Geranium from Earache — pain in the ear leaf geranium
How to treat ear geraniums?
Ear pain makes the experience extremely unpleasant and painful. Whatever the cause of pain, it has to be removed immediately. Not always immediately turns to visit the doctor in some circumstances, in this case it is necessary to know a few recipes for emergency help.
Geranium from pain in the ear is quite effective, and therefore a common remedy in traditional medicine. Next, let’s talk about this, at first glance a simple potted plant, and how it can be used to eliminate ear pain.
Earache – causes of
Ear pain is a very common symptom that can occur in both adults and children. The development of such pain may occur for the following reasons:
- the development of inflammatory processes in the ears (otitis) or adjacent organs;
- pathology of the nervous system and the auditory nerve;
- destruction of adjacent organs (blood vessels, brain, neck, cavities of the nose and throat);
- neoplastic processes.
Various diseases cause a certain type of pain. It can be shooting, throbbing, pricking or pressing. Often this pain is accompanied by other symptoms. The patient should keep the doctor on admission to the specialist was able to diagnose the disease and prescribe the correct and effective treatment.
Help. Ear pain is not always a sign of disease. It can occur in a healthy person.
The causes of such pain may be the following factors:
- The presence of excess sulfur can cause noise and congestion in the ears. Accumulate in large quantities, it closes the ear canal that leads to the development of discomfort.
- Low production of sulfur – manifested by pain and dryness in the ears.
- A walk in the windy weather — many people celebrate the onset of pain after this time. And all because under the influence of strong wind gusts on the ear shell formed a painful bruise, where the skin of the ear become bluish and sore. This phenomenon takes place independently in time and does not require treatment.
- «Swimmer’s ear» is one of the most common causes of pain in the ear, most often it affects professional swimmers. And all because of the frequent contact of the ear with water, the skin softens and swells, which leads to the development of external otitis.
As we can see, the causes of this painful condition can be varied. And if the pain is provoked by external factors in a healthy person, then she could go herself, but if the reason was, for example, otitis media, then you must consult your doctor.
After that, in addition to traditional medicine can be applied and treatment of ear geraniums. We will understand how to do it right.
Geranium – medication with sill
Geranium or pelargonium – is familiar to many houseplant, eye pleasing lush and beautiful buds, what can be said about the smell. If you lightly RUB the leaf of a flower, you can feel, to put it mildly, a very specific flavor.
In folk medicine geranium is the best remedy for earaches. It is distinguished by its rich composition, each component has its own healing effect and promotes strengthening of the body. Of course, pelargonium can’t completely replace medical treatment, but sometimes can be a viable alternative to antibiotic and analgesics.
The plant has the following effects on the body:
- eliminates inflammation;
- reduces swelling;
- prevents the formation of pus;
- slows the spread of infection.
In addition, pelargonium stimulates the body to natural production of interferons – a special substance that provides a protective functions of the body.
Help. This plant has a special structure, which is more than 500 components that have a positive effect on the body.
Of course, to list all the components, but the main ones are the following:
- Essential oil.
- Vitamins and minerals.
- Organic acids.
- The pectin.
In the ear these substances eliminate the inflammation and prevent the negative activities of infection. Geranium as a natural antibiotic able to reduce the pain, and in some cases completely destroy disease-causing organisms. That is particularly necessary in children, as treatment with synthetic drugs can cause various side effects and to inhibit the operation of protective functions.
How to treat ear geraniums
Alternative medicine is rich in various recipes in which it is an indoor plant used in different forms: teas, tinctures, dry or fresh raw materials.
For otitis media very often put a leaf of geranium in the ear that can effectively eliminate pain caused by the pathology.
For this purpose, only use the fresh leaves.
In addition, there are ways to use this plant from the Earache:
- slurry – leaf geranium need to pound into a homogeneous mass, then wrapped it in a piece of sterile gauze, form it a turundas and invest in the ear canal;
- juice from leaf pulp and squeeze out the juice. The juice is instilled into ear 1-2 drops of pre-heating, as the cold substance can cause harm to the body;
- compresses of gruel or decoction of the fresh leaves to make a compress and apply on the parotid region;
- the whole leaf – as mentioned earlier, especially this method is effective in various types of otitis media. For this purpose a sheet of pelargonium should be washed and dried, then a little RUB with your hands to drain juice. Then roll the leaf into a tube and insert gently into the ear.
Duration of use of the plant are usually depends on the type of material used and the intensity of perceived pain. As a rule, quite enough, and 30 minutes in order to eliminate pain and improve the patient’s condition.
Important! Whichever recipe was not used, in any case, you need to insulate a sore spot that the drug was effective.
As with any drug, the use of leaf geranium from pain in the ear has its caveats.
It is strictly forbidden to experiment with pelargonium in such cases:
- In the period of pregnancy.
- In the presence of chronic somatic pathology.
- When the tendency to allergic reactions and hypersensitivity to the components of the plant.
- At the discharge of purulent masses in large quantities and the presence of blood.
- When rupture or perforation of the eardrum.
- Children’s age
Attention! We should also focus on early childhood. Categorically it is impossible to treat the ears geraniums in children up to 3 years!
Geraniums in the ear – the treatment that can provide very effective, however, before to apply it is to visit a doctor to determine the origin of pain.
Self-treatment can lead to complications, or worse – cause irreparable harm.