Camphor oil: instructions for use
Camphor oil is a suspension consisting of refined sunflower oil and crystalline camphor powder. An oil solution (10%) used for therapeutic purposes to eliminate muscle pain, improve blood circulation, enhance the metabolic processes in the tissues, prevention of venous stasis. Camphor is present in many cosmetic products, but the most popular is camphor oil. Instruction manual indicates a pronounced clinical effect in the local application of the drug.
Indications for use
The main component of the preparation is camphor, which has a stimulating effect on the Central nervous system, is an active stimulant of the circulatory and respiratory systems. The irritating action of camphor oil on the skin due to the action of its constituent molecules of oxygen that possess a high oxidation potential.
Active substance destroys the cell membrane of pathogenic microorganisms causing inflammation in the body. Camphor has a positive effect on the heart muscle (myocardium).
Indication for prescription of camphor oil are diseases such as:
- chronic cardiovascular disease;
- infectious-inflammatory diseases of reproductive organs;
Camphor has a positive effect when intoxication: food products, chemical compounds, drugs (narcotic and hypnotic). Oil camphor essential tool with a sharp drop in blood pressure.
Numerous reviews of women illustrate the effective use of camphor oil to stop lactation in the period of weaning the child from the breast. This tool gynecologists also recommended in the case of abortion in late term for cessation of milk production the breast glands. For this purpose, camphor is used in the form of applications to the breast (2-3 times a day) until the complete cessation of lactation.
Camphor oil when pregnancy used with caution due to the high irritant to skin and subcutaneous tissue.
Therapeutic baths with an oily solution of camphor may be applied for the correction of disorders of the menstrual cycle, eliminate pain in the form of premenstrual syndrome, as well as in diseases such as:
- cervical erosion;
- infectious-inflammatory processes in organs of small pelvis;
- salpingitis and oophoritis.
Tampons with camphor oil injected deep into the vagina at night. Treatment should be performed after menstruation in order to achieve the desired effect. The swabs are made of gauze turundae, soaked with 10% camphor oil.
Pregnant women are not recommended to use oil tampons with camphor due to the irritating action on the mucous membrane of the vagina and cervix. Camphor oil for external use pregnant women use only after consulting a gynecologist.
The independent use of medicines is threatened by the emergence of complications in the form of increased tone of the uterus, allergic reactions (urticaria), spasms, excitation of the Central nervous system.
Camphor oil in mastitis
Popular drug in the treatment of mastitis. Camphor oil when mastitis is used to lubricate the breast and gentle massage. The penetration of the natural component in the subcutaneous tissue stimulates the flow of lymph, improves blood circulation, prevents venous stasis.
However, the use of camphor in women with mastopathy without prior consultation of a physician is unacceptable. Any structural changes in the breast that require attention, so the doctor adjusts the treatment regimen after preliminary examination of the body.
Severe allergic reaction, pain, increase of size on the change in discharge from the nipples require the termination of the use of medications and transition to a different treatment regimen prescribed by your doctor.
Oily solution oil applied to the breast or it is impregnated with medicament wipes. The procedure is preferably carried out before bedtime.
Camphor oil is also used in combination with other natural components:
- A good therapeutic effect has camphor in combination with oil of celandine. For its preparation it is necessary to melt 1 tablespoon of butter and mix with 1 teaspoon of celandine herbs, crushed into powder. Connect the oil in a 1:1 ratio. The resulting suspension applied on gauze or linen napkins to applique on the chest. The therapy is designed for a course of 7-10 treatments.
- A similar effect has camphor oil in combination with a powder of mistletoe or mother and stepmother. Treatment slurry is prepared in a similar way.
- If this (2 tsp) add 1 tbsp honey and 2 tbsp of flour, you can prepare a healing pellet, which is applied to the patient’s breast within 10 days (preferably at night).
- Lubricate the breast camphor oil can be combined with ointment Apilak in the ratio 1:1.
- Flax seeds contain lignin, which, in combination with camphor oil has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant action. The cooked mash (1 tablespoon of seeds to 100 ml of water) add 1 teaspoon of camphor oil and the resulting slurry is impregnated wipes for applications. Oil can be replaced camphor alcohol in the same proportion. Mash lubricate the patient’s chest with light massage movements. The course of therapy in average of 2 weeks.
Homeopathy does not replace the traditional treatment of mastitis. The herbal medicinal products used symptomatic only after consultation with your doctor.
As with any medicine, camphor has contraindications:
- seizures(including epilepsy)
- dizziness of unknown origin;
- heart palpitations;
- insufficient milk supply in women in lactation period;
- open wounds;
- infectious and inflammatory processes on the skin;
- individual sensitivity to the camphor.
Such concentration of camphor contain such drugs as:
- Eye drops;
- Camphor ointment;
These funds in combination with other natural components which operate more smoothly, they can be used for rubbing into painful, congested areas of the body in the absence of contraindications.
Camphor in alcohol solution acts more aggressive than ointment or camphor oil. However, the instruction manual provides a similar pattern of use.
Camphor oil has a sufficient therapeutic effect when properly applied according to the indications and recommendations of a physician. Caution in the use of and compliance with the dosing regimen to prevent the risk of possible complications.