Cysts in the mammary glands
Cysts in the mammary glands represent cavities filled with content, the nature of which depends on the type, age, education, location. Pathological cavity can occur in utero or under the influence of factors internal and external environment: hormonal imbalance, infectious and inflammatory processes in the body, as a result of injury. Modern statistics annually records the increase in the number of diseases related to the mammary gland (40%), 4% of which is cancer.
The types of cysts
Regardless of the cause of the formation of cysts are divided into 2 groups:
- true (lined with epithelial tissue);
Congenital anomalies include dizontogeneticheskie cysts are formed during embryonic development (abnormal alteration of tissues).
To acquired pathologies include:
- retention (resulting from duct obstruction of the breast with partial or full violation of the outflow of the secretions;
- fibrous (chronic cystic mastitis, provoking the development of cancer);
- solitary (imagine a cavity filled with liquid infiltration of a different color, which changes consistency as you increase the term occurs only in one breast);
- traumatic (resulting from displacement of injured tissues with subsequent formation of capsules filled with infiltration);
- tumor (formed as a result of tumor processes in tissues with subsequent malignancy);
- fat (appear in the result of a clogged mammary gland sebaceous secret, with the increase which starts the inflammatory process);
- parasitic (rare form resulting from parasitism tapeworms).
Cysts may be single or multiple (polycystic).
Cysts which are diagnosed at an early stage of development, distinguished by a thin wall cavity, the capsule is small in size with a light content. Increasing the period of formation of the cyst changes: compacted wall of the cavity, the infiltrate becomes more dense, changes its color in the presence of small serous particles are formed of solid bags. If a pathological cavity formed in the end of the duct, it may eventually self-destruct.
Physiological cyst is a thin-walled capsule with smooth edges. The atypical form is characterized by a rough structure with the growth of the cavity. Cysts may be round, oval or obscure configuration form.
Most often breast cyst – a benign education, is not dangerous to life, although the risk of degeneration is still present. Despite its small size it is more an esthetic problem.
It is foolish to hope that the tumor will dissolve on their own, refusing the advice of a trained specialist. Cysts tend to increase in size, inflammation, abscess, atypical degeneration of cells.
Present in the breast cysts may point to fibrocystic breast disease. Particularly unfavourable in terms of the development of cancer is a ductal cyst, which is called vnutriportovaya a papilloma. It is a cavity filled with bloody infiltration, inside which there are papillary formations.
Cysts of the mammary glands is not always possible to identify independently, especially when there are multiple elements. By palpation it is difficult to determine the presence of cysts, if the size is less than 5 mm or a localization of deep down inside. Cysts of small size can only be determined with instrumental methods (mammography, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound and others):
- The procedure of pneumocystography allows to study the structure of the capsule to determine the density of the walls.
Increasing the period of formation of cysts in the Breasts increase in size, causing discomfort, pain, burning, tingling, when communication with the duct of the present discharge from the nipple. In enlarged breast palpation: single or multiple seals.
In secondary infection of pathogenic flora observed purulent discharge from the nipple. In the inflammatory process also involved the breast and axillary lymph nodes. Dangerous symptoms are: fever, General intoxication phenomena of the body in the form of nausea, vomiting, dizziness.
The reasons for the formation of the cyst
Hormonal imbalance, viral and bacterial infections, injury to the body – the most common causes of pathological cavities in the chest. However, cysts in the mammary glands are other causes. These include the following:
- age older than 35 years;
- family history (cases of breast cancer in the family);
- excess body weight;
- irrational use of hormonal methods, including birth control;
- diseases of the endocrine system (diabetes, hypothyroidism and others);
- chronic inflammatory processes in the reproductive organs (adnexitis, endometritis);
- early puberty;
- early sexual activity;
- childbirth after 30 years;
- unrealized reproductive function (no delivery);
- frequent miscarriages and abortions;
- stress factor (psycho-emotional stress increases the production of progesterone, prolactin, cortisol);
- the rejection of natural form of feeding.
- an unbalanced diet;
- alcohol dependence;
- stay in direct sunlight in a dangerous period;
- treatments tanning.
The effectiveness of the treatment depends on the timely treatment for the qualified help, the forms, stage of disease, the correct diagnosis.
The complex of diagnostic procedures aimed at identifying cysts in the Breasts is not limited to consultation with a mammologist. Even in the absence of systemic disease endocrine and reproductive systems often can not do without the help of the related professionals: endocrinologist, gynecologist, oncologist.
Breast cyst includes the following types of treatment:
To eliminate unpleasant symptoms use the following tools:
- Herbal infusion prepared from 40 g of dried flowers of St. John’s wort and 500 ml of water, use wet compresses applied to the site of inflammation 3 to 4 times a day.
- A decoction made from fresh shoots of the plant (20 g per 200 ml of water), combine with butter homemade. The resulting suspension is applied to the chest and hold 1 – 2 hours. This procedure is preferably carried out at bedtime with a subsequent toilet mammary glands. Celandine can be replaced with cabbage leaves, passed through a meat grinder. Analgesic and anti-edema effect will be similar.
- In the daily diet should include dishes which include different types of cabbage: broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower. As an alternative to the use of dietary supplements, which include extracts from these vegetables as well as seaweed (kelp).
- Tincture of Valerian or motherwort, purchased in a pharmacy or prepared yourself, you can take courses (3-4 weeks) to eliminate emotional instability.
By observing preventive measures, you can greatly reduce the risk of developing cysts in the Breasts. These include:
- timely treatment of any inflammatory disease;
- breastfeeding for at least 6 months;
- prevention of trauma to the breast, including correctly chosen underwear (the bra should be of proper size and do not squeeze the bones of the chest);
- not to expose on the influence of high and low temperatures (avoidance of sun exposure between 10 to 16 hours a day, procedures, Solarium);
- lack of stress;
- the mode of the day and nutrition (active lifestyle, proper rest, adequate intake of vitamins, minerals and other essential body substances);
- timely implementation of the reproductive function;
- prevention of abortion;
- rational use of hormonal methods, including birth control;
- preventive examination by a mammologist and gynecologist at least 1 time per year.
Regular self-breast should become the norm of life of every woman, especially after 30 years. Zoom, change the color of the body, the appearance of any of seals, pain is always a cause for consultation with a specialist. Timely diagnostics of diseases with use of modern equipment significantly reduces the risk of progression of a pathology, disease recurrence, and transformation into malignancy.