Cervical dysplasia: extent and treatment
Dysplasia referred to as changes in cervical mucus. It is also called cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN or CIN). This condition is considered precancerous condition. If untreated, CIN may develop into cancer of the cervix.
There are several stages, each of which depends on the depth of tissue damage. CIN I (early stage disease) can be successfully treated, the main thing is to start treatment in time. This pathology is quite common. At risk of the disease women get to the age of thirty years. This disease is very insidious, since in the affected organ are cells that can degenerate into cancer and develop cancer. So you can not miss the inspection of the gynecologist. At the first signs of dysplasia need treatment immediately.
The human papillomavirus — the main cause of the disease. There are also factors that trigger the disease:
- a weakened immune system;
- inflammation of the genital organs;
- hormonal disorders;
- oral contraceptives for a long time;
- of sexually transmitted infections.
- early sexual debut;
- multiple and traumatic childbirth;
- many abortions;
- irrational nutrition;
- injury of the cervix.
The classification of CIN:
- CIN I – lose-thirds of the epithelium;
- CIN II – change of two thirds of the tissues;
- CIN III – defeat most of the epithelium of the cervix.
The consequences of the disease depend directly on the stage. Than the neglect of the process, the worse the prognosis and the less chance for a favorable outcome of the disease. In CIN III, there is a high risk of developing cervical cancer.
CIN I – mild stage
Cervical dysplasia 1 degree (mild dysplasia) — the easiest stage of the disease. The affected area is up to one third of the distance from the basal membrane to the surface epithelium. In most cases, at this stage the disease is asymptomatic, which makes diagnosis of the disease and stopping time to begin treatment.
CIN I often occurs on the background of other diseases of cervix: erosion (ectopia), leukoplakia, metaplasia, etc. Upon the slightest suspicion of pathology should undergo a complete diagnosis by a gynecologist and start with the chosen medical treatment. The earlier the therapy the better the prognosis of the disease.
You should pay attention to the following symptoms:
- unpleasant sensations in the genital organs in the form of itching and burning;
- vaginal discharge unnatural color;
- pain during sexual intercourse;
- the formation of papillomas.
To confirm the diagnosis you need to pass a number of tests, including smear on Cytology, undergo a colposcopy (survey under a microscope) and a biopsy. According to the testimony appointed ultrasound of the pelvic organs.
Gynecological examination attention the whitish areas of epithelium (focal hyperplasia) in the form of plaques. When to conduct special tests identify areas of multilayered epithelium with an irregular staining. The cervical canal is defined by a cylindrical epithelium.
Colposcopic signs for CIN and cancerous changes:
- yadegarynia areas;
- acutally epithelium;
- the dyskaryosis;
- glandular hyperplasia;
- areas of atypia;
- other abnormal colposcopic signs.
For CIN I monomorphism characteristic changes of the epithelium and blood vessels. In the presence of the polymorphism is talking about CIN II and III. Any dysfunction and changes in the structure of epithelium – the occasion to pass an additional examination by a gynecologist. After treatment is assigned re-test analysis.
Treatment of cervical dysplasia 1 degree includes:
- drug therapy: anti-inflammatory drugs;
- correction of hormonal and immune disorders;
- the restoration of the vaginal flora;
- the means of accelerating the healing of the cervix (Colored, etc.).
Surgical treatment is possible in several ways:
- radiowave therapy;
- surgical diathermy;
- laser coagulation;
- argon plasma coagulation.
Expectant management is not shown. In the absence of treatment the disease will progress, which will inevitably lead to complications. Cervical cancer, arising in the background of the QING threat to a woman’s life therefore, delay the treatment is not worth it. With timely therapy, the probability of transition to cancer is low. In the future a woman can live a full life and give birth to healthy children.
The choice of method will depend on the technical capabilities of the clinic and characteristics of the current process. Burning leaves scars on the uterus, bringing the organ loses its elasticity. Subsequently, complications can arise during pregnancy and childbirth. Treatment with radio waves does not affect fertility. With this method of treatment does not leave scars. Currently this is the preferred method. Without treatment the disease progresses.
CIN II – moderate stage
Cervical dysplasia of 2 degrees is considered moderate (middle) stage. At this stage of the disease affects seventy percent of the body. This pathology discovered during examination mirrors. This degree of the disease requires from the woman in-depth survey with additional analyses (colposcopy with the sample Schiller, endocervical curettage). Need to consult a oncologist.
Expectant management is allowed for pregnant women. The need for regular blood tests. This stage of the disease does not reduce a woman’s ability to conceive. A woman can be pregnant with this disease.
