Endometriosis of the bladder in women: causes and treatment
In our time, the endometriosis of the bladder is not considered a rare pathology. It is an inflammatory process in a short time turns into a chronic form, if not carried out proper treatment. This pathology primarily affects the uterus and appendages in women, and the organs of the urinary system — again.
The degree of pathology
Endometriosis is a disease progressive in the body in women, it affects the lining of the uterus (endometrium), and after spreading to other places of the body, including the bladder. This happens very quickly; pathology grows in the muscle layer of the genitals and may even go out and beyond, hitting the ovaries, cervix, intestines, bladder and other abdominal organs.
Endometriosis most often appears in women in the age from 23 to 40 years old, in rare cases, even in old age. Depending on the localization of pathology is divided into two forms: genital (affects genitals) and extragenital (grows in the abdominal cavity). Today, doctors klassificeret pathology at 4 degrees.
- Isolated pockets on the surface of the tissue, germinate at a shallow depth.
- A large number of foci and the disease goes much deeper.
- Pockets hit the abdomen, there are sporadic spikes, germination occurs at a very great depth.
- A large part of the affected organ and the spikes are dense, similar to harnesses.
The foci vary in appearance. They may have a circular shape and a thickness of about 2 — 5 mm, and may actually grow on the floor of the body and reach a thickness of over 1 cm formations maroon, from the neighboring tissue separates them white scars. Disease in women leads to the formation of adhesions in the pelvis.
Endometriosis in the bladder, the uterus is often accompanied by development in the wall of the organ benign tumors. Therefore, diagnosis in women is greatly complicated by the similarity of symptoms with other diseases of the genitourinary system.
To cause disease can the following factors:
- errors in the surgical process (especially caesarean section or surgery to remove ovarian cysts);
- disturbances in the hormonal background;
- low consumption of fluids;
- an improper diet.
Symptoms of endometriosis
To prevent the rapid development of pathology in that case, if the time to detect and start treatment immediately. Cheerleaders woman needs the symptoms:
- pelvic pain, worse before the menstrual cycle; it can be both permanent and short-term;
- the feeling of discomfort and heaviness in the lower abdomen;
- the presence in the urine sediment in the form of white flakes;
- frequent urge to urinate, accompanied by pain and pain;
- urinary incontinence;
- a quick set of body weight.
Early stage of the disease in women can occur without symptoms and to determine what is pathology the only doctor visits; visit him regularly — once in 6 months. But there are other signs of disease; if they appeared necessary not to delay and to go to the doctor to confirm or deny the concerns.
The characteristic symptom of the disease is considered a change in the color of urine before the menstrual cycle. It becomes red, due to the fact that changes occur inside the body. In urine detected unchanged red blood cells. If bladder endometriosis progresses, increase the lesions that affect a large part of the body, and, as a consequence, there is severe pain in the pelvis.
Confirmation of the diagnosis
To detect endometriosis of the bladder in women according to clinical manifestations, or after the passage of the relevant studies. To confirm the diagnosis, you need to go through the following procedures:
- medical check-up;
- analysis of life, any history of patient’s present illness, injury, presence of disease in the mother;
- analyzing the menstrual cycle;
- the analysis of the medical history of gynecologist: genital tract infections, childbirth, abortion;
- cystoscopy is the examination of the cavity of the bladder; the procedure is performed under anesthesia because the insertion of an instrument through the urethra causes severe pain syndrome;
- Ultrasound of the bladder and pelvic organs;
- MRI be performed in patients with complicated course of the disease.
If after all the tests the diagnosis was confirmed, an urgent need to take measures of treatment to avoid complications that can lead to other organ.
Treatment of endometriosis
Conservative treatment is mainly based on hormonal drugs are also recommended to take the drugs in the following groups: oral contraceptives, progestins, gonadoliberin, antiestrogens, and others.
The choice of drugs depends on whether the woman continue to get pregnant. Combination medications need to be taken with caution, as they may cause unwanted effects. Continuation of treatment is chosen individually for each patient and the course lasts at least three months, and in some cases a year. The treatment is conducted courses between which it is required break; medication is conducted before the onset of natural menopause.
In the most severe cases the patient can assign a surgery, this will remove the part damaged by endometriosis body. During the procedure, immediately scanning not to miss pockets of disease in other organs. If you skip even the small hearth, then very soon the disease will return and will progress.
In some cases, it helps leech therapy and reflexology. Also, doctors recommend physical therapy, but only as an additional treatment. Use the following procedure: impulse currents of low frequency, magnetotherapy, balneotherapy, hydrotherapy, and climatotherapy.
Only proper, timely treatment can protect the female body from the complications, therefore, to delay trip to the doctor should not be.