Diarrhea during menses, why in
The menstrual cycle is the main indicator of women’s health. On its course is affected by changes in the hormonal background. The symptoms that occur during menstruation, can interfere with normal functioning. Women are interested in many nuances, one of those is the diarrhea (diarrhoea) during menses. Why it occurs and how to get rid of this phenomenon?
Experts note that in most cases, diarrhea during menses can be considered the norm. Some women have loose stools occurs a few days before the onset of menstruation, while some suffer from this phenomenon throughout the entire period of bleeding. Diarrhoea before menstruation — a sign of cleansing the body of toxins. If diarrhea lasts three days and not much concerned, in particular the correction process is not needed.
Hormonal changes before menstruation which affects not only the reproductive function. Changes are taking place in the digestive system, because the functioning of the body is a holistic operation of all systems and organs. In this regard, may have slight physiological changes. One of the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome may be diarrhea – mild, not affecting the health of women.
There are other reasons, having a direct impact on the occurrence of diarrhea during menstruation:
- infectious disease (food poisoning);
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (IBS – irritable bowel syndrome);
- endocrine pathology (hyperthyroidism).
No need to jump to conclusions. The correct conclusion can only be done by a doctor. If a woman feels your body, the slightest change will be noticed. In this case, it is best to seek the advice of a gynecologist.
In many cases, diarrhea is the main reason for seeking help, but after a thorough examination can detect other causal relationship:
- At the beginning of the month reduced the level of progesterone in the blood that causes the bowel muscles to contract. These processes and lead to loose stools. The reproductive system is closely connected with the intestines, during menstruation increases circulation of almost all organs — this causes diarrhea.
- Diarrhea, as a symptom of premenstrual period, is regarded by experts as the result of many problems. They can be associated with diseases of the endocrine system, nervous and psychosomatic. About the presence of premenstrual syndrome is possible to Express according to the following criteria:
- sharp or aching pain in the abdomen;
- General weakness, dizziness;
- unstable pressure;
- mood swings;
These symptoms negatively affect the entire woman’s body and reduce its efficiency.
- In the case where the connection of menstruation and diarrhea is not confirmed, the doctor analyzes the symptoms, which can be associated with diseases of the digestive system. Diarrhea during menstruation may occur in the presence of diseases of the stomach and gastrointestinal tract. During the inspection this may be indicative of pain on palpation. About digestive diseases said and the accompanying nausea, vomiting, flatulence, bloating, alternating diarrhea and constipation.
- Diarrhea during menses can testify about infectious diseases. In the presence of harmful bacteria can manifest the following symptoms:
- pain in the abdomen;
- increased body temperature;
- the stool have different impurities.
These symptoms are indicative of intoxication and in need of special correction.
The appearance of diarrhea and nausea on the background of delayed menstruation can be one of the signs of pregnancy. You need to take a blood HCG and seek medical attention.
To properly determine what causes diarrhea during menses, it is recommended to conduct a complete diagnosis. The doctor at survey can only make a preliminary conclusion, which is necessary to fix the results of research and analysis. A complete diagnosis includes the following manipulations:
- blood test;
- bacteriological studies;
- Ultrasound of the gastrointestinal tract;
Be sure to consult gastroenterologist. After an expert examination can determine the secondary aspects of why there is diarrhea during menstruation.
If diarrhea occurs in the first day of menstruation and goes a day later, with no side effects, it can be considered an individual feature of the body.
Methods of correction
Loose stools during menstruation can be adjusted more simple ways, namely to change the diet. During the menstrual cycle and the need to focus more on nutrition. This will allow to get rid of many PMS symptoms, including diarrhea.
First, you need to enter in your daily diet foods that fortify chair:
- black tea;
- rice, buckwheat;
A few days before menstruation must be removed from the menu, dairy products, juices and some fruits. Meals should be frequent, but small portions also need to give up a late dinner. Water is better to drink boiled, purified.
Gynaecologists say there’s no need to take medicine for diarrhea. This influence will adversely affect the entire digestive system. Recommended decoctions of herbs (chamomile, tysyacelistnik, St. John’s wort), they do well with spasms in the abdomen.
Signs of other diseases
Diarrhea during menstruation, which began on the first day and does not stop after graduation, it continues for a week or a month, is a serious signal for the body. If feces have a pungent odor, changed color or have additional of the selection is the reason for treatment and therapy. These symptoms may be signs of infectious disease. Only after the examination, the doctor can identify the reason why having diarrhea during the menstrual cycle.
In most cases, to deal with diarrhea during menstruation is not necessary. When hormonal changes, digestive system will calm down and return to normal operation. To side effects are not bothered at this period, need more rest, avoid stress, and reduce physical activity. Fresh air and proper rest will allow you to cope with any difficulties.