Do flu vaccine in pregnancy
The flu and other infections is highly undesirable during pregnancy. If a child is planned, you should worry about your health, and to take all measures to protect the body against any diseases. Timely vaccination against the flu will provide a comfortable and healthy pregnancy.
Flu shot when planning pregnancy
The process of carrying a child is very difficult for the female body. At this point, on the background of reduced immunity in women there is a high susceptibility to infectious diseases. In preparation for the pregnancy, the future mother should pass the examination and make a vaccination. There are a number of diseases which have a negative impact on the fetus. Defeat happens in the womb and can lead to premature delivery, miscarriage, disability or even death of the child. Who recommends flu vaccination during pregnancy, and in 2014 in Russia, the vaccine is provided free of charge.
How important is the planning of pregnancy?
Not all diseases that can occur during carrying a child can be treated before birth. To create conditions for the birth of a healthy child and safe motherhood overall, women should worry about your state of health before conception. Some infections can be hidden, sluggish, and pregnancy provokes the activation process.
Where to start? First of all, seek the advice of a gynecologist. Doctor based on medical history, age prompt, what inspection should be passed. As a rule, it consists of the following steps:
- Consultation of the therapist, ophthalmologist, dentist, Laura. If necessary, narrow specialists, especially if you have a chronic illness.
- Common blood tests. The results of the research to know for sure the presence/absence of inflammation and the level of hemoglobin. During pregnancy women often suffer from anemia. With low rates it is necessary to raise its level in advance in the process of carrying a child not to suffer vertigo.
- Binding analysis, which delivers the woman at registration on the account on pregnancy: screening for STIs. Infection of the fetus causes a great danger. The disease often causes miscarriage or intrauterine death of the baby.
- Tests for HIV and hepatitis B, C.
- Detection of urinary infections and a smear on flora.
- Because of the increased probability of Contracting respiratory viral infections: recommended vaccinations.
The protective function of the mother
Reduced immunity in the female body during pregnancy plays a big role. Genetically laid so that the protective function is weakened for the possibility of bearing a child. The fruit combines paternal and maternal genetics, and therefore is partly alien in the female body. Lest the rejection of the fetus, nature took care about the internal processes of the expectant mother. If the fact of a weak immune system has the positive aspect that from the point of view of infection is reversed. But in this period, the danger threatening mother and child. As the little organisms coming from the blood through the umbilical vein, infection when infected mother is almost inevitable.
The influence of infection on fetal development can be avoided if you make timely vaccinations. It is not always possible to remember exactly what the disease was at an early age. If chickenpox remember everything, rubella or measles – no. To determine what vaccines you need to enter, should be tested for the presence of antibodies.
The necessary result of immunoglobulins G and M, which give information about the early contact with a particular virus or bacterium. The presence of proteins of class G means that immunity to the disease, as the organism encountered him. Proteins M stating a fact of the active phase at the time of the survey. The lack of immunoglobulin G indicate the necessity of vaccination, as there is a risk of infection in the unfavorable period. Vaccination against diphtheria is recommended in adults every 10 years.
The flu and its impact on the fetus
The risk of influenza (including “swine”) is very high. Given the duration of gestation, you can be witness to several outbreaks of infection, especially in autumn and spring. Take care of your health and well-being of the baby needs mothers who continue during pregnancy to lead an active way of life and maintain performance. Inevitable contacts in a crowded places creates a number of risks and causes substantial harm to the health.
Disease the pregnant woman is not desirable even for the simple reason that it is very difficult to find drugs that can fight the infection and not harm the fetus. In this regard, doctors recommend expectant mothers to put vaccinated against influenza in advance.
Flu vaccination during pregnancy should be early. It is better to do not less than 3 months prior to pregnancy, as the fact fertilization is the case that it is impossible to predict 100%. Vaccination can be done before conception or during pregnancy, but will be used children’s vaccine «Grippol +». In any case, the implementation of vaccination occurs in the absence of contraindications. A careful approach to this issue requires a pregnancy. Here you need to weigh everything and make a decision.
Whether to get a flu shot during pregnancy?
Not every woman, due to the individual characteristics of the female body can determine the readiness to conceive and anticipate a pregnancy, especially if she’s the first. Very often couples live a few years in the hope to have a baby. If a pleasant event occurred, and the flu shot is not made, do not despair.
The modern vaccine is able to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of infection with influenza, as it allows to protect the parent body from this disease. The vaccine carries no live virus and is inactivated, and its introduction into the body is possible after 12 weeks of pregnancy. The first trimester is a critical period in which occurs the emergence and development of the child. In this period most miscarriages, and additional unwanted effects. Because immunity against the virus within 2 to 4 weeks, vaccination should be carried out before the height of the epidemic, otherwise it will not have time to provide the desired effect.
After the test, having the test results, you can take action and eliminate the possibility of contamination and infection of the fetus. There are a number of infections that affect the formation and development of the child and that can be avoided through timely vaccination. Thus, vaccination during pregnancy:
- Rubella. Harmless children’s disease is very dangerous for pregnant women. This virus attacks the fetus and causes a miscarriage. If abortion has not occurred, the in utero development is a pathology. Measles causes blindness, mental retardation, the child may be completely deaf.Vaccination against rubella during pregnancy and is carried out in combination with measles and mumps. The introduction of a virus vaccine intramuscular stamp must be at least 3 months before planned conception, otherwise it can infect the placenta, which, in turn, will infect the fetus. Routine vaccination is vaccines Priorix» or «My» .Live viruses cannot be used during pregnancy. If you do not have time to vaccinate before pregnancy, it is better to abstain and to implement preventive measures. Try to avoid infection until the baby’s born.
- Hepatitis B can be transmitted in the hospital via medical instruments. It’s rare, but with big consequences. Possible doctors advise to protect themselves and the unborn baby. Pregnancy can occur in different ways. In some cases there are certain manipulations, injections, operations that create risk of infection.Immunity to the virus may persist up to 10 years, and all this time will act vaccination. Despite the fact that its influence on the fetus have not been identified, it is better not to risk to get vaccinated during pregnancy. The exception may be the special indications. Hepatitis B is inoculated with a vaccine «Engerix B».
- Varicella. It is especially dangerous to fall ill with a childhood disease as an adult. It is very heavy to carry, and in the case pregnancy still has a negative impact on the baby. If there are no antibodies to the disease, vaccination before planning conception is highly recommended by doctors. This must be done no later than 4 months prior to conception. Mandatory, at this time, the use of contraceptives. The weakened virus from the vaccine is contraindicated for use during pregnancy, as there will be infection of the fetus. For immunization used «Varilrix», «Arawaks»
Recommendations for prevention
If the pregnancy is unplanned time and vaccination could not be completed, it is necessary to take some preventive measures. For these purposes you should stick with the basics of epidemiology:
- In places where people wear a gauze bandage.
- To handle the nose and throat to irrigate salt solutions.
- Regular hygiene.
- The use of immunomodulatory drug Viferon in the form of an ointment or gel. At the first sign of a viral disease, it is recommended to use the drug in suppository form. They are able to help not only in treating the flu, but also diseases such as cytomegalovirus, Mycoplasma, chlamydia, SARS, hepatitis C, vaginal candidiasis, etc.
- The other, more powerful drugs can only be special prescribed.
All women have a strongly developed instinct of self-preservation, and in pregnancy it increases. Together with the recommendations of doctors is to listen to your own feelings and comfort.