Breech presentation of the fetus during pregnancy
In the later stages when the fetus is already formed, and the uterus, which was his real home all these months, is getting close. Between the 27th – 32nd week, the child turns and takes a proper head presentation. But some babies can not change position and thus are born the legs or the pelvis forward. What are the risks of breech presentation the fetus and can it be fixed?
To understand the problem, you should understand some obstetric terms. When talking about the baby in the womb, using such concepts:
- longitudinal (axis of fetus and uterus are the same);
- transverse (the baby is across the axis of the uterus);
- oblique (baby is in oblique line);
- precarious (position of the fetus is constantly changing).
- head (head of the fetus toward the entrance to the pelvis);
- pelvic (to the entrance to the pelvis facing the pelvic end of the fetus).
A compound presentation can be occipital, Prednisolonum, frontal and facial.
- I position (back of the fetus facing to the left wall of the uterus);
- II position (back of the fetus is facing to the right wall of the uterus).
- front (back of the fetus facing to the front wall of the uterus);
- rear (back of the fetus toward the rear wall of the uterus).
Finally, the position of the fetus formed by 32 weeks. Before this time any conclusions too early. The best option for a newborn is a front view of the occipital previa. In this position the birth takes place much faster and without unnecessary injury.
To detect this kind of presentation is possible by means of ultrasound or on examination. Independent childbirth is possible, although the cause certain complications.
Breech presentation is:
- the gluteal.
The main causes of malposition of the baby are:
- excess amniotic fluid or the lack of them;
- hyperactivity of the child;
- pregnancy several fruits (in twins one of the kids is often in breech).
Ways of dealing breech presentation
With timely detection of the problem to the child will help to take the right position exercises, which you can pick up with the help of a specialist, or to find options exercises and video lessons in the network. Of the unusual methods of release:
- self-hypnosis (to help make the position of the child with photo, music, light, etc.);
- visits to the pool (only in the absence of contraindications).
If the exercises do not bring effect and the child refuses to roll over, and come to the aid of the gynecologist who will perform the procedure turn at the last weeks of pregnancy. The procedure is safe, there is only a small risk of detachment of the placenta. If the doctor fails to turn the fetus, it remains to wait for the generic process.
Wrong presentation – a direct indication for caesarean section, but not for all women. Bear by self is possible if:
- pregnancy is full-term (37 weeks or more), without complications;
- the child’s weight more than 3600 g;
- the size of the pelvis of the mother in the normal range;
- there is no uterine scar No.
- no pathology of fetus.
At the beginning of the natural childbirth contractions should be held lying in a horizontal position to the water is not moved ahead of time and did not fall out of the leg of a fetus. The process of ejection is quick in order to avoid lack of oxygen to the fetus, if the head suddenly permanently stuck inside. To do this, in the perineum of the mother make the cut and put on a drip with painkillers.
Children born in this way in the wrong presentation that need special attention. Also these children can be sprains or injuries of the external genitalia.