Cervical dysplasia of 2 degrees always requires surgical treatment (resection, conization). Treatment of second degree of dysplasia based on the effects of cold (to freeze the areas affected by dysplasia) or warm (use current). Also use laser treatment. The laser destroys the affected areas of the cervix. The operation is performed under local anesthesia. In modern medicine to treat the QING actively used radio wave device “Surgitron” and other progressive techniques.
CIN II may be an indication for surgical treatment:
- conization (a cone-shaped excision of the affected area – electroconsult or electrocauterizare);
- excision (radio wave, it is successful in eradicating).
The choice of method will depend on the severity of the pathological process, and concomitant pathology.
CIN III – severe dysplasia of the cervix
Cervical dysplasia grade 3 accompanied by a pulling and aching in the lower abdomen, discomfort in the genital area, vaginal discharge. This stage is considered the most difficult and dangerous – this is a precancerous stage. Additional studies to identify cancer cells.
In the third stage of the disease applied surgery. Deleted the part of the body affected by dysplasia (cervical conization). In severe cases, when already there are cancer cells, the organ is removed completely. In the future, for pregnancy may require IVF.
The consequences of CIN III may be very severe. In the long term dysplasia threatens the development of cervical cancer, the transition process in the body of the uterus and adjacent organs. This condition may require complete removal of the cervix and the entire uterus (amputation or extirpation).
After surgery, the healing period lasts about a month. During the recovery period you need to completely exclude sexual intercourse, physical activity, use of tampons, use of the sauna. Bathing should also be deleted (only shower).
Home remedies treatment of dysplasia
When dysplasia of the cervix first and second degree apply folk remedies for the treatment that will help to ease the disease. They will not replace the main treatment, but can be used to eliminate unpleasant symptoms of the disease.
- Treatment of pine buds. Crushed pine buds. Then a tablespoon of raw brew Cup of boiling water.And within two minutes of simmer cook. This decoction is used as douching and baths. The procedure is carried out until complete recovery.
- Calendula. Plants flowers mixed with rose hips and nettle leaf. Add chopped licorice root, yarrow and meadowsweet. All mixed together. Next, spoon collection pour a glass of boiling water and insist half an hour. Cold infusion used as a douche. The procedure is carried out up to four times a day. This decoction is used as swabs that leave within half an hour.
- For the treatment of the disease is used and aloe Vera which helps to relieve inflammation. For this you need a clean sheet aloe grind until it forms a juice. A tampon soaked in the resulting juice. Both of these steps morning and evening for one month.
- For tampons, you can use propolis. Ten gram of propolis mixed with a packet of butter. Then boil this mixture for fifteen minutes on low heat. The broth is filtered and the impregnated swab. Keep the tampon half an hour in a relaxed state. The course of treatment – one month.
- For the treatment of the disease is applied the sea buckthorn oil. The tampon with this oil applied for twelve days.
- A decoction of St. John’s wort is also used for irrigation. Four tablespoons of dry Hypericum pour two liters of water. Boil it for about ten minutes on low heat. Leave for half an hour. Drain.
It should be remembered that the treatment of home remedies resorted to after consultation with a doctor. Dysplasia of any degree cannot be treated with folk remedies, as it leads to complications and problems to conceive in the future.
Which treatment to choose
Laser, radio waves, and cervical conization – the most safe methods of treatment of this disease. These methods leave no scars, the body retains its functions.
- The radio wave method helps to increase energy altered cells. This leads to destruction of the affected cells. This method is quick, but painful. Recovery occurs in two to three months.
- Laser treatment — a quick and painless method of treatment. This method of treatment leaves no scars and virtually no complications. Within one to two months recovering.
- Conization is used in stage II-III disease. During the surgery is remove the affected portion of the cervix. This method allows you to remove the affected cells throughout the entire thickness of the epithelium. With this method a woman can get pregnant. But in such cases sutured to prevent premature birth.
When treatment is a complementary therapy based on normal tissue regeneration. Prescribe a course of vitamins of groups B and E, and omega-3 fatty acids, selenium and fiber. Completely drug-free to refuse not succeed, because there is and conservative treatment with drugs based on herbs. At relapse of the disease shows the required surgical treatment.
With early detection of the disease and its treatment the prognosis is favorable. Most importantly, regularly visit the gynecologist and treat all known diseases.
The prevention of this disease serve the hygiene of the body, especially the genitals; a healthy lifestyle; the woman should be a sexual partner.