Excision of the cervix — wave operation
Excision is a medical procedure that carries with it both therapeutic and diagnostic purpose. The essence is to remove diseased epithelium in the cervix, and then, in the remote areas of tissues to determine diagnosis or clarification. Thus, instead of having to destroy diseased tissue during surgery, with this procedure, most of these fabrics can take on the study. The operation is usually carried out in the period from 5 to 7 day cycle.
Types of methods of excision
There are several options for excision:
- Radiowave (radioactice).
- Loop is successful in eradicating.
Among these varieties are the safest in medicine believe laser and radiowave excision. Because with their help it is possible not to resort to directly surgery. This greatly reduces the risk of postoperative complications and shortens the rehabilitation period.
Indications for use patient excision
Your doctor may prescribe excision of the cervix, if was discovered the following problems:
- malignant neoplasms;
- scarring, which may occur deformation of the body;
- benign tumors;
- ectopia of the cervix;
- cases when other treatment options have not yielded results.
Contraindications to excision
Like any other procedure or surgery, excision has its contraindications. These include:
- infections of the genitourinary system;
- the first days of the cycle;
- lactation and breastfeeding.
Possible complications after the procedure, excision
In some cases, this procedure can entail some unpleasant consequences. They may be:
- bleeding from the body;
- accidental deletion of undamaged tissue;
- the appearance of scars;
- narrowing of the cervix;
- the emergence of infectious diseases;
- the pain after surgery;
- spotting-brown discharge.
Spotting brown discharge for several days are not a reason for concern, but excessive bleeding and cramping or pain in the abdomen is an obvious reason for immediate treatment to the doctor.
The principle of radio-wave excision
Radio-surgical apparatus with which the procedure is carried out, has action, which is based on the work of radio waves with high-frequency electric current. The source of radio waves on the device is the tip, which is in the process of operation brings to the damaged epithelium on the cervix.
Outgoing radio wave penetrates the tissue, thereby resulting in the damaged area begins to resist. In result, heat is generated that has an effect on the cells and they begin to evaporate. Then, at the place of the lost cells, growing a thin film, which disappears after a short period of time, and in its place is a healthy layer of epithelium.
In this way can be removed painlessly from erosion, post-surgical scars. Healthy cells in the process remains. The procedure itself is relatively quick and the patient does not need long preparation and hospital stay. Also, the procedure has no consequences such as burns, bleeding and necrosis.
Advantages of radiowave excision
Radiosurgical excision of the cervix leads to bleeding, aseptic and painless. There is also the risk of injury after the operation is very low. This method of conducting excision increasingly common in gynecologic practice.
It is possible to allocate following advantages of radiowave excision:
- high accuracy of diagnosis, as all the tissue that was removed after the procedure is a microscopic examination;
- the absence of burns to healthy tissue;
- no bleeding during the procedure;
- contactless interference — electrode is not in contact with the tissues;
- the healing process, which occurs under the fibrin film, and not the under the scab. (the risk of complications is reduced).
- after the operation, not the deformation of the body and leaves scars;
- quick procedure excision;
- the cosmetic effect.
To speed up the recovery process and reduce the risk of possible complications after radio-wave excision, you need to follow some recommendations:
- One week after the excision necessary to use drugs that accelerate healing and restore the tissue.
- To avoid the use of Aspirin for pain as it can cause bleeding. When painful feelings it is better to give preference to Nurofen.
- For two weeks avoid sexual intercourse.
- Throughout the month you should not use a hot bath, visit bath or sauna.
- Do not swim in public pools and ponds.
- During menstruation use pads, tampons and undesirable.
- In four to six weeks to visit a gynecologist for inspection.