Erosion of the cervix in nulliparous: treatments and causes
Cervical erosion is one of the most common gynecological diseases, which equally face parous women, and those who have not yet had time to experience the joy of motherhood. Antenatal treatment of cervical erosion is specific. This is due to the structure of the neck, which has a slit-like shape and a narrow passage, while the parous women the cervix is more stretched appearance and rounded form.
Symptomatic picture and causes erosion
Cervical erosion is not always pronounced the symptomatic picture. This is due to the extremely small area of the epithelium, causing the erosion. In most cases, erosion is detected on a routine gynecologic examination. Signs of the disease appear only in the case of a large area of damaged epithelial tissue erosion.
The symptoms of the disease:
- Discomfort in the vagina that occur during or after sex. The degree of pain syndrome may be different.
- Vaginal discharge with bloody streaks in the middle of the cycle.
- Excessive copious white. In some cases, vaginal discharge comes out purulent contents.
One of the main reasons for the development of cervical erosion – contact with the mucous membrane of the cervix infectious pathogens. The reason for the erosion can become a pathology of development of organs of the urogenital system and deformation of the mucosa of the vagina or uterus nonspecific nature. Changes associated with inflammatory processes.
Other possible causes of erosion:
- Infectious diseases that are transmitted during unprotected sex, in particular herpes, ureaplasmosis, chlamydia.
- Persistent discharge that cause irritation to the mucous membrane of the vagina and cause desquamation of the epithelium. Erosion caused by this factor is called the true. May be accompanied by bloody discharge. True erosion is an extremely unpleasant disease which causes severe discomfort. Is characterized by constant aggravation of symptoms.
- Dysbacteriosis vagina, which healthy flora is replaced by pathogenic biological organisms.
- Injuries of the mucous membrane, for example, due to surgical abortion.
- The use of chemical or barrier contraceptives.
- The failure in the hormonal system.
- A weakened immune system that cannot prevent the penetration and development of pathogenic microorganisms on the mucous membranes of the reproductive system.
Possible complications and diagnosis of the disease
Contrary to popular belief about the harmlessness of cervical erosion the disease without proper treatment may lead to unpleasant consequences.
There are cases where erosion takes place on their own, especially in young women. The possible complications are many infectious diseases for which erosion formation on the epithelium serve as a favourable platform is genital herpes, human papillomavirus, chlamydia. Without proper treatment if there is constant bleeding of the damaged epithelium there is a risk of development of neoplastic tumors.
Erosion of the cervix in nulliparous girl includes passing a series of medical tests:
- Smear to study the microflora.
- Study of the cervical epithelium.
- Biopsy (performed under certain conditions).
- Ultrasound of uterus and ovaries.
- A blood test for HIV/AIDS, syphilis and hepatitis.
The specificity of the treatment
It argued that the erosion of the cervix in nulliparous women not require treatment and the disease will go away eventually on their own. This is due to the misconception that the disease in such cases is treated as an outpatient and does not require serious intervention. In the absence of complications and a small area of infection of the epithelium, the treatment can not be performed at all. Girls are encouraged to wait until the birth and just after birth to remove the erosion method moxibustion.
Treatment of cervical erosion in nulliparous has its own specifics related to the risk of complications. Section of the epithelium that is exposed to plaque erosion, is located in the Central part of the cervix, and surrounds the cervical canal. For the treatment of cervical erosion in nulliparous girls are two methods – physical and moxibustion method humification.
The procedure of cauterization has the following disadvantages:
- The long recovery period (1 to 3 months).
- The prohibition of intimacy in recovery.
- Painful procedure.
- The risk of scarring of the tissues.
- Not used in the treatment of erosion advanced stage.
Physical method of treatment of cervical erosion in nulliparous has several types:
- The use of radio waves.
- Electric current.
During cauterization of this area, pre-treatment of the epithelium. During the procedure there is a high risk of damage to surrounding tissues. If the procedure is made, it can lead to scarring of healthy tissue and adhesions of the fallopian canal, which could lead to infertility.
Trauma to healthy tissues that surround the cervical canal, can lead to the development of isthmic-cervical insufficiency. This phenomenon is characterized by spontaneous opening of the cervix during pregnancy and miscarriage. Scarring of tissue can be the cause of many tears during labor.
The method of humification is more humane. It no pain, quick recovery, without hurting healthy tissue.
To treat cervical erosion in nulliparous women with medications in the early stages of the disease. Drugs the local spectrum of action aimed at the withering away of skin cells affected by erosion. The most effective medical treatment for erosion:
- Vhotel – has a disinfectant action, destroying the known types of pathogenic cells. Applied to the cervix by the gynecologist.
- Solkovagina – used in most cases for treatment of pseudo. It is used to treat only the affected epithelium with a cotton swab, only in a hospital.
The use of folk recipes for the treatment of cervical erosion in nulliparous is possible only after consultation with your doctor. The most effective means of traditional medicine:
- Sea buckthorn
- The propolis.
For the preparation of recipe based on mummies need soda solution (tablespoon of baking soda per gallon of water). Be douching the resulting solution, after inserting in the vagina with a cotton swab dipped in mummies. To use this method and parous patient. The course of treatment is 2 weeks, after which should take a week break and, if necessary, repeat the procedure. In most cases, full recovery of three repetitions.
One of the most common treatments for erosion, which can be used only if there are no allergic reactions to this product. The recipe of a medicine – liquid honey diluted in boiled water (a tablespoon per Cup of water). The solution is used for irrigation, after introduced into the vagina honey candle. For making candles will need the following ingredients: butter 150 g honey – 5 tablespoons, propolis tincture – 5 gr. Products to melt using a water bath, stirring continuously. Cool, form small candles, leave in the refrigerator until fully cured.
For the treatment of erosion used a decoction of St. John’s wort. Tablespoon dried herbs pour a glass of boiling water, put on fire and brought to a boil (important – use only an enamel bowl). Boil for 10 minutes, pass through a cheesecloth. Before use, allow to cool to room temperature. Taken daily half a Cup.
Nettle is used for scarring damaged tissues. For the treatment of erosion need fresh juice. For its preparation is taken several branches that must be thoroughly washed. Chopped in a blender branches, squeeze through cheesecloth. The resulting juice moistened cotton swab and introduced into the vagina as deeply as possible.
For this recipe you need to take 3 tablespoons of chopped herbs, put in an enamel pan, pour one liter of water, bring to a boil. Once the broth is boiling, turn off the heat and infuse for one hour. Strain through cheesecloth. Divide the entire volume of broth to 6 parts and pour into containers. Use for irrigation, pre-diluted with water with temperature of 30 – 35 degrees. The course is 20 days.
Sea buckthorn oil and propolis
- Sea buckthorn oil (you can buy in the pharmacy), is used to introduce the inside using a long swab. Inserted before bed and left on all night. Course – 10 days, followed by a break for 7 days and the procedure is repeated.
- Treatment of cervical erosion with propolis and Royal jelly 10 gr. of crushed propolis mixed with vaseline (25 g) and Royal jelly (1 g). The resulting mixture is applied on a cotton swab and inserted into the vagina before bedtime. In the morning to get it.
- Alcoholate on the basis of propolis. For its preparation you need to mix 3 tablespoons of the alcoholic solution and 5 tablespoons of propolis. Dilute the mixture with water in the ratio 1:1. To use for douching before bed. The course is two weeks.
- Erosion of the cervix in nulliparous women is not a sentence. With timely diagnosis and proper treatment of the disease is quick, without consequences.