Distal esophagitis: what is it, causes, treatment
Distal esophagitis — what is it?
The desire to be completely healthy — this is one of the main goals of man. If you completely exclude a genetic factor, it is a powerful obstacle to this goal is improper diet, infections, nervous tension and way of life. All of this can be the reason for the development of distal esophagitis.
What is special about the development of such inflammation of the mucosa of the esophagus? What characterizes such a process and what are the features of his treatment? Let’s find out.
What is distal esophagitis
Esophagitis occurs when the action of any irritant substances in the esophagus. It is manifested by the swelling of tissues and the appearance of inflammation of the mucous membrane. Nothing wrong with this body reacts to overly aggressive food. But with the weakening of local defense mechanisms there is a disease of the body in the form of inflammation in the affected area. The lesion appears in a separate section of the esophagus or suffers the whole body. According to one of the classifications, namely the localization changes, the disease is:
The most frequent variant of the disease is distal esophagitis.
Diseases of the esophagus in most cases occur for a long time, and often asymptomatic, becoming chronic. May develop chronic distal esophagitis. What is it? Is inflammation of the distal (lower) esophagus, in which alternating phases of exacerbation and remission.
Sometimes the cause of the disease of the esophagus may be the failure of its lower sphincter. This circular muscle at the junction with the stomach. Her job is to close the passage after the movement of food into the stomach. When the sphincter is weakened, the opposite occurs, the reflux of stomach contents into the esophagus reflux. Combining two such reasons the doctors say about the development of distal reflux esophagitis. In the development of the disease these are diseases of the stomach, which increases the level of hydrochloric acid, operating on the esophagus.
Options inflammation of the esophagus
Meet the classification of esophagitis of the esophagus, which characterize the disease localization, clinical form, complications. But in medicine, there is another classification — the nature of the changes in the mucous membrane of the body. According to her, the esophagitis is divided into the following types:
Often these lesions occur in the distant (distal) oesophagus, which is bordered by the stomach. This defeat can be attributed to many factors, including local physiological narrowing of diseases of the stomach, the effect of hydrochloric acid on lower esophagus.
Distal catarrhal esophagitis, what is it? In this case, the inflammation of the mucous membrane occurs with severe local reactions such as oedema and hyperemia (redness). Often occurs distal catarrhal esophagitis on the background of insufficiency of the cardia is the lower esophageal sphincter. The reason is the defeat of the esophagus with hydrochloric acid of the stomach due to problems with the lower esophageal sphincter. Sometimes this variant of the disease appears in acute viral infections, gastritis caused by bacteria.
Hemorrhagic variant of the disease manifests specific local inflammatory reaction, which develops in many infectious processes in the body. A typical example of infection is typhus and epidemic typhus.
Often the corrosive agent are so pronounced, that in addition to the usual inflammation on the esophagus appear multiple areas of mucosal tissue defects (erosions). When combined erosive lesion of the lower esophagus with weakening of the lower circular muscles tell about the distal erosive reflux esophagitis. If the disease is left untreated, the defects can become more deep, ulcers.
With a weakened immune system and effects on the body severe infection can occur extremely rare inflammation of the esophagus necrotic esophagitis.
The cure is distal esophagitis
As already revealed some inflammation of the esophagus develop as a result of expressed viral or bacterial infections. That the treatment was not only symptomatic, and the most effective, you need to try to find out the cause of the disease. The impact on it will lead to recovery and absence of complications.
In bacterial infection the mainstay of treatment, antibiotic drug, the choice of which depends on the sensitivity of organism to antibiotics.
Catarrhal distal reflux esophagitis developed as a result of the transfer of viral diseases requires the use of immunostimulatory substances and antiviral drugs.
That includes the treatment of distal esophagitis?
- As the lower esophagus it often involves hydrochloric acid, in the treatment plan it is important to include drugs that reduce the level of acidity. A quick but temporary effect in this regard have antacids. Their prescribed weekly rate.
- Stabilize the acidity level of the esophagus and stomach blockers H2-histamine receptors and proton pump inhibitors.
- Chronic distal reflux esophagitis require a specific therapy, destination of substances that protect the lining of the esophagus and stomach, reduces acidity and thus is not absorbed. Well with such features to cope alginates.
- Important role in the treatment of the disease is complete elimination of provoking inflammation factors. These include medicines, leading to inflammation of the mucous membrane of the esophagus: some kinds of antibiotic pills, anti-inflammatory agents and hormonal therapy.
- If the distal superficial esophagitis doctors recommend to use substances that improve local protection: this herbal decoctions, Solkoseril, sea buckthorn oil.
- We must not forget about diet. She plays a key role in the prevention and treatment of diseases in acute and chronic distal esophagitis. Classically when the first symptoms of illness excluded from the diet spicy extractives, heavy food, alcohol and sweet food.
Appearance, manifestation and treatment of the mucosa of the distal esophagus is a little different from normal inflammation of the body. It is a chronic process that occurs more frequently when problems with the stomach and the lower esophageal sphincter. How to get rid of it forever? Proper nutrition, medical observation and treatment which led to his illness — an important prerequisite to the stabilization process.