Could there be a delay due to cold
Delay menstruation always of concern in women. They are both serious circumstances, such as pregnancy, and quite ordinary stress, causing a hormonal imbalance. Could there be a delay due to cold depends on what period of the cycle ill woman how strong her immune system as she carefully adhered to the prescribed treatment, and how weakened the result was a body. Often the flu pass without consequences. But not uncommon and the delay in the critical days after it.
Depends on what a normal menstrual cycle and permissible delay in critical days
Usually the reproductive cycle of individual updates to each woman. The regularity depends on the timely synthesis of hormones which are responsible the ovaries, adrenal glands, and thyroid gland. Manages the process of brain appendage the pituitary gland. He, in turn, depends on the activity of the hypothalamus is very sensitive to stress part of the brain that self-regulation of all processes in the body. So any common shocks and loads, including those caused by respiratory diseases and viral infections, affect the interaction of all the organs of the endocrine system and often affect the menstrual rhythm.
Not always the body works like a clock. Small fluctuations in cycle time, a normal phenomenon.
Most young and healthy women it proceeds in this manner:
- From the beginning of one menstruation to the beginning of the following typically takes 21 to 30 days. Allowed the cycle time to 35 days.
- Critical days take from 3 to 7 days.
- The instability cycle can be attributed to normal girls in the first year from the beginning of menstruation and in women in the age before menopause.
Not considered as alarming signal isolated case 7 – to 10-day delay or premature onset of menstruation. However, repeated violation of the cycle – a reason to visit a gynecologist. A delay of more than 15 days indicates a serious hormonal failure and the need to find out its causes.
Can a cold affect your period? Of course, it can. Colds even the lungs can cause a week’s delay period.
The reason for this stress factors that affect the overall condition of the body and its hormonal glands:
- Overwork and nervous overstrain, if a woman decides not to drop out of the working rhythm and brings a cold on his feet.
- Intoxication with viral and bacterial infections.
- Inflammatory processes of the genitourinary system, aggravated because of immunosuppression or treatment with antibiotics.
- Intense treatment with antiviral and other medicines.
- Radical change in diet and, as a consequence, a significant change in the amount of fatty tissue in the body. That is fast weight loss or, on the contrary, weight gain.
- A change of climate, moving.
All these associated cold conditions significantly inhibit the maturation of the egg and formation of the endometrium, which is reflected in the maturity of critical days and the nature of their course.
Disruptions of the menstrual cycle with a cold
Although to accurately predict the influence of cold on the course of menstrual cycle is difficult, some conclusions can be drawn based on which of its phases, the peak of sickness:
- Very often, the flu, SARS or other exacerbation of chronic diseases afflict a woman during menstruation, that is, at the beginning of the cycle. This happens due to the decrease in the immunity and General vitality of all body systems.
In this case, the hypothalamus may fail to allocate a sufficient number of substances that stimulate the pituitary gland to secrete hormones necessary for the development of ovarian follicles containing oocytes. Therefore, the first phase of the menstrual cycle (follicular) will be prolonged. Hence the delay in the start of the next cycle and, accordingly, the next period;
- Also tightens the first phase of the disease, which began soon after the critical days. Body stress in this case inhibits the maturation of the dominant follicle with an egg, and ovulation occurs later, shifting in time the cycle;
- If the disease occurred after ovulation, during the luteal phase, the effect may be different. The yellow body in the ovary that produces hormones necessary to modify the outer layers of the endometrium – the mucous membrane of the uterus. If it doesn’t its formation in full, monthly will be scarce and will come earlier than expected.
Cold in the critical days
It happens, unfortunately, very common. Reduced hormonal levels, the tone of almost all systems, anemia due to blood loss and weakening of the immune system when to fight off infections the body is unable. During menstruation to catch a cold very easily.
Even easier to provoke exacerbation of chronic diseases, such as bronchitis, tonsillitis and others. Even harmless on other days runny nose, can cause fatigue, herpes outbreak or inflammation in the genital area, which will necessarily affect the entire endocrine system and ovaries in particular.
Due to the cold or just hypothermia during menstruation has not happened to a significant failure of the female cycle, it is necessary to take into consideration:
- If you catch cold, even if the woman does not get sick, rest and peace she still needed. Do not continue to work with the same load as in ordinary days. Excitement and stress should be kept to a minimum.
- With more serious illness, you should inform the doctor about their “female” days and just stick to appointments. Only take prescribed medicine, since some antipyretic and anti-inflammatory agents such as aspirin, thin the blood and can cause excessive bleeding.
- This also applies to national recipes are very popular in the treatment of colds. Decoctions of chamomile, ginger and others in this period also will cause unnecessary blood loss.
How to affect the female cycle of antibiotics?
Could there be a delay due to antibiotics in the treatment of colds?
Drugs, negatively influencing the growth of living cells, of course, harm not only to pathogenic microflora, but natural and necessary for many vital for body processes, and also affect the activities of all systems, including hormonal.
Much more detrimental to the health of a rapidly developing infection, the consequences of which are painful and difficult to cure.
To avoid unnecessary stress to the body in the treatment of SARS, you need to keep in mind:
- Do not take any antibiotics without having the causes of the disease. The flu virus immune to antibiotics, which are treated with other infections. Sometimes allergic reactions can be confused with cold symptoms. We should not cause unnecessary harm to the already weakened body self-medicate.
- If the end of the course of antibiotics to feel better, do not stop taking prescription drugs. Goes untreated the infection can become chronic. A lack of exposure to antibiotics promotes the development of resistance to it.
- Taking antibiotics, you need to be aware of the manifestation of the fungal microflora. Without a deterrent natural bacterial environment she began to flourish in the intimate area and causes inflammation. Requires regular hygiene and timely intake antimycotic funds.
With a cold increases the risk of unwanted pregnancy
If your period is delayed after suffering a cold, flu or exacerbation of chronic diseases primarily need to check whether not come pregnancy. The probability to detect the disease in the first phase of the cycle, when using the calendar method of contraception is very high. This is due to the displacement of the time of ovulation and with it all the usual rhythms. Safe period for unprotected sex days is later, and the possibility of pregnancy greatly increased.
Active treatment with antibiotics or other drugs that affect the state of microflora, reduces the effects of hormonal contraceptives. They just don’t have time to be absorbed because of the intestine disorders. Also effective for some cold or influenza drugs inhibit their contraceptive properties. Better during the illness and after it, to use other means of protection.
In conclusion – how to normalize the menstrual cycle after a cold
The first thing to take care of the necessary vitamins and minerals. Therefore, the diet should be as varied and not heavy, because the medication definitely affects digestion, and after an illness the stomach, bowel and liver need to recover.
Definitely need to consume plenty of prebiotics, to feed the weakened intestinal microflora. They have oranges, bananas, apples, chicory, sesame, oats, carrots, rye and others.
Immunomodulators in the form of dietary SUPPLEMENTS will help prevent new cold and repeated stress.
And most importantly – try to avoid nervous breakdowns, exhaustion and excessive exercise.