Adnexitis in women: symptoms and treatment
Unfortunately, not all women are aware of the fact that the gynecological diseases can lead to tragic consequences. To all this, any disease has unpleasant symptoms, which cause pain and discomfort. One of such ailments include adnexitis in women.
The reasons for the development of the disease
Many patients scary the diagnosis. Therefore, it is important to understand what adnexitis in women and what are the symptoms of its manifestation.
In medicine adnexitis is another name for “oophoritis”. Translated into Russian salpingitis means inflamed fallopian tubes, oophoritis tells about the inflammatory process that occurs in the ovaries.
But what is this disease? Adnexitis refers to diseases of the reproductive organs of the female, in which the pathological process occurs in the uterus, that is, in the ovaries and the fallopian tubes. In gleams of fluid accumulates purulent character.
The beginning of the inflammation adnexitis in women begins with penetration of bacteria into the mucosa of the fallopian tubes, where there is a gradual involvement of muscle serous layer. After that the inflammatory process passes to the nearby tissues in the integumentary epithelium of the ovary and pelvic peritoneum. When the process of ovulation, the infection penetrates into the ruptured follicle or the corpus luteum develops in the ovary. As a result, the ovary and fallopian tube are sealed to form a single inflammatory conglomerate. This leads to the development of adhesive processes, which limit the patency of the fallopian tubes.
The main reasons for the development of the disease considered:
- the ingested bacteria and germs in the form of the aureus, gonococcus, tuberculosis or E. coli, chlamydia;
- the presence of intrauterine device;
- the presence of sexual relations with several men;
- unprotected sex;
- sex during menstruation without contraception;
- diseases of the female genital organs;
- a weakened immune function;
- the frequent occurrence of stressful situations;
- difficult labor;
- injury to internal organs;
- failure to comply with hygiene standards.
Symptoms of the disease
Adnexitis has two nature of the flow: acute and chronic.
The main symptoms of acute adnexitis considered:
- elevated body temperature thirty-nine degrees;
- the manifestation of the chills;
- pain in the groin area;
- the increase of the appendages on one or both sides;
- when polerowanie the patient may feel a sharp pain type;
- the appearance of bloody or purulent discharge from the cervix;
- the manifestation of nausea or vomiting.
If you do not start timely treatment of acute adnexitis, the disease will develop into chronic type, or will start very serious complications. The healing process is taking medication that lasts long enough.
The main symptoms of chronic adnexitis considered:
- constant pain dull character at the bottom of the abdomen, their reinforcement occurs when peregrujennie or hypothermia;
- the menstrual cycle, secretions during menstruation becomes less.
- elevated body temperature, which could take up to seven days;
- lowering craving for sex.
If you’re also experiencing chronic adnexitis disorders of the digestive functions and urinary system. The manifestation of recurrences develop neuroses, lowering of capacity for work and the appearance of conflicts in the family.
If the patient ignores the signs of the disease, chronic adnexitis leads to serious complications:
- ectopic pregnancy or spontaneous abortion;
- disruption of the ovaries, which in turn leads to menstrual cycle;
- the formation of infiltrates;
- the emergence of periodicity;
- the formation of adhesive processes;
- obstruction of pipes;
- manifestations of chronic colitis, cholecystitis, or pyelonephritis.
Types of adnexitis
The disease is divided into several types:
- A right-hand adnexitis. The inflammatory process occurs in the ovaries and the fallopian tube on the right side. Painful sensations similar to the manifestation of appendicitis.
- Left-sided adnexitis. Is characterized by the occurrence of the inflammatory process in the left ovary and fallopian tube. In this situation the symptoms are similar to colitis.
- Bilateral adnexitis. The inflammatory process occurs in two appendages. The patient feels severe pain in the stomach area, which is given in the anus and vagina. If a woman there is a bilateral adnexitis, such a state is considered dangerous. The manifestation of the first signs you need to go to the doctor.
Bilateral adnexitis refers to inflammation that affects the appendages on both sides. It begins to develop in the fallopian tubes, and then goes to the ovaries.
The symptoms of bilateral adnexitis considered:
- Raising the temperature of the body.
- Sharp pain in the area.
- Strong deterioration of the General condition of the body. There is a noticeable tiredness and dizziness. Possible manifestation of nausea and vomiting due to indigestion.
