Breast ultrasound: preparing for the study
Ultrasound examination of the mammary glands, what is the procedure, how often she needed to go, to whom, in what period and at what age? In recent years, the level of breast diseases has increased tenfold. The reason for this late detection of the disease and later initiation of treatment in 80% of cases leads to irreversible consequences.
Ultrasound examination of the breast is a study of the chest to determine the disease at an early stage. For the timely detection of pathology shown:
- the breast exam medical breast;
- x-ray mammography;
- ultrasound breast – ultrasound.
Mandatory annual preventive examination by a doctor mammologist. If necessary, the doctor prescribes ultrasound or a mammogram.
Why you need a yearly check-up ultrasound
The annual session of the procedure, ultrasound will detect:
- Fibrocystic breast disease;
- The presence of tumors and tumors in the tissues;
- To detect small education, which on palpation is impossible to determine.
Any changes in the breast require immediate ultrasound scan. In individual cases, the ultrasound procedure can be done again in six months or in three months. It all depends on the availability and development of specific diseases.
Why girls girls and Teens it is advisable to conduct ultrasound and not x-rays of the breast? The fact that Breasts are composed of glandular tissue and adipose tissue. At such a young age prevails in the breast glandular tissue, which for x-rays is considered to be too dense.
With regard to diagnostic ultrasound, ultrasound diagnosis for breast patients at such a young age the glandular tissue is not a hindrance. For young girls, girls and adolescents, more effective diagnosis by means of ultrasonography.
Ultrasound is a safe and effective method of diagnosis of diseases of the chest.
Modern ultrasonic diagnostics allows to detect and identify various breast diseases at an early stage to prevent serious breast disease. In modern clinics for ultrasound use the most modern installation of the latest generation that allows you to explore the state of the Breasts as blood flow.
Why the doctor prescribes ultrasound
The main indicators to conduct diagnostic ultrasound:
- when a woman complains about the appearance of seals in the chest;
- when visible redness of the skin breast;
- when there is pain in the breast;
- when it is necessary to undergo a preventive examination of mammary gland with the purpose to identify, tumors or other pathology;
- when the patient is under medical supervision in other diseases.
Preparing for the breast ultrasound simple:
- Before beginning study procedures ultrasound of the breast examined by a doctor.
- Defining the area need investigation, the doctor prepares for his study.
- Inspect the surface of the breast is smeared with a special gel and ultrasound transducer doctor consistently inspects and examines the structure of tissue of the organ under investigation.
When is research
What day to hold an ultrasound to get the most accurate results of the study? The most effective ultrasonic scanning it is possible to obtain only if all the conditions:
- Ultrasound examination of the breast in women of reproductive age conducted in the first phase of the menstrual cycle (5 – 7 day).
- Women with menopause ultrasound is performed at any time.
The advantage of ultrasound
Ultrasound technique has its obvious advantages:
- Diagnosis of ultrasound is performed mainly modern machines with a good framing of the image, allowing you to quickly and accurately determine the localization of pathological process, tissue structure of cancer.
- In special cases using 3D-ultrasound– ultrasound allows diagnosis of the studied organ in a three-dimensional image. 3D ultrasound research method often used for detection of various pathologies of the fetus during pregnancy, rather than for inspection of the mammary glands. But there are exceptions, and only with the help of 3D ultrasound it is possible to make a correct diagnosis.
- An ultrasound procedure is carried out only by qualified specialists sound diagnosis.
- Ultrasound is safe and painless procedure.
- Ultrasound requires no special preparation for inspection.
- Diagnosis ultrasound examination is very fast. To obtain a complete picture of the state breast only 10 – 15 minutes and the same time, so the doctor was able to contribute data in the form of research results.
- 20 minutes after beginning the procedure, the patient receives a Protocol breast ultrasound for further treatment or additional diagnostics.
After receiving the ultrasound results, the transcript of which shows that women avoid the error requires re-examination, the doctor prescribes additional ultrasound after 3 – 6 months after the first inspection.
Unfortunately, ultrasound has flaws. The diagnosis depends on the experience and care of the physician, notice whether he during the procedure pathology. Often recommend re-examination of the other, more experienced and reputable doctor.
Ultrasound has no contraindications to carrying out, as it is considered harmless invasive method for diagnosing diseases of the breast.