GERD diet: what you can eat sample menu
Diet for GERD
The main point in getting rid of any disease process of the gastrointestinal tract is the observance of diet and choosing the right products. Diseases of the digestive system in the initial stages can be easily fixed, adjust your diet.
Diet in GERD is comparable to a miraculous drug that easily can cure people. But in this case, you will need to pass many obstacles to forget about the disease.
Basic principles of nutritional therapy GERD
Often in the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, has the meaning not even the food that eats people, and the foundations of its correct preparation or some peculiarities in the behavior of the individual before or after a meal. As not to hurt the body in the treatment of GERD?
- Food should be varied, need to eat often in small portions, at least 5-6 times a day.
- Do not overeat. It helps the principles of psychology: take a bowl 2 times less usual, dishes must be neutral and cold tones, not to further whet the appetite. Add less salt and spices in dishes.
- In the period of intensive treatment is important to stop aggressive food. First of all, to exclude fried and smoked. Such food negatively affects the damaged mucosa of the esophagus and stomach, irritating it and contributing to the worsening of the disease.
- Should not be sokogonnym products: raw onions and garlic, hot red pepper and other strong spices have long to delete from the diet, store-bought juices also should not be used.
- Another important rule — the last meal should be at least 2 hours before bedtime. At night it is in any case not to go to bed immediately after eating!
- You need to take food in a relaxed environment, chew. Any physical activity after a meal will have to be postponed for at least 1 hour, so as not to provoke the opposite of reflux of food into the esophagus from the stomach.
- Remember! Food in GERD may vary based on the individual preferences of the person.
- In the period of remission (when passed the aggravation and well being has improved significantly) a list of products is growing, but the General principles remain the same.
- Fasting is the direct way for the resumption of heartburn and unbearable chest pain.
Now, let us dwell on this and many other in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease through diet.
Proper diet for GERD
Since ancient times, the basics of proper nutrition in all diseases of the digestive system was incorporated in the diet №5 by Pevsner. In the modern interpretation it sounds as: therapeutic diet «P». It has been designed for maximum rest for the affected organs to the body less energy spent for direct processing of the food. But there are some features of this treatment in GERD. What are they?
Meals in the period of acute steamed, boiled or baked.
- The temperature of the cooked food needs to be at least 15 °C and 60 °C, to avoid spasms of the esophagus.
- In clinical nutrition with GERD are excluded oily and nourishing meals. This diet involves limiting the consumption of fats and crude fiber, as well as mechanical and chemical irritants of the mucous of the esophagus and gastrointestinal tract. Which only contribute to stimulating the secretion of digestive juices and stagnation of food in the stomach.
- Balanced calories food per day includes 80-90 grams of protein 80 grams of fat and 350 carbs. In General, this should meet the 2100-2480 the calories.
- Completely during treatment, exclude any alcoholic beverages.
- Allowed drinking 2-2,5 liters of fluid per day, which exclude strong coffee and tea, concentrated juices, any carbonated drinks (especially painted).
What can I eat with GERD
Combined with strict medical guidelines and some modern concessions in power learn that you can eat with GERD. Some food groups will be considered separately.
Doctors recommend eating lean beef, veal, chicken without the skin. All this is prepared in the form of steam or baked cutlets, quenelle and meatball. You can make a soufflé or loaf. Perfect for a nutritional approach rabbit meat, as it is considered to be low-fat dietary protein, which is well absorbed by the body.
Eggs are allowed to drink in the form of steam omelets and soft-boiled total number of not more than two per day.
Fish is low-fat, well suited:
Of protein dairy products can be eaten the next.
- Fresh low-fat cottage cheese in casseroles or with sour cream.
- Fermented milk products: kefir, sour milk, yoghurt average percentage of fat and only after the main meal, so they are better normalize the gastrointestinal tract.
- Sour cream sour fresh and only used for refueling.
- Milk, both in pure form and in porridge and soup, provided that the body perceives its normal.
Refractory fat, and that beef and pork fat, mutton fat is prohibited. Butter 10-20 g per day. Vegetable oil: corn, olive, sunflower is not more than 20 grams. Do not forget that in many cooked dishes consisting already have a small amount of fat.
Semi-liquid cereals: rice, buckwheat, oats, semolina. Can any noodles and boiled pasta.
The allowed stale wheat bread, but with bran it is better to temporarily exclude.
Diet for gastroesophageal reflux disease includes a large number of vegetables and fruits.
- Raw you can eat greens, carrots, cucumbers, a bit of cabbage soft wheat, tomatoes without skin.
- Potatoes, beets, pumpkin, squash, spinach, fresh green peas, asparagus consumed in the food is better in mash and steam puddings without the crust.
- Fruits and berries soft and sweet boiled, baked, pureed.
Important rule of eating fruits and vegetables in GERD — do not eat raw foods immediately after the main meals. As is known, such food often contributes to the release of large amounts of gastric juice, and this could provoke the appearance of heartburn.
These are really good and loved all the products will have to be reduced to a minimum. They are even in small quantities lead to heartburn and reflux (reflux of food and gastric contents into the esophagus). Leave only the most harmless and in very small amounts.
Sample menu in GERD
How thus to prepare meals, so as not to cause an attack of acute illness and that it was delicious? This sample menu in GERD may be the dietician or the attending physician for the day, week or even for the entire period of treatment without detriment to the mental well-being. During the day you can eat the following dishes.
- Breakfast — pumpkin-potato pudding with cream sauce, and steam scrambled eggs, a Cup of herbal tea with honey and biscuits.
- Lunch — salad with bread, yoghurt and compote.
- Lunch — vegetarian vegetable soup with noodles, rice, chicken baked with vegetables in milk sauce, a Cup of tea with marshmallows.
- Afternoon snack — a pudding or cheese with sour cream, water.
- For dinner you can cook fish in sauce with vegetable salad and bread. You can drink compote.
- Second dinner — a glass of kefir or milk.
It is possible to live in harmony with your body, if you know how to help him in a difficult situation. Any disease is a problem you want to solve minimal effort. Diet is not a disaster, but a real help in the treatment of disease. Not worth it to neglect.