Boil on labia how to treat
Boil on labia inflammatory disease that is accompanied by quite unpleasant symptoms. The development of this condition may contribute to various factors. In the event of boil should not be treated independently, but should seek medical assistance.
What is it and how does
A boil is an inflammation of the hair follicle (follicle), close to the sebaceous glands and surrounding tissues. It can occur on any area of skin including the vulva (large labia lips), on the pubis, in the perineum. In men, the lesions formed on the skin of the penis. In people, this condition is often found under the names boil or chiry. Multiple boils are called furunculosis.
Not to be confused with the boil carbuncle – purulent inflammation, affecting the inner layers of the skin and subcutaneous fat.
The development of boils there are several sequentially successive stages. At the initial stage in the region of labia there’s a little swelling, there is a slight itching. The area of the skin, which formed the focus of inflammation, becomes red and swollen. This phase usually lasts 3 – 5 days.
In the next stage, the boil gives the greatest concern. Suppuration occurs, and formed necrotic core, consisting of pus (dead cells). The boil becomes purple-reddish color, and in its center there is a white dot. This period is characterized by:
- Pain in the inflammatory focus, which dramatically increases with pressure.
- Feeling of fullness in the vagina.
- Swelling of the labia.
- Difficulties when making the usual movements.
- The increase in body temperature (sometimes more than 38°C).
- Weakness and deterioration in General health.
In more severe situations, increase located near the inguinal lymph nodes.
During the third stage, the furuncle independently opened and its contents comes out. After pain and swelling are reduced.
There comes a stage of recovery, which lasts for 8 – 12 days. During this period, the wound surface healing. During hygiene procedures or treatment which revealed inflammation antiseptic a woman may experience tingling or tingling in the genital area.
Reason: why is there a boil
Boils are formed under the influence of bacterial infection, and most often they are caused by Staphylococcus aureus. The development of ulcer contributes to a number of factors. These include:
- Reduced immune defense.
- The hypovitaminosis.
- Lack of good hygiene.
- Violation of metabolic processes.
- Hypothermia, and in more rare cases, overheating of the body.
- Cuts that occur during shaving, or any other damage in the groin area.
- Chronic infectious disease.
- Lower wearing synthetic underwear.
- Pregnancy (hormonal changes and reduced immunity during gestation).
How to treat?
Depending on the stage of the inflammatory process and its accompanying symptoms are medication therapy or surgery.
In the first stage, when purulent rod has not yet formed, and the abscess soon formed, used conservative methods. Specialist may prescribe ointment to the affected area, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial drugs.
When the inside of the boil is formed necrotic core, you will need surgical treatment. During the operation local anesthesia is used, so the pain will be minimal.
The doctor reveals an inflammatory lesion and remove purulent mass. The wound is treated with antiseptic and covered with gauze. In order to speed up the healing process, can be used physical treatments such as:
- Ultrahigh-frequency therapy;
- Infrared irradiation.
Physiotherapy is carried out within 7 – 10 days after removal of the purulent content of the inflammatory focus.
If you experience signs of furuncle need in the near future to go to the doctor. After the last inspection will determine how to treat existing pathology. If there chiry localization of the labia, it is strictly forbidden to open it yourself.
What else should I know
It is not necessary to squeeze it or mechanically damage the surface of the boil (e.g., needle knife), even after treatment with antiseptic. This can lead to the penetration of infectious agents into the bloodstream and complications up to and abscess.
When a boil is opened itself, the purulent contents should be carefully removed. After the wound surface to be treated with hydrogen peroxide and apply a bandage. Antiseptic measures should be implemented to heal the damaged skin.
You shouldn’t use antibiotics. To assign these funds should only doctor.
When you extrude, the failure to comply with antiseptics or improper treatment of a furuncle may develop complications. In the groin area is a huge number of blood vessels, which promotes rapid spread of infection.
Complications inflammation of the hair follicle include:
- The furunculosis. In this state many forms of boils, which are at different stages of development;
- Cellulitis (purulent process in the subcutaneous tissue, which is not restrictive of the capsule);
- Lymphadenitis (inflammation of lymph nodes often inguinal);
- Phlebitis (inflammation of the walls of veins);
- Peritonitis is an inflammatory process involving the peritoneum. The latter is a thin membrane, it lines the inside of the abdominal cavity and covers the outside of her body;
- Sepsis — the penetration of infectious agents into the General circulation with the development of inflammatory reactions throughout the body.
If the boils in the groin area are formed quite often, we can reduce the likelihood of their occurrence helps to change the usual diet. Required to observe the following rules:
- Food must be fractional: more frequent, but smaller portions;
- You should avoid fatty, smoked is too salty and fried foods;
- It is important to eat less sweets, breads and pastries;
- The diet should include plenty of dairy products, vegetables and fruits.
If the boils appear on the background of epilating with a razor, it is recommended to choose another way of getting rid of unwanted hair. In the case where this is not possible, it is important to conduct a thorough treatment of cuts with antiseptics.
Great importance has personal intimate hygiene. You should choose underwear made from natural fabrics, and it should not be tight.
When these methods do not help, it is important to consult a specialist and undergo extended examination. This will help to identify the cause of frequent occurrence of boils, after which if necessary will be prescribed treatment.
Conclusion: a plan of action when you boil
As soon as the first signs of boil, it is important to immediately consult a doctor. Then it is necessary to strictly comply with all its recommendations. Not necessary to treat this pathology. Squeeze a boil or break it open in the home prohibited in the opposite case, significantly increases the risk of dangerous complications.