Endometrioid cyst and pregnancy treatment and pregnancy
Often Mature women on reception at the gynecologist at the same time revealed endometriotic cyst and pregnancy or a cyst prevents pregnancy. In these cases, one should neither despair, nor make rash decisions or to fall into confusion. It is important to understand the problem, to think about what to do. Unity in views on the disease among physicians is not, first and foremost, the woman will have to make some choices.
Depending on survey results, health, personal preferences, and of course, the advice of experts is sought on the best option or combination. Among the main methods: hormonal treatment (therapy), laparoscopy (surgery) and tools of folk medicine.
What are cysts
In the ovary (pair female sexual organ) sometimes appear inflammation with the formation of blood-filled or fluid bladder, compressing adjacent organs and tissues. This protrusion with the usual diameter of a few cubic centimeters is called the cyst.
Major categories of cysts two:
- functional (or temporary, such as follicular, luteum cyst) usually resolve themselves without treatment after a few cycles;
- abnormal, hazardous, and sometimes life (torsion, rupture, cancer), often complicating pregnancy and childbirth, their treatment used hormonal and surgical methods.
Practice shows that temporary cysts, such as follicular ovarian cyst and pregnancy – quite a successful combination. Blocking the possibility to use the process of fertilization is one of the ovarian cyst follicular nature is the ability to produce conception on the basis of the other ovary. The “pregnant” the ovary in the period of carrying a child produces the necessary hormones and enzymes that are involved in the resorption of the cyst and restoration of function of the patient’s ovary.
Worse is the issue of abnormal cysts, among which are:
- dermoid, in which the ovarian tissue is found hair follicles and sebaceous glands;
- endometrioid cyst – a manifestation of endometriosis.
Endometriosis and cyst caused by pregnancy
When hormonal disorders and reduced immunity in Mature women is often revealed endometriosis. In the early stages of diagnosing the disease difficult. There is a gradual growth of the endometrium outside the uterus, including the ovaries. Thus the endometrium in the cycle of menstruation highlights the blood, and gradually forms in the pelvic area, microscopic, but growing cyst.
In appearance of endometriotic cyst is a pouch of “clotted” blood, the color resembling chocolate. Such bags sometimes a few, they hang on “legs” that grow tend to form adhesions. It is the result of compression of the legs of the fallopian tubes that feed the ovarian vessels and the ovary. Adhesions impair permeability, blood flow, normal functioning of the ovary and other organs.
Ovarian cyst and endometriosis – a common cause of temporary or chronic infertility, a combination of these conditions (endometriotic cyst) not only prevented pregnancy, but also unfavorable to the carrying a child. Sometimes the “overripe” cyst bursts (which is accompanied by severe pain, high temperature) that during pregnancy especially dangerous to the fetus.
Laparoscopy – an operation of getting rid of cysts is often made before pregnancy or after childbirth. The cyst in pregnancy in early pregnancy is not dangerous. But if not, or there are special indications, and possibly remove the cysts during pregnancy: as a rule, on terms from 14 to 20 weeks laparoscopy, and in rare cases with dramatically increased cyst – laparotomy.
Endometriosis and infertility
Many expectant mothers are concerned about the question whether it is possible to get pregnant with endometriosis cyst, is it dangerous? Troubled times when you cannot get pregnant or during pregnancy there is a suspicion on a cyst, find out gynecological examination. If suspected endometriotic cyst confirmed, should undergo ultrasound (us), and possibly an MRI to detect the cyst.
To clarify the picture, it is recommended to get an ultrasound at least twice: between periods (on a downward peak month) and in the midst of the period (on the rising peak monthly). Endometrioid cyst on ascending the peak monthly increases markedly in size.
The composition and ratio of hormones in the blood may indicate risk of endometriosis and cysts, and after confirmation of the diagnosis is on the rise or retreating the problems of this kind, they also allow you to partially clarify the diagnosis. The high rate of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) characteristic as in cases of follicular and other temporary cysts and endometrioid cysts, as well as in endocrine diseases, Smoking and reduction of stocks of eggs.
