Fungus in nose: symptoms, signs, treatment of folk remedies
How to treat fungus in the nose
Fungus in the nose is an infectious disease that has the official name of the mycosis. Its signs and symptoms successfully disguised as viral rhinitis, which causes some difficulties with its timely diagnosis.
In fact, fungal infection is often the true cause of cold, hard therapy. To develop this disease may even in children, because the mucous membranes of the nose in contact with the environment and that they infection. What is a fungus of the mucous of the nose and how to treat it – will be the subject of our article.
Etiology fungal rhinitis
To avoid fungal infection during life, could not any one person. But not always it causes severe lesions of the nasal mucosa, characterized by a strong discharge and other unpleasant symptoms.
The factors provoking the development of fungal rhinitis, are:
- The total decrease in the protective forces of the organism;
- Chronic illness and inflammation;
- Long-term hormone therapy and antibiotic therapy;
- A bruise or a broken nose;
- Improper metabolism.
Any of the above reasons may intensify the growth and development of fungal infection, which will cause a number of unpleasant symptoms. But to determine the form of rhinitis does not work. For detection of the pathogen is required to conduct a series of studies, which will tell the qualified doctor on internal consultation.
Symptoms of fungal infection in the nose
If activated fungus in nose symptoms this process will be similar to usual catarrhal rhinitis, with the only difference that quickly eliminate them with the help of traditional treatment of the common cold will not work. Moreover, different types of fungal pathogen, causing different intensity of manifestations, from mild discomfort to very noticeable pain.
Most often, patients fungal rhinitis go to the doctor with the following complaints:
- The feeling of constant dryness of the mucosa and severe itching, do not remove any drugs;
- Frequent sneezing during the whole period of the disease;
- Complete nasal obstruction resistant to vasoconstrictor drugs;
- Strong mucus, which does not change its consistency and color;
- Adherence to mucus secretion odor;
- Constant headaches and feeling short of breath;
- The appearance of pain in the nasal passages.
If you suspect a fungus in the nose, signs of which persisted for 2 or more weeks to delay seeking qualified help should not be. As to identify the fungal pathogen to the prescription of effective antifungal drugs is possible only in laboratory conditions.
The types of fungal infections of the nasal mucosa and their diagnosis
To diagnose a fungal infection of the nasal mucosa using cultural examination of scrapings and microscopy of the affected tissues.
To accomplish all these procedures only by a qualified otolaryngologist in a clinic or hospital. These studies is usually sufficient to not only identify the fungus in the nose, a photo of which can be found on the Internet, but also accurately identify it. This will depend on the success of existing treatment.
Often with fungal rhinitis is diagnosed the following diseases:
- Mukormikoz. His agents live everywhere, and nasal mucosa fall when breathing. The lack of treatment of this disease can lead to thickening of the mucous membrane of the nasal passages and even to the destruction of bones of the paranasal sinuses.
- Candidiasis. Fungi of the genus Candida are well-known to women, as they are the causative agents of the most widespread diseases of female sexual sphere – thrush. He can hit and the mucous membrane of the nose, causing her distinctive touch, itch and smell.
- Histoplasmosis. His agents live in the dust and also enter our nose when breathing. This disease is fraught with the appearance of painful ulcers affecting the nasal septum and other areas.
- Non-invasive aspergillosis and invasive species. This disease can cause 3 types of fungi that live in dust. Invasive form dangerous zlokacestvennom process and needs immediate surgical treatment, non-invasive and causes obstruction of the nose and severe pain in the face.
- Rhinosporidiosis. This disease causes a poorly known fungus that enters the mucous membranes of dust or water. Threat it in the first place, the appearance of multiple polyps on the nasal septum that cause bleeding, painful runny nose, obstructive process and twang voice.
If you have found fungus in the nose, the treatment of the drugs for which it is difficult to find, must be based upon accurate identification of the pathogen and final diagnosis.
Treatment of fungal infection of the nasal mucosa
The most effective treatment of fungus in the nose, regardless of its causative agent, is combined therapy consisting of medication and traditional medicine.
It should be noted that to prescribe drugs only by a qualified doctor, after a series of diagnostic tests, including checking the resistance of the fungus to a particular drug. Self-treatment of this disease is unacceptable.
In non-running and uncomplicated cases, the patient is assigned an effective anti-fungal drugs of the new generation, is intended for internal intake and external use, and sometimes even for invasive treatment of the affected mucous membranes and distant areas of the nose.
When mucormycosis and histoplasmosis surgical sanation of the internal nasal cavity with the introduction of amphotericin. Candidiasis nasal passages are treated, often with drugs, created on the basis of fluconazole. In non-invasive aspergillosis shows a few sessions of aeration of the nose, and when rhinosporidiosis not do without cautery polyps.
In addition to antifungal therapy, patients are assigned to drugs a tonic to strengthen the immune system. Moreover, when there are concomitant diseases which could directly or indirectly affect the development of a fungal infection is assigned to their effective treatment. This will ensure there is no recurrence of growth of the fungus.
If confirmed the diagnosis of a fungus in the nose, treatment of folk remedies is also must appoint a physician. Quite often, seemingly innocuous at first glance, the pot can cause the body irreparable harm.
Traditional medicine fungal infections of the mucous membrane of the nose is used most often in the preparation of decoctions for washing and rinsing, as well as for the manufacture of a therapeutic moisturizing ointments.
When fungal rhinitis will be effective rinsing the nose with a decoction of calendula, succession, chamomile and oak bark.
They are prepared very simply – one teaspoon dry collection of any of the above herbs pour a glass of boiling water and infused for 3 hours. After straining through cheesecloth, the broth is ready to use. Cleanse the nose needs at least 3 times a day. This will reduce the mucus and congestion, relieve itching and eliminate the pain. And to combat the dryness that is characteristic of a fungal infection, perfect fresh juice of raw beets or carrots.
Fungal infection of the nasal mucosa can affect even children. The most common causes are decayed teeth, rickets or frequent colds. They often suffer from school children or children attending kindergarten. This infection is transmitted, in particular, and by airborne droplets.
How to treat fungus in the nose of a child tell the doctor.Basically, children will prescribe anti-fungal drugs, probiotics, immunomodulators, vitamins and topical treatment. At relapse of the disease in the child it is necessary to examine his immune status and living conditions.
Prevention of fungus in the nose
The most effective treatment of fungus in the nose as well as any other infectious disease, is prevention, which will consist of the following rules:
- Your healthy lifestyle;
- Balanced diet;
- Timely treatment of all foci of infection in the body;
- Prevent dysbiosis.
Subject to all of the above rules, no fungal infection will not be afraid.
The prognosis of treatment of fungus in the nose, with timely treatment to the doctor favorable. In most cases, defeat fungal infection turns forever.