Discharge after terginan: brown, pink, black
Terginan (Tergynan) – combo antimicrobial, antifungal, antiseptic drug, used for treatment and prevention of gynecological diseases.
Composition and pharmacological action of the drug
|The name of the component||The content of one vaginal tablet||Pharmacological properties|
|The active substance|
|Tinidazol||0.2 g||Antimicrobial agent that blocks the production of lipids required to build the cells of anaerobic microorganisms. This substance is fatal for chlamydia, Gardnerella and Trichomonas.|
|Neomycin sulphate||0.1 g (65000МЕ)||Broad-spectrum antibiotic that violates protein synthesis in the ribosomes of pathogenic bacteria. This product kills Staphylococcus, E. coli, Proteus and Shigella.|
|Nystatin||100,000 IU||Antibiotic that destroys fungi of the genus Candida|
|Prednisone||0,003 g||Glucocorticoid hormone, has powerful anti-inflammatory, protivoekssoudative, anti-allergic effect.|
|Wheat starch||0,264 g||Not have medicinal properties, but protect the vaginal mucosa from rough impact of the pill contribute to the uniform arrangement of active components inside the candle.|
|Lactose monohydrate||To 1.2 g|
|Silicon dioxide colloidal||0.006 g|
|Magnesium stearate||0.01 g|
|Carboximetilkrahmal sodium||0,048 g|
Terginan, due to its active components, has the following properties:
- ensures the integrity of the vaginal mucosa;
- maintains normal pH level.
The drug is prescribed for the treatment of the following diseases:
- bacterial vaginitis provoked by staphylococci, Escherichia coli, Shigella and other pathogenic microbes;
- the vaginitis of mixed form.
As a prophylactic the drug is administered:
- before abortion and childbirth;
- when planning a pregnancy;
- before routine gynecologic surgery;
- before and after diathermocoagulation of the cervix;
- before the hysterosalpingography;
- before and after the establishment of intrauterine devices.
It is not recommended to use the drug in case of intolerance the included components.
The method of use and dosage
- Vaginal suppositories are intended only for intravaginal use.
- To use the tablet to stay on for 20 – 30 seconds in boiled water.
- The drug should be entered at night deep in the vagina. It is impossible to stand for 15 minutes.
- The average duration of therapy of inflammatory and infectious diseases – 10 days. To prevent recurrence of fungal infections you should use 20 days. For disease prevention to apply 6 days.
- Clinical studies have shown that at the initial stage of treatment may occur itching, burning sensation and irritation of the vaginal mucosa.
- Intolerance constituent components may experience allergic reaction.
Components Terginan have a low rate of absorbability into the blood, which excludes overdose.
Interaction with other drugs
The negative impact from the simultaneous reception Terginan with other drugs not detected.
- During treatment of infectious diseases that can be transmitted sexually partners need to undergo therapy at the same time.
- No need to interrupt the treatment of the onset of menstruation.
Shelf life and storage conditions
- To store in inaccessible to children place at a temperature not more than 25oC.
- Subject to the above conditions, the usage period is 3 years from date of manufacture.
Use during pregnancy
- Terginan prescribed when planning and during pregnancy for the treatment and prevention of vaginitis of various origins, urogenital candidiasis and other infections.
- The components of this drug have a low degree of suction, so it does not damage the health of the fetus.
- This drug is recommended from the second trimester. Treatment in the first trimester and during lactation is only in excess of the benefits to the mother of the risk to the child.
- Method of use during pregnancy and dosage meet the standard scheme of treatment.
Allocation after taking Terginan
During treatment may appear allocation, do not carry health risks to women and fetus. They can occur for various reasons:
- incorrect administration of tablet (candles);
- the sensitivity of the vaginal mucosa;
- irritation of cervical erosion;
- allergic reaction to components etc.
Yellow discharge that appeared after admission and not accompanied by itching and burning sensation are normal. Their appearance is due to the fact that vaginal mucosa «absorbs» just the right components, and the remnants of the tablets were gradually being removed.
Abundant mucous the secret of white or yellow color, accompanied by burning and itching is the result of destruction of pathogenic microorganisms in active ingredients Terginan. If these symptoms occur for more than three days, this may indicate an allergic reaction to the drug. In this case, you must consult a specialist for correct treatment.
Highlight with blood and highlight the pink color may indicate improper use of candles. A rough introduction of the pill may injure the vaginal mucosa.
If after the introduction of candles began the selection of pink color, it may indicate irritation of existing erosion.
Spotting that occurs during pregnancy after the introduction of vaginal tablets, you can say on the onset of labour or spontaneous miscarriage. In this case, you must immediately contact the observing specialist to identify the causes of blood impurities.
Terginan is a comprehensive tool that allows it to simultaneously deal with multiple infections of various origins. Due to the low absorbability into blood, the use of the drug is safe even during pregnancy. Drugs with identical properties do not exist.
- To combat Candida is assigned and Clotrimazole Pimafucin, but they are powerless against the mixed-type vaginosis and trichomoniasis.
- The doctor-Kombi combination antibiotic, is not able to destroy the causative agents of candidiasis.
- Holistic medicine that can deal with many pathogens and the inflammatory process is Poliginaks. But, it consists of three antibiotics, which can cause allergies and harm the health of the fetus.
- The most effective analogue is Macmiror. It has the same indications for use. Part Macmiror includes components of wide spectrum of action that allows him to fight with many bacteria and germs at the same time. However, according to specialists, Terginan more effective.
Terginan has established itself as an effective and safe means assigned to the treatment and prevention of gynecological inflammatory diseases. However, included in Terginan components can cause allergies, so the feasibility of its use determined in conjunction with a specialist.