Cough urinary incontinence in women what to do
Urinary incontinence is a fairly common disease. To find it can men at any age. Often this disease affects women and the elderly. Uncontrolled urine leakage is a vexing problem. Therefore, it is necessary to understand why occurs when coughing incontinence, what to do in this situation and is it possible to cure?
The causes of the disease
Urinary incontinence is characterized by uncontrolled urination. This disease affects many women. Incontinence of urine is manifested in the result of weakening the muscle structures of the pelvic floor or pelvis, which leads to disorder in the sphincter of the urethra.
The main reasons for the development of the disease considered:
- the presence of excess weight;
- the age of 50 years;
- the presence of stones in the bladder;
- abnormal location of the organs;
- infection of the genitourinary system;
- chronic cough;
- disease, leading to increased intra-abdominal pressure;
- diabetes mellitus;
- cancer processes the bladder;
- damage to the spinal cord;
- having a job that involves heavy physical labor;
- diseases of the nervous system;
- the lack of estrogen.
Also, this phenomenon occurs as a result of some medications or drinks that have a diuretic effect (alcohol, coffee, tea or sodas).
Types of urinary incontinence
Depending on how the disease, urinary incontinence can be subdivided into several types:
The main cause of considered a disruption of the urethral sphincter. Occurs when intra-abdominal pressure, is the relaxation of the muscular structures of the body. As a result is uncontrolled leakage of urine drop by drop, or complete emptying of the bladder. The main symptom of stress incontinence is involuntary leakage of urine while running, laughing, physical exertion, coughing, sneezing and during sex.
The causes of the disease include:
- Pregnancy. At this stage in women hormonal changes, and there is a strong pressure on your bladder from the growing uterus. This phenomenon occurs in every other pregnant woman.
- A generic process. Difficulties with incontinence may occur after labor. This happens when the patient gave birth to a large weight of the child, and the specialists did an incision on the perineum. Because of this there is damage to the ligaments and muscle structures of the pelvic floor.
- Surgery on the pelvic organs. Procedures that have been conducted in the area of the bladder or uterus, lead to the manifestation of adhesions and fistulas. As a result, pressure changes in the pelvis, leading to incontinence.
- Age-related changes. After fifty years women have a period of menopause, resulting in loss of elasticity of ligaments, and there is a tone in the muscular structures on the background of the decrease of estrogen.
If the bladder is functioning normally, the urge to urinate occurs only after filling it out. Thus the patient could easily carry out their business within a few hours. But if women have the imperative incontinence, with the slightest filling the urge arises. At the same time to provoke a trip to the toilet will be a blinding light or flowing water.
The main factors of this disorder are usually referred to:
- the advanced age of the patient;
- a generic process;
- hormonal changes;
- infectious diseases;
- the presence of tumors.
This process kharakterizuyutsya sudden urge to use the toilet, which can occur up to ten times per day.
This type of disease is characterized by urinary incontinence at night. Often, this pathology occurs in older women due to hormonal changes. This happens against the background of reducing the level of estrogen and the weakening of the muscular structures of the perineum. Incontinence in his youth refer to the stretching of the muscles of the pelvic organs, which occurs due to a generic process.
Incontinence this form of urine output are observed throughout the day. The main causes of the disease include:
- changes in the body in connection with age;
- disorders of the nervous system;
- dysfunction of the urinary tract;
- the contraction of the detrusor in the elderly.
If the patient has slight or moderate severity of the disease, to rectify the situation will help special exercises by Kegel.
Urinary incontinence, which can be found in children up to seven to eight years. Is characterized by urine leakage during sleep or naptime. It is believed that urinary incontinence in children up to five years is normal, as the child is not yet able to fully control the process. A pathological condition is the urine output in older children. This is attributed to nervous disorders, neurosis and conflicts in the family or school.
Urinary incontinence in women can occur during walking. In medicine this phenomenon is called enuresis the second and third degrees of severity. The main reasons for the development of the disease include:
- complicated deliveries;
- hormonal failure in the body, which is associated with the beginning of menopause;
- the presence of excess weight;
- transferred surgical interventions on the organs of the urogenital system;
- heavy physical labor.
To correct this pathology will help a comprehensive treatment that involves performing gymnastics on Points, the use of folk methods and medication.
Diagnosis of the disease
To resolve the problem of incontinence, you should contact the doctor. Based on patient’s complaints, he will hold a gynecological examination chair. To clarify the diagnosis assigned to the examination, which includes:
- smear bacterial culture (taken before or after menstruation);
- a test that gives information about the number of outgoing urine;
- ultrasonic diagnostics of small pelvis organs.
To the patient was easier to answer the question, in a month you need to keep a diary. It should be specified number of impulses, the frequency of going to the toilet if piss and vinegar.
As additional procedures carried out stress test Bonnie. To perform the procedure, the doctor fills the bladder with fluid and asked the patient to cough. This method differs from other studies, that is stretching of the bladder neck with your finger or medical instrument.
If the experts are unable to determine the cause of incontinence, we conducted another examination, which includes:
- The cystoscopy. Allows to study the internal structure of the urethra and bladder using a thin endoscope.
- Cystourethrogram. Is held in the emptying of the bladder. Involves carrying out x-ray examination with contrast injection. This method allows to determine the deformation of the lower part of the urinary system.
The healing process
If a woman is not retained in the urine when you cough, she will prescribe a comprehensive treatment in the form:
- gymnastics Kegel (exercises strengthen the pelvic muscles);
- therapy using weights;
- magnetic stimulation of the pelvic organs to strengthen the muscle structures;
- the use of drugs anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and hormone action.
If conservative treatment fails, then performed surgery.
Incontinence stressful nature of the prescribed drug therapy, which includes:
- Intake of alpha-adrenergic drugs. Contribute to raising the tone of the muscle structures.
- DULOXETINE. Antidepressants, whose action is directed on strengthening of muscular contraction. Often these drugs are used not as a treatment, to relieve symptoms.
- Estrogens. Hormonal therapy, which is mostly in women of advanced age. If this type of disease suffers a young woman, the treatment is carried out before menstruation.
To treat the disease after the generic process, need to go through a recovery period. It lasts for three to four months. If the disease is not passed by itself, then prescribes the treatment, which includes:
- exercises the Kegel;
- physiotherapy to strengthen the pelvic muscles;
- medications (bring the positive effect of such drugs as Spasmex, Vesical, Driptan).
In some situations it may be carried out drastic measures in the form of:
- the loopback operation;
- gel surgery;
- operations to strengthen the pubic ligaments.
The most difficult to treat disease in the elderly. Women over fifty are advised to conduct a comprehensive treatment. It allows to strengthen muscles of the pelvis. For this it is necessary to observe a few guidelines:
- conduct gymnastics on the Pins;
- exception caffeinated and alcoholic drinks;
- the use of pads or adult diapers;
- the pills are in the form of Tolterodine, Trospium Oxybutynin chloride or hydrochloride;
- visit physiotherapy.
In some situations it happens that the treatment with drugs does not help. Then use surgical methods of treatment.
Do not delay visit to the doctor, if a woman has shown the first signs of incontinence. In the initial stages you can fix the problem without pain and consequences.