Eustachian tube and inflammation: symptoms, treatment
How to recognize and treat inflammation of the auditory tube?
Hearing organs in the human body play an important role. Deviations from the norm result in incorrect perception of the world, provoke the development of many chronic diseases, creating difficulties in communication.
Often in the hospital come patients with inflammation of the Eustachian tube (auditory). This part of the ear on inflamed quite often, as it connects the tympanic membrane to the nasopharynx. Inflammation leads to disruption of full functioning of the organs of hearing, which has serious consequences, including a hearing loss and complete deafness.
Auditory tube and its function
Despite its tiny size, the Eustachian tube connects the middle ear cavity with the nasopharynx, primarily fulfilling protective and drainage function. Moreover, the channel performs ventilation and acoustic function.
Eustachian tube is a kind of connecting element, which is air exchange, and through which the ear cavity appears accumulated fluid. Shell channel prevents the penetration of infection, periodically producing mucus that can destroy bacteria and supports the inside of the organ of hearing the desired air pressure.
Help. Length of the Eustachian tube is not more than 3.5 cm and thickness 0.2 cm
Causes of inflammation of the auditory tube
Disruption of the channel leads to its compaction. Mucous membranes gradually begin to thicken, while the lumen becomes so small that there is a violation of metabolic processes.
The pressure inside the auditory organ is dramatically reduced, the fraction of excreted fluid is not output stagnates, and all this together leads to the beginning of the inflammatory process (the Eustachian).
Actually a lot of factors can cause inflammation of the Eustachian tube:
- overcooling or overheating;
- the development of viral infectious diseases of ENT-organs;
- inflammation of the throat or eardrum;
- the metabolic, hormonal imbalance;
- head trauma, ear, larynx, nasopharynx;
- hit in the ear canal foreign body;
- chronic diseases of internal organs, including your hearing, leading to a deformation of the auditory tube;
- long-term use of medications;
- effect of chemical drugs;
- an Allergy attack.
The first symptoms usually go unnoticed. Discomfort and itching in the ear canal causes the first suspicion. The impression that the ear laid down or it was fluid accumulation.
We can distinguish the following main symptoms:
- noise in ears when turning the head;
- aching or shooting pain in the region of the organ of hearing;
- the reduction in auditory sensitivity;
- dizzy spells, weakness, headaches;
- high temperature;
- irritation, itching in the ear canal.
Attention! Since inflammation is often not recognized at the initial stage of development, as the process evolves very rapidly, already for a few hours the symptoms can rapidly deteriorate.
Disease for a few hours can go into the most severe form. So doctors distinguish between acute and chronic form of the disease depending on symptoms and frequency of symptoms.
As the main link, the auditory tube of the middle ear are necessary for normal functioning of the body. Any deviation from the norm leads to severe consequence.
Therefore, at the first signs and symptoms of the disease should rather go to the reception to the consultation.
Widespread treatment of inflammation of Eustachian tube medicines. Depending on the degree of Eustachian, precipitating factors and existing chronic diseases, treatment is chosen individually. First, the doctor will try to reduce the symptoms of the disease, facilitating the patient’s condition, then will be accepted for the main treatment.
First we need to remove the swelling of the nasopharynx, thereby partially restoring the function of the auditory tube. Prescribed for these purposes vasoconstrictor drops:
In addition, when the canal is full of thick fluid, to contribute to its further dilution of the recommended application:
When the inflammation triggered by an allergic reaction, a necessary method:
- The side effects of the drug.
To reduce the development of inflammation and the level of bacteria and infections, allows the solution of penicillin in the ephedrine. Substance was instilled into the nasal passages. Also prescribe Nasonex, lower blood pressure mother.
To fully restore the patency of the ear canal is blown by way of the Politzer or insert a catheter. Sometimes required the removal of adenoids and tonsils, to remove the obstruction.
Additionally prescribe physiotherapy, laser therapy, pneumomassage eardrums. Many are assigned restorative preparations to enhance the health of the immune system (Immunostimulants, vitamins, multivitamins).
Widespread folk treatment methods, but independently of such decision can not be taken. First, the doctor needs to examine the causes and the symptoms of inflammation of the auditory tube, after which the treatment of folk recipes can be carried out only with the approval of a specialist.
Otherwise, you can waste time and thereby hurt yourself. Independently it is impossible to predict how your body will react to a particular substance. For example, if the problem is caused by allergies, and you in addition use harmful component, if not the consequences can be critical.
So, a traditional medicine considered to be highly efficient and harmless decoctions of medicinal herbs. Be prepared on the basis of calendula, chamomile pharmacy, oak bark.
Prepared as tea leaves, pouring a Cup of boiling water a couple of tablespoons of dry powder chopped herbs. When the broth configure themselves, but is completely cool, dig in his ear and the nostril on the side where there was inflammation.
A few popular recipes to relieve inflammation:
- Good effect have fresh juices of many plants. The juice of yarrow, Kalanchoe, aloe buried in the ear and nostril a couple of drops. Diluted in a small amount of warm water, liquid recommended to use in washing the ears and nose.
- During the initial catarrhal manifestations suggest «breathe» over sarushima potatoes «in uniform».
- Garlic clove is ground, and pour vegetable oil, leaving a couple of weeks in a dark place. Used as ear drops.
Trying to prevent inflammation of the auditory tube, you need to give your body a lot of attention:
- Depending on weather conditions to dress, trying to cover your ears from the wind.
- To strengthen the immune system, increasing resistance to colds and infectious diseases.
- No contact with sick people and the epicenter of outbreaks of influenza and SARS less leave the house.
- Any cold, virus, infectious disease to try to cure through under the supervision of a specialist.
- Less to rely on traditional medicines, and more still trust the doctor and follow their instructions.
- Allergy sufferers need to constantly carry the appropriate medications to reduce the first symptoms of the disease.
- Any medication can only be performed under the supervision of a specialist.
- Not worth the extra time to overstrain yourself both mentally and physically.
- To protect yourself from injury and stressful situations.
- In the case of chronic diseases of organs of hearing, and other bodies to lead working closely with physicians to eliminate pathology.
At the slightest suspicion that you have something with the ear, do not set the diagnosis yourself. No inflammation, and a gaping auditory tube – a completely different serious pathology.
Do not delay, and immediately go to the doctor. It is naive to believe that «self-will» is not necessary. Such processes need to treat long, carefully treating the problem. Pathology may have a different character, and the result if the chimney is similar, hearing loss or total deafness.