- Crashing in the menstrual cycle. During menstruation, a woman feels very uncomfortable.
In medicine it is accepted to allocate three basic forms of bilateral adnexitis:
- Sharp. At this stage, the symptoms are very bright.
- Subacute. Stage is intermediate.
- Chronic. The criteria become periodic in nature.
Chronic periadnexal: symptoms
Chronic periadnexal is considered one of the complications goes untreated adnexitis. The risk groups include those patients who:
- subjected to frequent exposure to cold;
- suffer from other diseases of the genital organs;
- have surgery on the appendages as a result of inflammatory process.
The main features include:
- the periodic rise of body temperature;
- the occurrence of dizziness;
- manifestations of General weakness and prostration;
- painful feeling in the abdomen;
- severe menstruation.
Sex when periadnexal chronic nature can result in the emergence of a severe attack of pain. It becomes difficult to exercise. It is a violation of the menstrual cycle, and the nature of the discharge changes periodically.
Diagnosis of the disease
To avoid unpleasant consequences, you need to immediately contact a doctor. Based on the complaints, the doctor performs a pelvic examination and appoints an examination. It includes:
- The blood General and biochemical analysis. Allows to reveal a leukocytosis and the presence of protein.
- An ultrasound diagnosis. Using this method the doctor can determine the size and condition of the ovaries.
- Conducting a laparoscopy. This method of research is carried out in situations if there are difficulties in accurate diagnosis.
- The conduct of the hysterosalpingography. Allows you to determine patency of the fallopian tubes.
Treatment of adnexitis
The use of a medical technique if adnexitis is treatment with broad-spectrum antibiotics. In this case the prescription of antibacterial agents attending physician takes into account the susceptibility of infection. The dosage is chosen so that the maximum concentration was at the site of inflammation. During the course of the disease severe character together with antibiotics are prescribed antimicrobial drugs.
Often when adnexitis prescribed antibacterial agents that belong to the group:
- The imidazole;
If there is severe intoxication, the patient is prescribed the introduction of reopoliglyukina and five percent glucose solution. Definitely the main treatment is the use of vitamin complexes, immunostimulatory drugs, antihistamines and pain medications. In acute adnexitis is recommended to apply cold to the suprapubic area.
With laparoscopy it is possible not only to detect the location of the inflammatory process, but also to carry out remedial measures in the form of irrigation of the fallopian tubes with antibiotic solution, separation of commissural processes, elimination of purulent fluid from the abdominal cavity.
Also the treatment of local character by introducing into the vagina or rear opening of candles in the form of Poliginaks. Excellent anti-inflammatory and analgesic property and are rectal suppositories in the form of Diclofenac or Voltaren.
The patient is recommended to introduce in the vagina a tampon with honey, aloe Vera juice, tea tree oil, infusion of medicinal herbs. Is inside they have no more than six hours. As a compress, you can use creams and oils of calendula and juniper.
Treatment of chronic adnexitis
If a woman is observed adnexitis chronic nature, the treatment is:
- the elimination of the inflammatory process;
- the destruction of the pain;
- strengthening the immune function;
- the resumption of the functions of the genital organs;
- normalization of the endocrine and nervous systems.
Also in chronic adnexitis shown physiotherapy in the form of UHF, ultrasound, electrophoresis, mud therapy, use of paraffin and foot baths with mineral water. In addition, use of irrigation of the vagina and herbal tampons.
In some situations if adnexitis is acute or chronic, surgical intervention. Procedure is prescribed in cases when:
- there is a gap of pyosalpinx;
- there is no effect from medication treatment and laparoscopic surgery;
- observed diffuse inflammation in the abdominal cavity.
If the progression of the pathological process of the appendages were deformed or changed, make their removal.
The manifestation of adnexitis refers to the unpleasant phenomena. But the disease did not bother the woman, you need to follow some simple advice. These include:
- compliance with hygienic measures;
- the wearing of underwear, consisting of natural materials;
- a regular sexual partner;
- annual preventive examinations by a gynecologist;
- the use of condoms to avoid infection.
Many diseases are known gynecology, adnexitis is not the exception. This disease does not apply to fatal diseases, but can lead to serious complications. To avoid this, the first signs immediately go to the doctor. With timely treatment, the disease outcome is favorable. But there are running a situation where the appendages and the uterus is removed. Such a process can lead to complete infertility and use of hormone replacement therapy.