Endometriosis of the ovary — causes, treatment and prevention
Endometriosis right ovary — one of the common diseases in women associated with hormonal changes. This disorder can be dangerous because it can cause serious complications such as infertility or malignancy and demands an urgent and radical treatment, until the removal of the affected organ.
What kind of disease that precedes his appearance and what treatment is most effective?
Endometriosis: what is it?
Endometriosis is growth of endometrial epithelial tissue lining the uterine cavity, beyond.
There are internal and external endometriosis. When the outer cells of the endometrium affects the uterus and other organs: the vagina, the cervix, ovaries or abdomen.
Internal endometriosis is a benign pathology characterized by growth of endometriotic tissue in the body of the uterus and the inner part of the pipes.
There are two main forms of the disease — genital and extragenital. Genital most common and accounts for more than 90% of all cases. Most often pathology is found in women of reproductive age, and after a laparoscopic study of more than 20% of the patients found the main cause of infertility – endometriosis lose appendages. Depending on localization distinguish a lesion of the left or right ovary or two of the appendages, that is, the ovaries along with the fallopian tubes.
Stage of development of the disease
Endometriosis lesions of the ovaries is divided into 4 stages:
- Small endometriosis. On the appendages and on the peritoneum between the uterus and rectum, there are small blotches of endometrial cells without the formation of cavities.
- Endometriosis education (cyst). One of the ovarian cyst is present with a size of about 5 mm with small patches of endometrial tissue on the peritoneum. Small adhesive threads can also be present near the ovaries, but the intestines while in the pathological process involved.
- Endometriosis cyst on both ovaries. Tumors are seen on the uterus and the fallopian tubes. On the appendages and on the part of the intestine are adhesive thread.
- Cystic lesion of both appendages larger than 6 mm with involvement of bladder, rectum and sigmoid colon. Adhesions are expressed very strongly.
The last stage of the disease the wall of the cyst presented the endometrium, the menstrual cycle is accompanied by a thick brown discharge. These types of cysts are often called chocolate, they are very easy to notice on a photo taken during an ultrasound examination. Treatment involves mandatory removal.
The causes that provoke the emergence of endometriosis
On endometriosis has been known for a very long time, but still to say accurately what the causes are due to its occurrence on the appendages, no one can. There is only speculation that the pathology often develops in those women who:
- has serious problems with the menstrual cycle: irregular periods, bleeding and other failures;
- often interrupts pregnancy;
- had surgery on the genitals;
- living with a lippes loop, implanted more than 5 years;
- smoke and drink alcohol;
- suffering from frequent inflammations of the urinary system;
- prone to autoimmune diseases;
- has the pathology of the organs of internal secretion.
But the main reason for the appearance of endometriosis lesions of the appendages is the genetic status of the woman. Doctors suggest that pathology may occur if during the menstrual cycle in women has been a reflux of blood in the peritoneal cavity, causing appendages is the germination of endometrial cells.
How to diagnose endometriosis appendages?
Basically, the disease occurs without any symptoms, therefore, to assume that a woman develops such an anomaly, only after a long and detailed survey. In some cases, abnormalities may indicate severe pain during menstruation in the lower abdomen and lower back, radiating to the anus. Spotting before and after menstruation, menstrual cycle, goes beyond the usual monthly schedule or at all may be missing for one to two months, during sexual intercourse, pain is felt diagnosed infertility.
In the patient’s examination by gynecologist on chair can be used to detect endometriosis. Appendages become dense, slightly increased in size, painful and almost immobile during the menstrual cycle. Between the menses the ovaries decrease, they are soft and movable. Sometimes, if the body is present the cyst is large in size, the ovaries are palpated in the form of clusters connected by adhesions to the uterus and peritoneum.
Endometriosis lesions right ovary very easily can be confused with appendicitis, and the left appendage with a tumor in the intestine. To accurately make a diagnosis, only a visual inspection is not enough, so it is recommended to undergo additional studies, including the compulsory to donate blood for tumor markers.
As instrumental methods need to pass:
- ultrasound examination of small pelvis organs;
- CT and MRI;
Only by studying the results of all studies can accurately diagnose and prescribe the correct treatment.
Can you get pregnant with endometriosis?
If appendages are affected by endometriosis, the pregnancy is reduced to a minimum. This is due to the fact that in the female body due to hormonal changes, not enough of progestogen steroid hormones. Commissural strands, located in the pelvis, impede the normal movement of the egg and sperm. But if a woman did come to conceive, carry a fetus to term it would also be very difficult. Besides constantly increasing size of the uterus may cause a cyst with purulent-inflammatory the content of the burst. This is why women susceptible to a serious disease, without pre-treatment can plan the pregnancy and before conception need to be examined to rule out endometriosis.
How to treat endometriosis appendages?
The treatment of growths of endometrial tissue in the wrong place pursuing these goals:
- the removal of lesions;
- pain relief;
- normalization of hormonal background;
- the restoration of reproductive function;
- the prevention of recurrence.
For the effective treatment of endometriosis is necessary to combine the surgery with special medicines. Surgical treatment is carried out in a hospital, and hormonal therapy can continue at home. For each patient the drug therapy is selected individually.
The young women in the course of the year, you must take oral contraceptives.
Usually in the treatment of endometriosis use of such medicines as:
- Goserelin, or triptorelin, which is injected into the body once a day in solution for 28 days.
- The danazol take 1 capsule up to three times a day for six months or more.
- Antiestrogen drug, gestrinone need to drink 1 tablet twice a week.
All of these drugs are advised to take at least 6 months with a small break, and they are only effective at the initial stage. If the disease is neglected, the removal of the affected pathology of tissues and organs is necessary.
Surgery is appointed:
- if a woman has severe pain that is difficult to stop treatments;
- when the cyst significantly increased in size or in the case of rupture;
- for the planned removal of endometriosis.
If you take the full course of therapy, observing all recommendations of the doctor, the treatment will be effective. After removal of foci of endometriosis lesions in a patient restores hormonal balance and overall health. But therapy was the most effective, you also need to follow a diet.
Diet endometriosis appendages
Treatment of endometriosis can not do without a correct and balanced diet. Certain foods enhance the production of estrogen, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, increase the body’s defenses.
In the women’s diet must be more protein, dairy products, vegetables, fruits and berries. Daily you should drink at least 1.5 liters of purified water. The diet should contain the following products:
- bakery products from wheat flour;
- foods fortified with vitamin C;
- boiled bird;
- cauliflower and broccoli. These products help to lower the amount of estrogen;
- sea fish, Flaxseed oil, and nuts help to restore the natural development of tissues, first affected by endometriosis.
The treatment will be faster and more efficient if from the diet to completely clean products such as pork and beef, eggs, drinks with gas, coffee, tea, alcoholic beverages, pickled foods and fatty sauces with the addition of mayonnaise.