Abdominal surgery to remove an ovarian cyst: how is that after
Cyst-this liquid bubble formation on the surface of the ovary, which is not oncological in nature. If on the surface of the ovary produce large quantities of cysts, this disease is called polycystic disease and requires surgical intervention.
Study of ovarian cyst. Their varieties and characteristics
During ovulation on the surface of the ovary bubbles filled with liquid necessary for the best release of the egg. These bubbles do not have a pathological condition and quickly dissipate. If in a woman’s body there is an imbalance, it can lead to the formation of other forms bubbles-cysts. An ovarian cyst is in the nature of benign tumors. Cause the formation of cysts on the surface of the ovary following factors:
- hormonal disturbances in the body;
- obesity and diabetes;
- complications of pregnancy or infertility, caused by pathogenic factors.
Disease, often asymptomatic, and in the initial stages responds well to medical treatment.
Types of tumors
Like any other abnormal growths in the body, the cysts have different etymology and structure:
- Follicular-education, the most common. Is formed in place of the follicle-the Mature cells needed for ovulation and reinterpreted in a bubble cystic neoplasm. Such a cyst in an amount not to exceed five inches and located within the ovary. Symptoms manifested lower basal body temperature, sharp pains in lower abdomen, bloating and pressing pain in inguinal region.
- Dermoid or another generally accepted term is a teratoma. It is a benign tumor of the connective tissue and the structure does not differ from other forms of cysts is a bubble filled with purulent fluid, has an oval shape and leg large long. Most often this type of cyst is common among young women (differentiation of ovarian cells during embryogenesis) and girls (during puberty, when hormonal surges provoke excessive activity). Diagnosed teratoma small size bad, a doctor may not see its presence on ultrasound and gynecological examination, so if the cyst does not cause discomfort and pain is absent, the patient may quite a long time unaware of the tumor.
- Endometrioid-bubbles with thin walls, filled with brown liquid. Can be located on the wall of the ovary, and beyond. In diameter reaches its maximum size, equal to twelve inches. Due to the thin walls rupture and the release of cystic fluid into the abdominal cavity makes this type of tumors one of the most dangerous. The patient feels endometriodnoy cyst after implementation of the gap and comes the initial stage of peritonitis, characterized by a syndrome of acute abdomen.
- Yellow body-this type of neoplasm bubble character is formed on the site of follicle rupture with minor blood. In a diagnosable and amenable to the treatment of the yellow body has a size of from three to ten centimetres, rarely reaches a large size to twenty centimeters. The presence of cysts of the corpus luteum on the ovary is not dangerous even during pregnancy, is much more dangerous than rupture of the nodule and its subsequent rebirth in a bubble of purulent infiltration.
Diagnosing ovarian cyst in its various stages and varieties using a research ultrasound and primary gynecological examination. The study can only be done by a gynecologist. At the initial stage, during gynecological examination, the doctor assesses the state of the appendages and the presence of pain. After that, the doctor prescribes the patient the ultrasound study, in which you can obtain a clear clinical picture of the lesion and to diagnose the type of cyst and its location. Next, the doctor prescribes the appropriate type of education treatment.
Diagnostics for the presence of ovarian tumors is carried out in sequence:
Only after a proper and thorough diagnosis, the doctor may prescribe appropriate specific tumor treatment.
Major surgery for ovarian cyst removal. Testimony. Contraindications. Features
Ovarian cyst develops as a consequence of hormonal variations in a woman’s body. For a long time the disease may pass asymptomatic, but may have conversely extensive symptoms with pronounced pain syndrome. If cystic lesion does not cause any inconvenience and does not increase in size, it is subjected to medical treatment. If the tumor the tumor interferes with the function of internal organs increase in size, and has strong pain, when the doctor prescribes removal of tumors of the operational method.
There are several ways to remove the cysts:
- laparoscopic method is mainly used for the planned removal of tumors;
- the recessed method is used for emergency intervention and removal of the cyst (this method is most effective, as it allows the doctor to better address and remove benign node).
The indication for laparotomy
If there are a number of indications to carrying out of a major surgery, the doctor immediately assigns laboratory and ultrasound studies, to clearly see the clinical picture of the disease. Abdominal surgery for ovarian cyst removal is performed on an emergency basis if:
- have to be diagnosed apoplexy-rupture of the walls of the bubble and slosh of cystic fluid into the abdominal cavity;
- twisting or breakage of the leg which is one of the cysts;
- inflammation of the cyst and further suppuration, which may entail rupture and after contact with purulent infiltration in the peritoneal cavity;
- the sharp increase in the size of the cyst from four to ten centimeters;
- possible degeneration of ovarian cysts malignant tumor is cancerous in nature.
Abdominal surgery to remove the cyst, like any operation has a number of contraindications. Among the known contraindications include:
- hemophilia and other blood disorders;
- high blood pressure;
- diabetes mellitus;
- conditions that approach pre-stroke and pre-stroke conditions;
- infection and pathology of the respiratory tract;
- malignant tumours and neoplasms of the genitourinary system.
Surgery to remove ovarian cysts abdominal method is performed using General anesthesia and requires a mandatory list of tests for an accurate assessment of the health status of the patient and to prevent possible postoperative complications. During surgery in the lower abdomen of the patient an incision is made through which the affected ovary is retracted, then the doctor removes the cyst and stitches the damaged part of the ovary. Further cosmetic stitches. If the patient is observed intra-abdominal bleeding, short-term (one to two days) put a chest tube to drain blood and fluid. The operation is related to the category of simple and lasts no more than forty minutes.
Abdominal surgery type, the most effective in the treatment of kestose, as help the doctor to gain full access to the affected ovary and to arrest the lesion.
Rehabilitation in the postoperative period is within one to two weeks and in the absence of internal bleeding and suppuration, the doctor prescribes the patient subsequent hormonal therapy.