Frequent belching: causes, how to get rid of
Causes of frequent belching
Diseases of the upper digestive system are always accompanied by unpleasant symptoms. Nausea, pain, a feeling of acid or bitterness in your mouth — not the most heavy of their manifestation. There are those that cause inconvenience not only to the suffering people, but the people around him.
An example is frequent belching. The reasons why it appears and how to solve the problem?
Natural causes burping
The reason for frequent belching can be not only some pathological process in the body, sometimes it is a normal physiological phenomenon that does not need to concern yourself about.
But sometimes belching can be the result of improper eating. The digestive processes are slow. In the period of receipt of food in the body starts a cascade of mechanisms leading subsequently to processing of products. You cannot speed up this process, it leads to imbalance. During rapid eating swallowed air bubbles that enter the stomach and cause discomfort. But not only rapid eating is a cause of regurgitation.
- Food on the move, while running or playing sports.
- Frequent belching after eating can be a result of the use of substandard food, leading to increased flatulence.
- Acidic foods, spicy seasonings cause excess secretion of gastric juice and hydrochloric acid, which belch and heartburn.
- The consumption of carbonated beverages, including alcoholic is causing this unpleasant symptom.
The causes of burping in children
Persistent regurgitation — regurgitation in children under one year of age. Immediately after birth the child’s body has not yet adapted to the surrounding conditions. Internal organs not fully formed. The first blow falls on the digestive system, because it is the most actively involved.
Why belching happens often at this age? Eating little, lying, and, consequently, digestive system is under load. To be exact, some of its departments — sphincter or circular muscle at the junction between the esophagus and the stomach. It has not yet fully closes the passage between these bodies, so the excess revenues all excess milk out when the baby spits up.
Another reason — a newborn baby is not able to properly measured to drink. Often it happens that he swallowed along with liquid air. Excessive fumes subsequently causes bloating and stomach pain the baby. Therefore, pediatricians recommend new parents to keep your child upright after eating for 10-15 minutes. Burping in this case, it is the result of protection in the digestive system from unwanted consequences.
The causes of burping due to diseases of the digestive system
If you completely exclude all of the above processes, frequent belching air — the result of improper working of the digestive system. Causes are diseases of the upper digestive system. Here are the most common ones.
- First disease in the list, accompanied by such symptoms is GERD (or gastroesophageal reflux disease). When such pathology is the disrupted lower esophageal sphincter, which was mentioned earlier, and there is a reflux of stomach contents back into the esophagus. People complain of heartburn and regurgitation shortly after eating.
- Also evident cardiac achalasia — a disease in which the esophageal sphincter loses its ability to relax during swallowing. This process is accompanied by vomiting and pain during eating.
- The reason for frequent belching air stomach trouble. During the next exacerbation of chronic gastritis belching occurs along with pain, nausea and vomiting, symptoms of heartburn, weakness. Symptoms most pronounced if the inflamed mucosa of several divisions of the stomach.
- Peptic ulcer in addition to specific pain is manifested by belching.
- Dyspeptic variant of chronic pancreatitis. Its symptoms include the above. In addition to it the person concerned about the loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, excessive salivation.
The main reason any of these processes — improper diet:
How to get rid of frequent belching
First you need to exclude all possible diseases that lead to such a manifestation. Minimal inspection, which does not exhibit any of the above diagnoses — fibrogastroduodenoscopy.
Find out why concerned about frequent belching, you can safely begin to deal with it. The recipe is simple — get rid of the reasons for its occurrence.
- If the basis of the process was incorrect nutrition should talk with a gastroenterologist and dietitian.
- Young mothers don’t need to worry for the first year if the baby often spits up. If the symptom is observed later — you need to consult with your pediatrician.
- The fight against disease, leading to frequent belching. It is important to understand that any of the diseases of the digestive system is not treated within two to three days, it sometimes takes several weeks or even months.
Sometimes to push a person’s thoughts on the cause of health problems, you need only communicate with a specialist. If the first steps towards your health not brought result it is the reason for seeking treatment.