Candles for the treatment of cervical erosion
Cervical erosion is one of the most common diseases in gynecological practice. For the treatment of this disease apply conservative and surgical methods. The choice of regimen will depend on the form and stage of the process. In the initial phase of the inflammatory defect of the mucous membrane often use conservative treatment — candles from cervical erosion. How to properly apply the medication and what I should know about local therapy of this pathology?
Suppozitorii (candles) is a form of medication used for the introduction into the body cavity through the vagina or rectum. Candle is solid at a temperature of 22°C, but melt when ingested into the body. They have spherical, ovoid or torpedo-like shape. The basis of a vaginal suppository is cocoa butter, paraffin wax, hard fats, in which the dissolved active substance.
The advantages of using suppositories:
- Medicinal substances directly to the site of inflammation.
- Special texture allows you to evenly distribute the drug at the vaginal mucosa.
- Filler suppository softens the inflamed area and helps to eliminate the pathological waste from the body.
- The drug is practically not absorbed into the blood stream and has no systemic action.
- Can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
Treatment suppositories practice in such situations:
- Inflammatory erosion of minor size.
- About erosion in the healing period.
- Inflammation of the cervical canal (cervicitis) and vagina (vaginitis).
- Regenerative therapy after moxibustion.
- Reorganization prior to the destructive methods of treatment of cervical pathology.
The treatment of vaginal suppositories is not acceptable in the following cases:
- Dysplasia of II and III degrees.
- Cervical cancer or a high risk of malignancy erosion.
- The presence of erosions larger than 2 cm, not responding to medical therapy.
- Individual intolerance to the ingredients of the drug.
Preparing for therapy consists of several stages:
- Review smear on flora.
- A bacteriological swab from the cervical canal.
- Smear on Cytology.
After accurately diagnosed and identified the causative agent, we select the optimal scheme of therapy.
Method of application
Gentle treatment vaginal suppositories practice with true erosion, and some other inflammatory changes of the cervix. Apply candles, with local antibacterial, antiviral and antimycotic effect. The indications can additionally be assigned immunomodulirutee funds. After the completion of therapy is shown taking probiotics to restore the vaginal flora.
Before the introduction of vaginal suppositories need to wash your hands without soap or gel. Suppositories are usually inserted at night. Below the melting candle is not soiled underwear, use sanitary pads.
After determining the diagnosis gynecologist prescribe procedures aimed at treatment of erosion. In the untimely appeal to the doctor arise irreversible consequences, including:
- Scarring complicating pregnancy and childbirth.
- The loss of the mucous membrane of the cervix defenses, the development of secondary infection.
- The transition of the inflammatory process in the uterus.
- Infertility on the background of chronic infection.
- Cancer of the cervix.
All vaginal suppositories are divided in principle into the following groups:
- The immunomodulators.
- Wound healing.
Many modern drugs have multiple effects. Action the most used vaginal plugs shown in the table.
|Relieves the symptoms of inflammation||Inhibits bacteria||Inhibits the development of fungi||Has antiviral effect||Tonic||Wound healing|
|Herbal that contains sea buckthorn oil||+||+||+|
Overview of drugs
The most common vaginal candles are:
- Chlorhexidine (Hexicon). Has anti-inflammatory, bactericidal action. Destroys microorganisms many pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic bacteria. Cure sexual infections. Not absorbed through mucous membranes. Apply before bed once daily, for 10 days. Allowed during pregnancy with the first trimester.
- Povidone-iodine. (Betadine). Contains iodine, and therefore able to relieve the inflammation, destroy viruses, some bacteria, and pathogenic fungi. Used in mixed infections. Intravaginal administration is performed once for at least seven consecutive days. The doctor’s decision the rate of application of Betadine is duplicated. Povidone-iodine is contraindicated in hyperthyroidism. Allowed during pregnancy and lactation.
- Viferon . It is an immunomodulator that inhibits the virus. Indicated for HPV infection and also as a means of stimulating the immune system. Appointed rectally twice a day for 10 days. Contraindicated in individual intolerance of ingredients. When pregnancy is allowed 16 weeks.
- Depantol. The main action — wound healing. The drug is enclosed in a protective shell. One candle, freed from the shell, gently inserted into the vagina. The course of treatment lasts three weeks. The main disadvantage of the preparation is avoiding the use of soap at the time of treatment. Components of soap inactivate the active substances of Depantol.
- Clotrimazole is a derivative of imidazole. Powerful antifungal and antibacterial agent. Introduce the suppository deep into the vagina. The course of therapy is 7 days. Contraindicated in individual intolerance, pregnancy up to 16 weeks.
- Methyluracil for healing cervical erosion is administered vaginally in the morning and before bed. Course duration — two weeks. Use sanitary pads: contents may flow out. After the introduction of the suppository is required to lie down for 30 minutes.
- Livarol. Possesses antimycotic action. Apply for the night. Course duration — 10 days.
We should also mention such drugs:
Sea buckthorn candles with cervical erosion. Soft healing wounds. Apply twice a day: morning and night. The duration of treatment is two weeks. Candles with sea buckthorn oil is approved for use in pregnant women and nursing mothers. Contraindicated in hypersensitive to sea buckthorn and diarrhea of any origin.
Sea buckthorn oil contains the following substances that contribute to cervical epithelialization of the defect:
- fat-soluble vitamins;
- carboxylic acid;
- essential fatty acid — linoleic.
Fitoveta. Recommend three courses of treatment 10 days each. The treatment is repeated every two months. Standard rules: candle in the night vaginally. Vitovec contain cacao:
- Cocoa butter. Has wound-healing properties.
- Essential oil of tea tree. Has antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral effect.
- Essential oils of lavender and juniper reduce inflammation and are a tonic.
Candle Superon. The duration of the three weeks. In its composition contains:
- Bee products — propolis and buckwheat honey.
- Oil concentrate.
- Medical tambukansky dirt.
- Cocoa butter.
- Extract of Eleutherococcus.
- The ginseng extract.
Practice confirms the effectiveness of the treatment of some forms of cervical erosion suppositories. At the time of therapy limited to sex. Avoid soap and use a special means for intimate hygiene.