly it heals.