Endometrial dysplasia: causes, symptoms, treatment
What is dysplasia knows not every woman. But you should know about, since women carry and give birth to a child, so disease and pathology. associated with GYN should they be interested. Dysplasia is a disorders that occur in the structure of tissues. Also, the uterus dysplasia is considered a precancerous stage, so to know the causes, symptoms and how to treat the pathology should every woman who wants to be a mother.
Dysplasia of the uterine endometrium is the pathological processes that occur in the epithelial cells of the cervix in the transition region from the single-layer epithelium of the cervical canal in a multilayer – vaginal portion of the cervix.
Dysplasia is a pathological condition which is characterized by changes in the functioning and structure of the mucosal wall of cervix, when the creation of certain conditions may develop cancer. This disorders associated with the differentiation and proliferation of undifferentiated initial cells with the reproduction of cellular nuclear atypia.
In this regard, dysplasia is also called «dyskaryosis». It should be noted that such structural changes do not extend beyond the basal layer of the body.
At diagnosis early appropriate treatment will help to solve the problem and change the course of the process. Types of dysplasia characterized as layered deeply affected mucous layer of the cervix.
So depending on the depth of qualify three types of severity:
- Easy – the percentage of modified cells comprises about 35% of the thickness of the mucus layer. This type of pathology has the ability to walk independently approximately 70% of all cases.
- Moderate – altered cells occupy about 70% of the thickness of the endometrium. Without appropriate treatment type can pass on their own only in 50% of cases, in 15% there is degeneration in the 3 degree, and 20% is caused Oncology.
- Severe dysplasia is invasive cancer. The entire cervical epithelium is a modified cells.
Experts note that many women wondering: is it possible to cure dysplasia? You can, if the timely initiation of correct treatment. Given the fact that the diagnosis of type will not affect the fact of the presence of pathological signs in the body and abnormalities that occur within. The disease is mild, you need to eliminate as effectively and intensively as heavy and then the result will be.
Causes and symptoms
Special insidious disease is that it does not manifest itself in severe clinical picture. In most cases the course of disease is asymptomatic, deviations are often discovered accidentally on routine gynecological examinations.
Often the pathology of the attached microbial infection that provokes similar symptoms with vaginitis or cervicitis. Why can appear such warning signs as vaginal fluid unknown etiology, itching and burning of genitals. As a rule, pain is absent.
In the case when the disease is neglected and there is a couple of years and more, there are severe pain in the lower abdomen and the presence of blood. Therefore, it is important every six months to visit a gynecologist and not to miss the initial development of pathology. Reasons that can cause the emergence of a large number.
Common reasons are:
- almost 90% of all cases, the disease occurs due to the HPV virus;
- long or not the treatment of gynecological diseases of inflammatory nature;
- injuries associated with the uterus;
- early childbearing;
- beginning sexual intercourse at an early age;
- the imbalance of hormones, for example, by pregnancy or hormonal drugs;
- inadequate intake of necessary quantity of vitamin C, A and beta-carotene;
- heredity, genetics, if there is a predisposition to cancerous diseases of the reproductive organs;
- the abuse of Smoking and alcoholic drinks;
- wrong way of life.
All these reasons can be the catalyst for the development of endometrial cells a virus that can cause dysplasia.
Diagnosis and treatment
It is because of severe clinical picture to identify dysplasia is impossible, it is necessary to use diagnostic methods.
For accurate diagnosis are used:
- Ordinary examination in the gynecological chair with the use of mirrors (typically, this is a routine inspection at which an experienced specialist should smell a rat and guide to further research);
- Cytology – PAP test, smear on Papanikolau on Cytology, conducted a special medical tool that takes samples from three essential areas – the mucous walls of the vagina, the entrance of the cervix and cervical canal. This method helps to detect inflammation and tumors of a malignant nature.
- Colposcopy is used as an instrumental method which will help to determine changes in the vaginal portion of the cervix. Sometimes pick up material for further study.
- Further histological examination of samples taken highly informative tissue will help to ascertain the presence or absence of nuclear and cellular atypia, as well as to detect malignant tumors.
- The polymerase chain reaction can be set papilloma virus, and to diagnose other diseases of infectious nature, which often combines with dysplasia.
After studying and deciphering history’s doctor chooses the method of treatment in accordance with the patient’s age, degree of pathology and taking into account accompanying diseases, if any.
Charming is having a course of anti-inflammatory therapy. If the first stage – is used tactics of dynamic monitoring of the development process. In such a situation a woman should take Cytology (PAP smear) every 3 months. If we found two atypical result, surgical treatment is shown.
In the case of 2 and 3 degrees is only used surgery. It can include: moxibustion, which removed foci of dysplasia, after the endometrium is overgrown with typical cells. This procedure does not require hospital, can be carried out in the antenatal clinic.
For treatment use:
- The operational method, which collapses the modified mucosa by laser, liquid nitrogen, radio waves, or electricity.
- Comisaria cervix – occurs amputation of the cervix or excision of the affected area.
- Immunostimulatory therapy is the strengthening of protective functions of the organism with the use of immunomodulators or interferon.
You can try the popular treatment after prior consultation with the doctor. As a rule, use tampons with ointment of propolis, honey and aloe, irrigation of green tea or calendula, warm baths from pine buds.
When contraindicated with surgery:
- inflammation acute, subacute in organs of small pelvis and abdominal cavity;
- infection of the cervix and vagina;
- the biopsy showed a malignancy;
- the size of the affected area is not possible to establish exactly.
Preventive measures and recommendations will help to avoid the development of dysplasia, and further to prevent relapse.
- to eat right to the body receives all the essential vitamins And various trace elements and beta-carotene;
- promptly treat infection of the reproductive organs;
- to avoid unwanted pregnancies and abortions, make contraceptives;
- to give up Smoking and alcohol;
- drinking fresh green tea;
- half-yearly examination and PAP.
Women are also interested in: can you have sex when dysplasia? You can, if this does not cause you any discomfort. In that case, if you did any procedures for treatment, the gynecologist will recommend to refrain from intimacy for at least a couple of weeks to heal neck.
Forecasts are favorable. Pathology is not life-threatening, if properly and timely treated, but a relapse is not excluded. The main thing is to follow the recommendations and preventive measures. Then the risks are significantly reduced.