Chronic vaginitis: symptoms, treatment
Almost every woman is faced with diseases of an inflammatory nature. The most common inflammation of the vagina – vaginitis. Chronic vaginitis often takes several months or several years, worsened after ingestion of alcoholic beverages, hypothermia, viral infections, during menstruation or pregnancy.
Often the disease has no effect on the General condition of women. However, there is also a significant percentage of women who suffer from infertility just on the background of chronic vaginitis.
The occurrence of complications in chronic vaginitis
Chronic vaginitis, which occurs in women a long period, is often complicated by the penetration of infection in the internal organs of the urogenital system.
If the infection has spread to internal organs, the inflammation may still have mild symptoms.
First, the process of inflammation in the cervix, then directly in the uterus, from inflammation can move to the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
The alternating periods of weakening of the symptoms with periods of exacerbation, invisible flow of the process of inflammation leads to adhesions that prevent not only conception but also gestation. Sometimes when there is in the fallopian tubes of adhesions conception still be possible. But it is likely that a fertilized egg will develop in the fallopian tube until its break – this kind of pregnancy is called ectopic because of bleeding and can result in the death of a woman. When spikes appear in the uterus, there is a threat of premature birth, miscarriage.
That is why a woman suspected inflammation should immediately seek specialized medical assistance, undergo appropriate treatment. Self-treatment of such diseases only triggers the development of chronic processes.
Factors, influencing the development of chronic vaginitis
In healthy women, the vaginal mucosa due to the presence of lactic acid bacteria that create an acidic environment, protected from various kinds of inflammations. Exposure to certain factors can significantly reduce the concentration of lactobacilli, increasing thereby the likelihood of developing chronic vaginitis.
Such factors include:
- violation of the normal ratio of hormones in women;
- lack of personal hygiene;
- trauma to the vaginal mucosa during delivery;
- inflammatory diseases of internal genital organs;
- long-term use of certain drugs, such as glucocorticoids, cytostatics, antibiotics;
- decrease protective properties of an organism as a consequence of chronic diseases;
- prolapse of the vagina.
The development of chronic vaginitis, mainly to do with getting the vagina of pathogens by sexual contact or poor personal hygiene.
The main pathogens that cause disease:
Methods of diagnosis of chronic vaginitis
When the first symptoms appear chronic vaginitis, you should not delay to consult a doctor. In a medical facility, after the necessary examination, treatment of this disease.
Basic diagnostic procedures:
- vaginal examination with the use of gynecological mirrors;
- colposcopy – the use of a specialized optical instrument for inspection, whereby inspection can be carried out in a thirtyfold increase;
- the study of pelvic organs using ultrasound. This gives you the ability to diagnose emerging diseases provoked by vaginitis, which treatment was not initiated in a timely manner.
- smears on flora, determination of the acidity of the vaginal environment;
- bacteriological analysis;
- cytological analyses;
- application of the PCR method, which gives the opportunity to detect most types of pathogens.
Symptoms of chronic vaginitis
Regardless of the causes of the disease, its symptoms are as follows:
There are also specific symptoms corresponding to the causative agent of the particular disease.
- Trichomonas – this form of vaginitis characterized by such symptoms: frothy yellow-green secretions and discomfort in the lower abdomen;
- hardenability – very abundant, colorless allocation with a pungent fish smell;
- gonorrheal yellow-white discharge, creamy structure with a slightly unpleasant odor;
- fungal – severe itching, discharge white cottage cheese consistency.
The main treatment methods
Before you start treatment you need to find out the cause of a disease and to choose necessary medicines – antiviral, antifungal or antibacterial.
Treatment of chronic vaginitis, which are nonspecific agents, is medicines that not only treat inflammation but also have antibacterial and antifungal action. In a short time to achieve a positive effect with the use of medicines of local action («Varadin», «Terzian»). Used in the form of vaginal tablets.
The treatment of vaginitis, which are triggered by specific pathogens should be required for both sexual partners, in accordance with the type of infection. So, the drug fluconazole is used when fungal vaginitis the, «Metronidazole» – Trichomonas. The treatment of gonorrheal vaginitis is carried out with the use of antibiotics. However, the treatment of this disease can be extremely gynecologist, after a preliminary broad survey of the patient.
When the treatment is over, you must start taking the drugs that restore normal vaginal microflora.
Measures that increase the effectiveness of treatment
There are a number of rules, which can significantly speed up the treatment of the disease:
- introduction food limitation: to exclude from the menu of salted, smoked, pickled and spicy dishes;
- during the course of therapy you should refrain from intimate contact;
- you need to constantly be mindful of personal hygiene.
Treatment of chronic vaginitis with the use of alternative methods is strictly prohibited. However, to be used as a complementary therapy infusions and decoctions of medicinal plants is allowed, but only after consultation with your doctor.