Flaxseed oil at menopause, how to take
Menopause is a tough period in the life of a woman who turned age forty-five or fifty years. At this time, significant changes occur not only the reproductive system but also in the functioning of the organism as a whole: decreased production of estrogen responsible for the tone and youthfulness of the skin, the problems begin in the emotional sphere.
Daily consumption of Flaxseed oil during menopause can help alleviate unpleasant symptoms: it is rich in vitamins and minerals, has no serious side effects, stabilize the thyroid gland, promotes well-being and maintain natural hormonal balance. Everything you need to know about the flax oil and the peculiarities of its use in menopause, contains this article.
About the useful properties of flax seeds is known since the time of Hippocrates, in Ancient Greece, the extract of seeds were used for healing cuts, burns and wounds, in pre-revolutionary Russia – were added to breads and vegetable dishes.
In the modern food industry oil is not as popular as before. But still it enjoys great popularity among the adherents of folk medicine and natural cosmetics due to the unique composition and positive effects on the digestive, reproductive, cardio-vascular system of the body.
Appearance and characteristics
High-quality butter is a slightly yellowish or Golden liquid without sediment and odor. It can taste bitter, but his strong rancidity tells about improper storage or expiration date.
The oil obtained from the seeds by cold pressing, which allows to save all useful medicinal properties. Priority for therapeutic purposes is the unrefined oil – it contains a higher percentage of vitamins and minerals.
The set includes:
- lignans – phytoestrogens strong;
- b vitamins, including folic acid, which also has an estrogen-like effect;
- vitamins a, K, E, has a positive effect on the skin, the hair;
- complex microelements: potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron;
- omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids (vitamin F):
- oleic acid (13-30 %),
- linoleic (15-30 %),
- linolenic(44 – 60%),
- arachidonic (9-11 %).
Acids have a positive effect on cell division, accelerates metabolic processes, and are the strongest folk remedy for the prevention of cancerous tumors and metastases.
The lack of severe allergic reactions and vegetable origin oil makes it ideal for use by vegetarians, or vegan, or if contraindications to using fish oil.
- digestive issues: heartburn, increased acidity, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, gastrointestinal pathologies, parasitic infestations;
- diabetes and other endocrinological diseases;
- cardiovascular pathologies: strokes, heart attacks, atherosclerosis, to reduce blood pressure;
- to lower the level of cholesterol in the blood and reduce the risk of thrombosis;
- prevent formation of cancer cells;
- reduce premenstrual syndrome and menstrual pain;
- improve brain activity, when dealing with stress and depression.
Spectrum, extracts from the seeds of the flax quite wide. But the special importance of applied oil may play in the onset of menopause.
Useful properties during menopause
Menopause is a natural process of changing hormonal status of any woman. It is characterized by gradual decrease of estrogen production by the ovaries and takes place in stages:
- The premenopausal women may begin at age 40 – 45 years and last usually from 2 to 6 years. In this period, the woman observes a change of the cycle, menstruation becomes less abundant and short-lived.
- Menopause – the period when the menses completely stop.
- Postmenopausal – period after the last menstrual period.
All stages are accompanied by hormonal “shocks” the body, associated with an abrupt decrease in the level of hormones in the blood, which negatively affects the health of women.
Upon detection of the first signs of menopause, it is important to consult a doctor who will recommend drugs containing estrogens synthetic or natural origin.
Flax seeds contain natural phytoestrogens and is indicated to relieve unpleasant estrogen of menopause symptoms:
- compensate for a deficiency of vitamins and minerals, which often accompanies menopause;
- reduce the frequency and severity of hot flashes, bouts of palpitations and dizziness;
- improve mood, enhance libido;
- help to control weight gain associated with hormonal changes;
- improve the condition of aging, dry skin.
Unlike synthetic drugs, flax, or rather its oil, acts gently and does not violate the natural processes reduced functioning of the ovaries, but only has a supporting and stimulating effect on the reproductive system.
Flaxseed oil is not recommended to take the following diseases:
|Contraindicated in full:||Shown with caution:|
|Severe liver disease in the acute stage: cholecystitis, hepatitis, cirrhosis of the liver||Cholecystitis in remission|
|Ovarian cysts, polyps in the uterus|
|The first trimester of pregnancy (only under the supervision of a doctor), lactation.|
|The use of antidepressants, hormonal contraceptives, anticoagulants.|
Method of application
In folk medicine, the oil is used:
- Daily in pure form on an empty stomach:
For prevention: half an hour before meals 1 tbsp. for 10 – 15 days.
For treatment: together with a glass of warm water 1 tsp half an hour before first and last meal for the month. Gradually the dose is increased to 1 – 2 tablespoons a day. The therapeutic daily dose is 40 ml.
- As additives to salads, cereals, juices, yogurts, hot dishes (just before serving) – not more than 2 tbsp daily.
- In the form of pharmaceutical capsules – 1 to 2 each day in accordance with the instructions.
When used caution should be exercised:
- use oil and preparations based on it courses up to two months with a break of at least 30 days;
- not to use for frying, because high temperatures have a devastating effect on the omega acids in the oil are harmful carcinogenic compounds;
- to limit the period of application of the oils consumption other oils, as it reduces its efficiency.
The main difficulty of applying the linseed oil in its pure form it is a specific taste that not everybody likes. Therefore, there is a huge number of recipes, neutralizing the bitter taste partially or completely and allowing you to benefit from flax seeds when you climax. For example:
Difficult salad dressing. Preparation: 2 tbsp flax oil, 2 tbsp lime juice 1 – 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp maple syrup mix and season salad.
Kefir-and-walnut dessert. Preparation: Mix in a blender 2 tbsp of Flaxseed oil with 150 – 200 g of kefir until smooth thick mass. Add walnuts, almonds, half a banana, berries (blueberry, raspberry, blueberry), honey and cinnamon to taste.
Homemade mayonnaise. Preparation: Mix in a blender 2 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon mustard, salt and sugar to taste. Slowly pour in the resulting homogeneous mass 2 tbsp Flaxseed and vegetable oil, add the lemon juice and half a Cup of sour cream.
Fruit and vegetable smoothie. Preparation: pass through the juicer a pound of cleaned beets, 300 g carrots 400 g green peeled apples and add to the mixture 1 tsp of Flaxseed oil.
Acquisition and storage
When buying oil of flax seeds, you should pay attention:
- in color, no sediment on the bottom of the bottle and a sharp unpleasant smell;
- it is advisable to choose oil with a minimum shelf life (period of manufacture not earlier than three months prior to the sale);
- to buy bottles of 300 ml, as the oil spoils quickly and loses its flavor and medicinal quality
Store oil in a tightly-stoppered bottle of dark glass in the refrigerator or a cool, dry place. You must use within one to two months after opening sealed package.
Doctors and experts of traditional medicines called linseed oil “Russian gold”. This is explained by the huge number of useful properties of oils, as well as the content needed by the body omega-3 fatty acids and phytoestrogens.
After menopause a huge role in the health of the woman plays the right way of life and diet. In this regard linseed oil is the ideal companion in the fight against hormonal imbalance: depression, hot flashes, dizziness, mood swings and other conditions characteristic of menopause.