In the case of exhaustion of stocks of eggs is recommended to use the method of IVF (in vitro fertilization).
Pregnancy before surgery
Certainly, future mother wants to get pregnant, being completely healthy, without any risks for herself and the child.
If a woman wants a baby, and suddenly discovered endometriotic ovarian cyst, it is not necessary to hurry up “immediately remove”.
Deciding to get pregnant and give birth before the operation, we know that endometrial cyst during pregnancy usually does not cause serious anxiety, but is associated with some features:
- There must be regular supervision of endometriotic cyst in pregnancy reduces the confidence of successful pregnancy by increasing the risks of various complications, there is the possibility of an emergency operation.
- You may need urgent blood transfusion, if suddenly during pregnancy, the cyst is still burst (burst cyst is likely to be a follicular thin walled, which casts doubt on the diagnosis of “endometrioid cysts”, although at the moment for pregnant women is unlikely to be important).
- If you get pregnant because of the cyst is not immediately possible, then it is possible to try to at least partially treat, such as hormonal therapy (in modern medical practice often use OK – oral contraceptives).
- When and 3 – 4 month cycle after hormonal therapy to get pregnant failed or had serious problems with the pregnancy, then you can resort to surgery.
Pregnancy after surgery
A sharp pain, a contagious inflammation and other things speed up the decision on the removal of the cyst, or the patient decides to have surgery for a pregnancy and childbirth.
Deciding to become pregnant after surgery, take into account that pregnancy after endometrial cyst has its own characteristics:
- In practice, removal of endometriotic cysts of the ovary means the removal of most diseased part of the ovary, with loss of function, reduced ovarian reserve, higher FSH levels, the risk of late many cysts follicular nature.
- To remove the cyst with adhesions and part of the ovary (or even two) so to treat endometriosis, but does not mean to cure it – small pockets of foreign tissue remains on other bodies, threatening future relapse (return of illness) so that pregnancy after surgery should not long delay.
- In the postoperative period is often practiced at the same time therapy surgical wounds and hormonal therapy, aim to help the body to permanently secure at least a partial recovery from endometriosis.
- If the result of the operation was removed large sections of both ovaries, this will facilitate the next pregnancy, but the chances of subsequent pregnancies are plummeting.
- Fasting, usually short-term before pregnancy, the traditional method of infertility treatment. Endometriosis is painful menstruation, spreading from month to month, in addition to the uterus and to other organs, including the ovaries. Hindering the process factors is moderation in diet, considerable physical exertion and pregnancy. The sportswomen of heavy exercise at moderate power shall entail the cessation of menstruation – although now most of it is perceived as “extreme”. Endometriosis often affects women who are obese and high levels of FSH. Intermittent fasting helps to reduce weight, to reduce the rate of FSH, and constant, strict moderation in food is to preserve eggs, to protect them from painful menopause.
- “Remove the bad blood.” Abundant and irregular, painful periods, in the terminology of modern medicine, indicate a probable endometrial cyst of ovary. In past centuries it was considered a sign of an excess of “bad blood” and the cause of infertility. Removing the “bad blood”, had often used the bloodletting. That bloodletting helps to normalize hormonal balance, in particular, reduces the FSH level, reducing the risks and problems arising from endometrial and follicular cysts.
- Treatment with leeches (hirudotherapy) is also correlated with traditional views about getting rid of “bad blood”. According to current data, the leech before it can absorb blood, inject it order 200 components that increase the solubility, thereby flushing the lymph and the blood of these dead zones, like a cyst, improves hormonal balance and enhances immunity of the human body.
Modern medicine is not guaranteed and permanently get rid of endometriotic cysts. By and large the problem push back and she is back again, often leading to infertility, cancer. Experts differ in opinions about the underlying causes and trigger mechanisms of development of illness and issues of treatment and prevention, and only rarely have reason strongly to recommend surgery or IVF. Ultimately, the choice of method of treatment, pregnancy and childbirth remains by the woman herself.