Cryosurgery of the cervix, what is the procedure
Cervical erosion is a common gynecological disease that can be diagnosed among women of all ages. The absence of clinical manifestations of the pathological process complicates the diagnosis at an early stage of development. Regardless of the reasons contributing to structural changes of the epithelium in the cervical area, finding an effective treatment becomes particularly relevant for young nulliparous women. Cryosurgery of the cervix with the use of liquid nitrogen eliminates the growth of abnormal cells and prevent such diseases as cancer of the cervix.
What is the reason for the appointment of cryoablation?
Our analyses provide valuable information for the doctor on the basis of which he appoints further treatment. The lack of scarring and the likelihood of a bleeding effect on the number of patients wishing to use this method. As with any surgical intervention into the body, this procedure has its indications and contraindications.
Cryodestruction cervical erosion is an effective method of destruction of inflammation with insignificant negative effects on the reproductive system of the female body.
Assessing the state of the organism by laboratory and instrumental methods of research, the doctor decides on further treatment. Sanitation zone, the manipulation is a necessary condition. In the presence of infectious-inflammatory diseases appropriate treatment with the use of local antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory drugs. When data analysis results will provide information about the absence of inflammation, then you can proceed to cryoablation.
If slightly disturbed the microbial landscape of the vagina, rational reorganization with the help of drugs local action in the form of suppositories (vaginal suppositories). Your choice can be stopped by drugs such as Hexicon, Micogynax, Poliginaks, Tarinan, the Doctor-Kombi, Depantol, Livarol. A standard course of therapy does not exceed 7 – 10 days.
Features of the procedure
Cryotherapy is prescribed for 7 – 10 days of the menstrual cycle, when completely absent spotting. The procedure takes a total of no more than 30 minutes, including the rest after the performed manipulations.
The procedure consists of the following steps:
- Preliminary rehabilitation of the cervix and cervical canal with saline, you can use a 5% solution of acetic acid to identify the presence and localization of inflammation.
- Cryodestructors contained carbon dioxide liquid nitrogen (liquefied gas) is injected directly into the inflammation. The timer is set to 3 minutes area of effect instantly covered with ice. Usually the procedure is performed repeatedly (for greater efficiency) with a break of up to 5 minutes for thawing.
- Cryosurgery is a delicate operation that requires experience and attention. So as not to damage the wound surface, the probe must be removed in the time of thawing, turning slightly.
- Frozen zone after thawing swells. Swelling gradually disappears with the subsiding of inflammation. Liquid nitrogen low temperature completely destroys the erosive surface. The healing of the wound surface is accompanied by a large amount of watery discharge for 7 to 14 days. Full restoration of the epithelium observed within 3 to 6 months.
In the course of surgery and in the first days after the vote, the patient may experience the unpleasant effects:
- pain in lower abdomen-pull in nature (each woman’s individual threshold of sensitivity);
- feelings of heat, cold, and cold sweat (the body’s response to temperature fluctuations);
- nausea, headache, lack of coordination;
- violation psycho-emotional state (stress factor);
- watery or sukrovichnye discharge from the vagina.
These symptoms are normal. Typically, these effects disappear within 2 to 14 days after cryoablation. Suspect a secondary infection is possible in case of occurrence of following signs:
- intense pain in the pelvic region and lower back;
- highlight with blood (blood clots), pus;
- symptoms of intoxication as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, which persisted during the rehabilitation period;
- problems with urination.
Such phenomena require immediate treatment for qualified help to prevent undesirable consequences.
The recovery period involves sparing mode:
- a decrease in physical activity;
- the lack of sexual contacts for at least 1 month after the procedure;
- the ban on access to open ponds, common areas (baths, saunas, swimming pools);
- proper rest;
- antiviral, immunomodulatory therapy if indicated (Interferon, Lavomax);
- the use of synthetic and anti-inflammatory herbal remedies of local action (Methyluracil, Betadine, Viburkol (candles), oils of sea buckthorn and calendula in the form of tampons);
- nutrition with the intake of vitamin complexes;
- the absence of stressful situations.
The mucous membrane of the cervix after cryotherapy heals relatively slowly. After the procedure to prevent scarring. The method is not recommended for young nulliparous women who wish in the future to bear and give birth to a child.
Regular preventive checkups by a gynecologist, strict adherence to recommendations to prevent the development of chronic disease. Cryosurgery is an effective method of getting rid of present pathology, allowing to prevent the development of oncological diseases of reproductive sphere.